Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

The Official Jango Wes Iraq Update Thread

From
    New York

Re: The Official Jango Wes Iraq Updtate Thread

Jango wes,

Thank you and your troops for all you are doing ! We don't know each other but.. Your service for our country is very much appreciated. Even through I and all of your fellow TDH brothern will never know what you and many others have givin an endured in Iraq. I feel We owe you and the US troops some kind of thanks. So please If you need anything please let us know. On this post you gave an ship to adress for mail. It was :

SSG Wes Fussell
    B co/4-1 BSTB
    Unit#42530
    Apo AE 09361

Hope this is right , You will hear from me and my family soon. I think we all should drop wes a line . Hope to meet you at the next Star Wars celebration to thank you in person. and

From
    Wiesbaden, Germany

Hey everyone,

I'm still here. Nothing new really going on. Still surviving and counting down the days until R&R. Sorry for not posting sooner, but I've just been worn out.

The address is correct, but the rank has changed: it's SFC Wes Fussell now.

Wes

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

Congrats! Does that "S" stand for Sergeant?

Stay safe.

I helped at SDCC '08 Silver Fett's Avatar
    From
    California

Wow, congratulations on your new rank, Sergeant First Class. Keep in touch my good friend.

Wes,

Good to know the sandbox hasn't gotten the best of ya! Best from your Arkansas brothers in the SG.

From
    Phenix City, AL

MandalorFett said: View Post
    Congrats! Does that "S" stand for Sergeant?

Stay safe.

SSG stands for Staff SerGeant. SFC is Sergeant First Class.

Congrats, Wes. Hope to see you again at Dragon*Con.

From
    Redding, CA

I'll be praying for you. Be safe.

From
    Centreville, Virginia, United States

Jango_Wes said: View Post
    Hello my TDH brethren!

Just dropping a line to let everyone know how I'm doing.
    First of all, my travel agent is fired!
    I've been in Baghdad for about a week now. We've finally gotten our bags in and we've gotten settled in. I'm living in a tent with about 18 other guys but it's not that bad. We have an industrial A/C unit to help keep it cool and ponchos hung up to give us privacy. We should be moving into hard side barracks in about 2 months.
    The base itsself is a hole. You wouldn't expect mud here, but good lord, the motor pool is about a foot deep mud pit. And it dries like concrete. You really realize you are in a war zone when the first night you have mortar attacks. There has been small arms fire every night since we've been here. Last night the guard towers were fighting and you could hear the M240Bs (big maching guns), 249s (smaller machine guns) going for about half an hour. Today, someone launched an RPG round over the wall. Luckily, it was a dud and no one was hurt (I wasn't in there at the time).
    We have no equipment in right now, so we have lots of down time. Once it gets here, we will start our missions. The days are going by pretty fast, so once we start real work, they should really go by fast. Only 345 more to go!

Wes
    Ahhhh, good 'ol FOB Falcon. Yeah, it was a freaking mud hole back then. When I first got here back in October, it was U3 every night between 17:00 and 20:00 because the insurgents would rocket and shell us every night between those hours, like clock work. lol Every few days they'd REALLY shell the hell outta us.

Now I split my time between living at a COP and running mission after mission after mission out of Falcon.

SPC Simmons. C/co 1-18Inf

Oh yeah, n00b to TDH here BTW.

-Cit

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

Citokre Dekanis said: View Post
    Ahhhh, good 'ol FOB Falcon. Yeah, it was a freaking mud hole back then. When I first got here back in October, it was U3 every night between 17:00 and 20:00 because the insurgents would rocket and shell us every night between those hours, like clock work. lol Every few days they'd REALLY shell the hell outta us.

Now I split my time between living at a COP and running mission after mission after mission out of Falcon.

SPC Simmons. C/co 1-18Inf

Oh yeah, n00b to TDH here BTW.

-Cit
    Welcome to TDH, and thanks for your service.

From

Thank you. I'm very glad I found this site. I've been browsing and have found everything I've read so far EXTREMELY useful. I learned more about Mando costumes in here in 1 hour than I learned searching through Google for the better part of a day.

Oh yeah, quick edit to my previous post. For those of you who are probably wondering. U3= Uniform 3, which is full kit.

-Cit

Wes wanted me to post some of his softball pics from Falcon. Good thing it's not always work and no play there.

Brandy

From
    Kingman, Arizona, United States, 107964532558835, Kingman, Arizona

Nice to see them getting some play time! Thanks for posting some more pics!

