Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

*Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread

From
    Chicago burbs

Re: *Official* "Please introduce yourself" thread

Alrighty then. My name is Mike, I'm 33 and from the suburbs of Chicago. I've been a fan since it came out. I just recently got into the costume thing. At WizardWorld Chicago each year I would always get pics taken with all the costumed fans. So now I know who some of you are. One of my oldest friends Craig(JodoKast3) has been ddoing this for some time. A few months ago he showed me his props and let me try on his bucket. I was hooked. I've since fallen into this black hole called costuming which money can't escape(light yes, my checking account...no) I jus got my MLC bucket the other day. Since I don't have the skills like so many of you do, I sent it out to RA for painting. This will be mu custom Mandalore. I also have a ROTJ Fett bucket(and other pieces) so I would like to complete him someday.

http://home.comcast.net/~remolocke/images/RemosMLC.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~remolocke/i...faceToface.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~remolocke/images/frontpic.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~remolocke/i...osAndJodos.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~remolocke/i...rightsides.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~remolocke/i...RemoAtJK3s.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~remolocke/i...ewYearsEve.jpg

From
    Chicago burbs

Sorry about the size of the pics. JK3 showed me how to post pics but I don't know how to resize them.

From
    Palatine, IL

My name is Bill Soloway, I'm 33 years old and live in Palatine, IL (northwest suburb of Chicago). I'm currently married to my lovely wife Jen, and a stay-at-home dad for my two kiddies, 5 year old Josh and 2 year old Natalie. In my what seems to be a former life, I taught middle school P.E., computer applications, and music for 6 years (not all at the same time).

I've been a member of TDH since the very beginning. I think I joined up the day after it was established. It took over three years to finish my Fett (as if it will ever be "finished"). Since then I've also aquired and built an awesome suit of TE ANH accurate stormtrooper armor, which rocks.

I'm also a member of the 501st midwest garrison, where I go by the name TK/BH 3423 (34 in honor of Walter Payton and 23 in honor of Michael Jordan)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails christmas-letter-2-jpg   cheese-jpg   big-lil-boba-jpg  

Last edited by hansoloway; May 13, 2005 at 4:54 PM.

Hi I'm Steven Walter and I live in Northwestern Ohio. I am currently 13 going on 14. As you may have already guessed I like to drum. I have been a star wars fan ever scince I was old enough to think um around 4... I collect star wars toys and my first figures i recieved on my 5th birthday. I like to draw, play paintball, and attend convemtions and toy shows especially in costume. I have one younger sister. I also have a huge obsession with reptiles which I have always liked from a baby. Someday i hope to be a zoologist. I also have a cat and 4 turtles. I would like to have reptiles but my moms afraid of the bugs they eat and my dads afriad I will turn the house into a zoo. I am currently working on a custom mandalorian. I started working on my boba fett costume with my uncle awhile back ago. It started out slow but then we got a move on and finished it. Now I love making costumes or props.

From
    Flagstaff, AZ

I'm Wes Herlick,
    Born and raised in Hawaii. I'm 25. AM2(Aviation Structural Mechanic Petty Officer Second Class) in the Navy. I've been in for 6 years. Now residing in Virginia Beach. Did 4 years with VFA-87(3 of those painting jets), now I'm relaxing on shore duty stationed at AIMD Oceana.
    I'm into just about everything. Close to finishing a build on my Integra engine, dropping a 350 in my Toyota 4x4, guitar, PC gaming, building PC's, surfing, scuba, rifles, skeet, 1911 handguns, tattoos, drawing, nitro RC cars....

Last year I started to research building a Stormtrooper outfit a few weeks before Halloween, I realized that wasn't going to happen due to time and money. I figured that if I'm going to spend this much money on an accurate setup, I'm going to make a Fett.
    Purchased a helmet kit from TK-409 about a week ago, and registered here at TDH this morning.
    I'm looking forward to getting into something artistic.

