Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Subscribe
    Sep 14, 2007, 11:10 AM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #151

It wasn't too bad. This was our 7th year going to Dragon Con, and the first time we ever had any problems with the hotel room. No problems, bro. Hopefully next year they'll get it right.
    Sep 14, 2007, 11:35 AM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #152

Quote Mirax H said: View Post
    I know I know... well I fully intend to do some studio shots once I have the correct t-shirts
    I didn't get a studio shot done, but the hallway shot I got wasn't too bad. I did my racerfront from scratch, trying to practice on my sewing techniques. The flightsuit was my friend Kelly's. Whatcha tink? I talked to Dana, and mine is close, only the angles of the curves for the arm holes could've been a tad straighter. But Starbuck's racerfront (whose I mimic'ed) are a little more curved cause she has more of a bust than Sharon :o However, the lines are still a tad straighter than mine by a couple of hairs. I am sure D'gasser's and Got Maul's run will be awesome, I hope to buy a set too. The muscle shirt underneith would be way better than what I have dyed for sure.

Sep 14, 2007, 4:53 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #153

The cut on your shirt looks great. Nice job on that.
    Sep 14, 2007, 10:09 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #154

Tanks! (Pun-intended!) Here's a front shot: But, it wasn't ironed so the edges weren't clean and neat.
    Sep 15, 2007, 9:18 AM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #155

looks good..i would say the only real issue with the accuracy is the straps seem a bit thick and the center a bit wide...but nice non-the-less
    Sep 15, 2007, 9:37 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #156

Only if you go by that pic. There are so many variations of the tank throughout the series it is ridiculous.
    Sep 15, 2007, 11:30 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #157

Quote bobagoat said: View Post
    Only if you go by that pic. There are so many variations of the tank throughout the series it is ridiculous.
    Seriously! I can imagine what Dana and Jose had to go through with the pics to figure out which ones would work for their run.

Yeah, I shouldn't have put up the particular comparison of the cropped Sharon's pic, like I said, I did my tank after Starbuck's and ironing makes a load of difference in appearance for my particular fabric. Thanks Daddy Goat I just quickly pulled that pic Sharon for a post on a different forum, because I wanted to mimic an asian chick in that photo, not necessarily highlight the sewing aspects. I should do a recrop, but eh... forgettabout it. Not to mention, for each actor, it was a custom racerfront.
    Sep 16, 2007, 12:47 AM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #158

Here's one I found on my camera's card the other day.. Hummm, someone's TIRED!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcon7 00311.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	20364  
    Sep 16, 2007, 6:10 AM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #159

Quote bobagoat said: View Post
    ya..im not really big on that show...like the original better..just me...sorry, my observations soley on the pic shown, but all in all from what ive seen at D*con and other shots, it looks real good

and i love that picture of BB....fannnnntastic!
    Sep 16, 2007, 2:52 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #160

Quote JDFett said: View Post
    ya..im not really big on that show...like the original better..

you're crazy!

i think the re-imagined version of the show is so much better than the old one. better uniforms, better actors, hotter cylons
    Sep 16, 2007, 4:42 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #161

true about the later...but i am a stickler for original concepts and the whole fun feel for the older shows...they are classics ya know...the killer for me was making starbuck a woman...not that i have a problem with a woman in a roll like that...CAUSE I DON'T! but could you imagine star wars getting a remake in 30 years and han solo being hanna solo?
    Sep 16, 2007, 5:17 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #162

I'm more worried about GL remaking SW in less than 10 years and having a Hanna Solo.

The re-imagined series sssssssoooooo totaly trumps the classic series. They've got Marines. But back on topic, does anyone have any images from the D*Con parade?
    Sep 16, 2007, 7:18 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #163

Jodo, which part? There are tons on the TCF forum gallery of mostly BSG, but they got some of the rest of the parade in some of their member's links. One person got the SW part of the parade, and whew, you felt like the pics of 501st would never end, kinda like the opening scene of spaceballs with the star destroyer
    Sep 16, 2007, 7:27 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #164

an NEG member took a ton of parade photos from his 7th floor balcony at the hyatt in front....check here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...cVUN?start=132
    Sep 16, 2007, 8:02 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #165

Yeah, enspecialy the TCF part (This is Col.Tigh / Radium from TCF if ya didn't know Zam), but just any parts at all of the parade.

P.S. - JD - Thanks for the link!
  16. Nov 29, 2007, 12:30 PM - hot on the heels #166

I'm still captioning, but my 2007 Dragon*Con XXI gallery is now open for your viewing pleasure;

(Click the banner to enter the gallery)

I welcome any comments or caption suggestions you may have.

Be well,
    Thomas
    Nov 30, 2007, 10:14 AM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #167

I LOVE this picture!!! It was taken EARLY Friday morning at about 3:30AM I'm guessing. We were among the last people left in the Hyatt lobby.
    Jan 17, 2008, 7:54 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #168

Here's some late Spartan images. I havent gotten around to finish my regular DC gallery. But here's some 300 images

thanks to Darthgoat and TK604 for the web host

enjoy
    http://www.darthgoat.com/arturo/300_DC_2007.htm
    Jan 17, 2008, 9:11 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #169

Seeker ...aewsome pics man..just awesome...
  20. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Jan 17, 2008, 9:59 PM - Re: **Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!! #170

Dang ... that's a lot of Spartan pics. Hey, even Elvis Trooper made it into the Gallery!