From
    Michigan

Thanks, Brandy! Glad to see some new pics from over there. Tell him we're all thinking about him next time you speak.

From
    Lowell, MA

Looks like you guys just havin your selves a little tea party out in Falcon. Ha!, just kidding youse guys be safe out there ok. "Semper Fi" wate that's the Marine Corps, What is the ARMY saying anyways?
    Last edited by Col.Chopper; Jul 26, 2007 at 3:57 AM.

From
    Palatine, IL

Thanks for the update, it's good to see Wes is OK...did his team win the game?

From

Mirax H said: View Post
    Nice to see them getting some play time! Thanks for posting some more pics!
    Ha-ha-ha, not all of us have enough free time, or enough energy left over to play ball games. Nice to see someone enjoying themselves though.

Col.Chopper said: View Post
    Looks like you guys just havin your selves a little tea party out in Falcon. Ha!, just kidding youse guys be safe out there ok. "Semper Fi" wate that's the Marine Corps, What is the ARMY saying anyways?
    It's: ARMY STRONG!, roger? Heh heh heh, yeah the Army doesn't have a fancy Latin slogan like the Marines and their "Semper Fidelis"...Special Forces do (De Opresso Liber/Liberate the Oppressed), but yeah, the Army as a whole makes do with "Army Strong"...for now at least. Probably change again in a few years...

-Cit

From
    Lowell, MA

I always thought the army would have a motto. Oh well be safe "devildog" wate that's the Marines well that's what I get for joining the USNSCC.
    Last edited by Col.Chopper; Jul 27, 2007 at 1:50 AM.

From

Col.Chopper said: View Post
    well that's what I get for joining the USNSCC.
    What? Aspirations of being a "Squid"? If you do go the Navy path make sure it's either: SEAL, pilot, or EOD.

-Cit

From
    Lowell, MA

Citokre Dekanis said: View Post
    What? Aspirations of being a "Squid"? If you do go the Navy path make sure it's either: SEAL, pilot, or EOD.

-Cit
    Actualy I was hoping to join the Army as a Military Intelligentce Officer but I am still going to go to SEAL Training and maybe EOD in the USNSCC. Unfortanintly I am still only a 13 year old Seaman and I have to be a Petty Officer and 16 to go to SEAL training.
    Last edited by Col.Chopper; Jul 29, 2007 at 2:30 PM.

From
    The Cold Widwest

Glad to see they're having some fun while they're there, stay safe buddy!

From
    K-town, WI

Thanks for sharing those pictures Fett Girl. The first shot I would have not guessed he was over there. Then the 2nd shot..the building in the background.. i'm like how many antennas can you put on a building.

Glad to here he is having a bit a fun while over there.. We'll make sure he has a good time on his R&R... Congrats on your promotion too.

From
    Northern California

Good News to get about Wes!! Thanks Brandy for the update!!

From
    Stittsville, Ontario, CANADA

Stay Safe.

Ok, what gives? I have tried sending Wes a package 4 times now. It takes a while but I get it back. No reason no explaination. Am I hated by the mail service? I think so. I have checked the addy too, its correct. Anyone have ideas?

Jango and Zam said: View Post
    Jango wes,

Thank you and your troops for all you are doing ! We don't know each other but.. Your service for our country is very much appreciated. Even through I and all of your fellow TDH brothern will never know what you and many others have givin an endured in Iraq. I feel We owe you and the US troops some kind of thanks. So please If you need anything please let us know. On this post you gave an ship to adress for mail. It was :

SSG Wes Fussell
    B co/4-1 BSTB
    Unit#42530
    Apo AE 09361

Hope this is right , You will hear from me and my family soon. I think we all should drop wes a line . Hope to meet you at the next Star Wars celebration to thank you in person. and

From
    Greensburg PA

First off I'm a newbie here and TDH is great.

Laan -it is possible that when the package gets to a certain location, there may be activity going on to close the military post office there. For a while there were certain locations in Iraq that were closed for mail, im not sure if those areas are still restricted. Let me check on his location and will get back to you. The reason I know this is because I am a Air Force military Postal clerk. I am stationed in Italy now but have been to Kuwait, Iraq, Oman, Bahrain, and Pakistan. Believe me it really stinks when your at a location and mail can't get there. There have been times that no mail would come for days/weeks.

Wes from one service member to another - take care and keep your head down. Come back safe and sound.