Still undecided whether the armor will be Jango or Boba ESB/ROTJ.

-Wes

Here I am in my other helmet:
    http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=82316

From
    London, uk

Hi to all,
    My name is Sandy I live and work in London (UK) I'm a builder I do building maintenance covering all trades, I work for a company that has clinics all over the UK. Pay isn't great but I do get to work on bits of my Fett outfit at work so it's not all bad. I've been lurking around the boards here awhile, there was no way I could have started my scratch built ESB Fett outfit without the info contained on these forums so a big thank you to all.

DanakinSkywalker

Well I believe it's my turn to properly introduce myself. I was waiting until I got some decent pictures of myself out of costume but I never got around to it, oh well.

My name is Dan and I've been into Star Wars since the first time I saw it back in '95. I'm 19 years old and live in Southern California.

I run my own website, http://www.jedi-dan.net, which I have poured countless hours into. Check it out if you haven't already. I also am the Graphics Designer over at MandalorianWarriors.com

Right now I have two costumes, EP2/Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker and my custom Jaster Mereel. Here's some pics:

Right now I'm putting together an Episode III Anakin to debut at SDCC'04 and am looking into doing a Vader and various other costumes sometime down the road.

jangoboba

my names Andy jarosz and im 11 years old.I make computer games for a living.(yes i do own a game company)Ive been into starwars since 2000.

Man, am I late or what?

My name's Jen Angel and I'm 30 years old and I live in the middle of nowhere compared to the rest of you, in Kansas, but we make more airplanes than anyone else. Haven't interested Boeing in making a Slave I yet, though

I am a huge fan of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica, and am quite lucky to have a major supporting hubby to share my habits with. I am an eye doc with the Air Nat'l Guard, and a seamstress and a work at home mom to a 6 going on 16 year old who thinks Jango's too cool. Someday I'll get finished with Jango 1.0 so I can upgrade with the rest of you!

Jen

Lupus Yonderboy

Hi all,

My name is Pontus and although I've been around boards like the RPF for a couple of yrs I'm completely new here. Looks like a fantastic place! Recognize a lot of names and/or avatars .

I was born in '71 and live in Uppsala, Sweden together with my fantastic girlfriend Lottis.
    I recently quit my job at a small biotech company and went back to university in order to get a Ph.D. in molecular biotechnology engineering. As a consequence, my prop-budget is severly restricted nowadays

I've been into collecting/making movie and medieval costumes for quite a while but it wasn't until I discovered the many on-line forums a couple of yrs back I really got hooked. It's been a downward spiral ever since but I've met loads of fantastic people along the way and made some really good friends .
    Whenever I get a chance I take my Ducati for a spin or go sailing.

Cheers,
    Pontus

Managed to dig up a pic

From
    Moesko Island

Well, I know that itís pretty late to introduce my self here, in fact there isnít much to say about me.

My name is Michael, Iím austrian and I live in France since my childhood. Iím a free graphic designer, single (yes!), motorcycle rider and a big Star Wars fan since 77.

I started my first Boba costume in 98 and Iím still working on it after all these years. I believe that it will never be finished.

Sorry for my flat head, but it has rained. This ainít my normal state, even after years of wearing a DP 97.

From
    St. Louis, Missouri

Okay, Okay, I know this is hugely late! I just came across this and thought I should add myself to it.

My name is George, born in '66, fell in love with Star Wars from day one!
    Married for 13yrs to a beuatiful wife (who owns a dance studio where I do her identity and costume designs) Thankfully, she is very tolerating of my "Fettish"
    We have two beautiful kids, one boy and one girl, doesn't get any better than that!

I'm a Design Director for a Multimedia Production company in St. Louis.
    I've been coolecting Star Wars and other Sci Fi stuff since I was a kid. Still have my "early bird" kit as well as the figures from 1978!

Right now I'm trying to get together a Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and a kid Fett for my son who is following in his dad's footsteps. I'd also like to make a Jedi for C3 and take 'em all.

From
    the OC

...better late than never...

...Hello, my name is Lewis, I live in So Cal...Orange County to be more exact...currently very happily married with 3 kids, a boy and 2 girls...7, 6, and 5...I am just beginning my adventure into making a costume for myself and appreciate the boards availability for a newbie like me...

...been a SW fan since birth well not really more like since 1978...however, I have never really been a member of any fan club or forum pertaining to SW...ironically, my only real piece of SW memorabilia that I keep are my autographed Jeremy Bulloch SW TCG cards and Riddell helmet...these I had done in person...he is the coolest guy around...

...I am just stoked to finally be able to do this...

Take care and see you guys on the boards...
    Lewis

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I guess I'll join in as well.

My name is Muhammed Ozeroglu. I go by Oz.
    I am in the 501st Legion So Cal Garrison.

I'm 31 years old and married currently living in San Diego.

As a pre requisite, I am a huge SW fan, and have been as long as I can remember. I like to work with my hands and build anything. Due to time and resource constraints, I chose to start out with a ready made Jango so I could get out and start trooping as soon as I could. I have made lots of modifications to it. I can see that I will probably upgrade every piece of it slowly and hopefully, from scratch.

Here are some pics of my suit in various stages.

I hope to see and troop with all of you at future events.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fettvet1sml-jpg   oz-jpg  
    Last edited by zxwing; Oct 2, 2005 at 3:57 AM.

Hey, welcome to the group, guys! And oh, sweet heaven, that car!!!!!

From
    Bellevue, NE

Crap! I can't believe I didn't post sooner on this one! My name is Bryan, I'm 29, been married one month today, and also have a VERY tolerant wife. I've been into SW since the beginning. Didn't actually start Fett until '96 (I think), and still have nothing to show for it, except for the two Webleys I have. Just got a new house and a new car, so funds have been limited. I'm also a longtime fan of the musical The Phantom of the Opera. I'm making a costume from that show as well, and it'll probably cost as much as Fett to make, but it's well worth it.

From
    Griffin Georgia

hey all I am fairly new to the TDH forums but have met a few of you so far and have thouroughly enjoyed it all, My name is James Holmes I live in Griffin Georgia just 15 minutes from DC in atlanta, (and can't be there, buying new home thank heaven) I am new to the prop collecting ring and costuming and am 3/4 of the way done with suit (rotj fett) i'm 29 have three wonderful children twin sons 2 yo monday 6th and daughter 9 yo who is dying to get a mini trooper costume to follow in her fathers footsteps. My wife and I both are in law enforcement and have been for some time she longer than me though and she is so patient with my recent whims to buy all kinds of prop stuff, IE.. darth vader next and hopefully if im graced the super footsoldier from stargate, so this new hobby has immediately become time consuming and expensive thank god for my supportive wife and other fans like yall

From
    Orlando, Florida

Hey everyone. My Name is Anthony. I have been a member of TDH since sometime around December of 2003. I've been working on a Jango costume for a while now. It has definantly proven to be much more expensive than anticipated! It has been much funner making a costume than buying one though. I am also working on several costumes right now. 1.) X-Wing pilot 2.) New Republic Special Forces Officer 3.) Light Jedi (just need to get the belt) 4.) Dark Jedi.

Here's the light Jedi getting there. This pic is pretty old now. I now have boots and am almost done making a belt. Also I have made a few sabers.

I also like to make movies/films/whatevers. I am in TV Production class At Apopka High School and we learn a good amount of stuff there. I think I have learned more from the internet though. I have been making films for about a year and a half now. Someday I will make that Star Wars FanFilm that so many people dream of completing but few succeed. Well thats everything I can think about right now. TDH is the best forums I have ever been a member of. Seriously.

From
    Rancho Cordova, CA

Hi, my name is Zak, and I am a Fettaholic. I live in Sacramento, CA, and split my time working for a big wireless phone company (can you hear me now?), going to school to get an IT degree, chasing my 3 year old daughter around, and trying to maintain some shred of a social life. I'm brand new to this forum, and to the whole costuming thing. I've never been to a convention, but I've been a huge SW fan since I was about 4 years old, and Boba was always my favorite character. Ever. Out of everything. About 6 months ago, I stumbled across tk409.com, and found this place. Since then, I've been obscenely obsessed with building a custom Mandalorian (almost done), after which I plan to start on an ESB Boba, and maybe a stormtrooper. If I do that, then I guess I'll have to join the 501st too. Guess I'll also have to start going to Cons if I want to actually wear this monstrosity that I'm making. Seeing all the pics posted from D-Con and Comic Con in San Diego is only making me want it more.
    My sister and friends think I'm the biggest nerd ever for being into this, but atleast I have taste, right? The few of you I've met on here already have been a tremendous help in helping me aquire a few pieces for my suit that I couldn't find on my own, and I think I've learned more about building a Fett just from reading these boards than a normal man's head can hold.

-Zak

From
    Nashville, TN

My name is Craig, I'm 34 and I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY. When I was 16 my family moved to Clearwater, FL and I now reside in Nashville, TN.

Besides putting together an ESB Fett, my hobbies include playing ice hockey (I'm the goalie), "playing Geddy" in a 3 piece Rush tribute band (thus the 2112 in my title), and playing paintball.

I'm a computer geek and just stopped working for a big wireless company and started working with a huge healthcare company. My girlfriend of some 8 years is very tolerant to my hobbies. And have been a huge Star Wars fan since the originals came out.

From
    Richmond, VA

My name is Chris (tho all my friends call me Mule... A nickname from college). I am 31 years old and single at the moment. I'm a professional costumer, working for one of the largest Shakespearean festivals in the country as a costume crafts assistant. I am also a trained cutter/draper and kiltmaker.

I joined TDH about a year ago to research a leathercraft project for Bradleyfett, but until recently, when I started my own Mandalorian, haven't been around much. I just attended my first Dragon Con and am now hooked. I'll definitely be around more often from here on out, and will hopefully get the chance to meet you all at DC next year.

Lurker

Hey everyone! I am new to this, so forgive me if I do something wrong. As you can tell from the name, I normally just lurk around here from time to time, but hopefully I will be more active now that I have been to my first Con and met some of you guys. I had an absolutely wonderful time this past weekend. I owe it all to Jesse, who opened me up to this whole experience and had everything to do with my very first costume (the Bride from Kill Bill.) I hate to admit it, but I had never even seen a single Star Wars movie before I met him. Boy have things changed! Anyway, I am really glad I got to be "famous" for the weekend. I loved all the costumes (Elvis Trooper, Jack Sparrow, Barbie Fett, Lt. Dangle, the Elven Archer, etc.) but unfortunately, I missed out on Mango Fett- I am really depressed about that. The highlight of my weekend was meeting David Carradine.. and being with Jesse, of course. I enjoyed the Dented Helmet panel- congrats to Arturo on winning the baby helmet!

So here is a little about myself..
    I am an 18 year old student at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa but home is Carrollton, GA. I am studying to become a speech pathologist and hopefully one day I will work in a private practice for children. I enjoy playing tennis, watching movies, going to concerts, and spending time with Blastech.. my main squeeze. I look forward to seeing you all next year! Thanks for making my first time very pleasurable! <- (After the discussion @ the panel, I know ya'll will enjoy that.)

-LurkerLauren

Hmmm okies i will introduce myself (you all sound mighty kewl btw - specialy Mirax - girl after my own heart!)

Personal Stuff - My name is Beks, Becky, Rebecca (whatever you wanna call me lol) I'm 24, from the U.K and as good as married with a 4 year old son. Before i had my son i was pretty much a wild girl trying anything including flying, canoeing, abseiling, shooting, skiing, climbing - I'd have a go at anything. Im totally in LOVE with sports bikes and ive been riding motorbikes since i was 17. Anything with 2 wheels is a good thing I'm an aspiring actor /dream and trying to get back into life now my son is due for school in Jan

Ive always loved wearing costumes, i started out as Lara Croft, and since then have done Black Cat and Princess Leia. Atm im working on Zam, Aayla Secura, Poison Ivy, Mystique, Electra. I am a member of the 501st UK Garrison with my Leia costume (i was desperate to join and couldnt wait for Zam lol)

Hope to make some friends here Maybe one day if i win the lotto ill see you all at DC

Added some pics yay
    Lara Croft

Black Cat

Link to Leia
    http://garysheriston.fotopic.net/p6715207.html

From
    Earth

Hello everyone, My name is Darrin Moore I am 32 years of age and live in Kentucky with my Wife. I moved here from Richmond, VA (where I was born and raised) 6 years ago to a job prospect and desite all the rumors that Kentucky is a hick town have found out quite the contrary.

Anyways, I have long been a fan of star wars ever since My father and myself stood in the long line for tickets more than 20 years ago.

I had just about every toy and loved the other two movies even more, and swore Empire Strikes Back was and still imo is the best movie in existance (original cut).

Over the years I kinda fell out of the star wars scene and didnt really pay to much attention to it, when I seen something Star Wars I still thought it was pretty cool but still didnt have a drive to build a costume. That all changed when I heard the movies where rereleaseing I took it upon myself to make my first fett costume which was horrible but I had fun.

I also started to collect action figures and that is a real pain cause they make so many that look so good, and have a room with about 500 action figures, statues, etc. etc. pretty much anything I think is cool. I do not have any kids so it is still all unopened hehe.

That sparked my interest in all kinds of costumes. I have recently just finished my full plate custom armor from LOTR's. Needless to say it isnt fake and weighs some 45 pound. Quite heavy to treck around in.

Then a few months ago I was thinking about Boba Fett for some strange reason and my old costume and just decided to give it another shot. I dug my old helmet out and after reading alot about what kinda helmet was good I was surprised I had a 95 deluxe don post helmet. so I thought to myself this is probubly one of the hardest pieces to get, lol which I was so wrong.

But it gave me a good start and here I am today still trying to get this thing together so I can wear it to a big costume contest in my local mall on halloween, and then to the premiere of EpIII and beyond.

I also just bought a really awesome batman full mask with cowl, and it looks just like it was molded from the movie one for cheap i couldnt pass it up, so it looks like I will try and have my batman ready for the con next year so I can have 3 costumes to take.

From
    Metro Philadelphia

Hello All.
    My name is Jenni Dryden. I am single - still looking for the right cool geek boy. I'm 34 (soon to be 35 in less than a month) and have been costuming since 2002. I live outside of Philadelphia and am currently in school full time for yet another degree. I am studying Fashion Design at the Art Institute of Philadelphia to go into Costume Design for Film and TV. I will graduate on December 17 and have been busy completing an internship and classes so I missed DC this year.

I have been a Star Wars fan since it first came out in the theaters in 1977 when I was in second grade. I played with my Leia action figure so much that her nose wore away and she has no more face. I started costuming right after AOTC came out and attended my first convention ever that August at DC 2002. I made something like 10 costumes in about 8 months or so and then before I knew it others were asking me to make costumes for them. In Spring 2003 I found myself back in school to turn my hobby into a career. I am going to continue making my own costumes for cons as well as pursue my career while being based out of Philadelphia. NYC is close and lots of filming goes on in the region. I plan on starting to compete in costume masqs in 2005 and have a few interesting ideas in the mix. I'm also getting ready for C3, Costume Con and DC '05 with some new Star Wars and sci fi garb. I've been sort of a lurker around TDH since Fall 2002 after meeting Seeker and others from the MidWest. I have thought about making Boussh but haven't had the time or resources to get started.