Subscribe
  1. Jun 25, 2015, 4:54 PM - Odd Boba #1

I just realized something. Back on Oct. 26th, 2012, I found myself in San Francisco at the end of a business trip with a day to spare. This was before the sale of Lucasfilm had been finalized and announced. So I decided to take a pilgrimage to Geek Meca, the Lucasfilm offices!

Here I am outside with Master Yoda...
    image-jpg
    I just sorta...let myself in to the front office. As you can see, the receptionist and security were 'absent'...
    image-jpg
    So I snapped some pictures of some of the great memorabilia they had decorating the place...
    image-jpg
    This was before my recent plunge into Boba costuming and prop building and my introduction to all you awesome folk here on TDH. I just realized, thanks to you guys, that the Boba they had graced their foyer with was really not all that well done...
    image-jpg
    I'm a little disappointed. I mean these were the offices of Lucasfilm for pity's sake! I only hope Kathleen Kennedy and the crew have found a better representation in the new downtown offices. I'll have to try and sneak in again next time I'm there on business!
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Jun 25, 2015, 7:53 PM - Re: Odd Boba #2

What's with the crazy pose Vader is doing
    Jun 25, 2015, 8:48 PM - Re: Odd Boba #3

Looks like the rubies supreme costumes. Lol
    Jun 25, 2015, 8:57 PM - Re: Odd Boba #4

I feel the same way about the Boba Fett and Jango Fett at Star Wars Weekends at Disney. The ROTJ Boba Fett...if you want to call him that.....had a jet pack that was green, white and red with a silver rocket. His armor was not even close, he was carrying an ESB rifle with ROTJish gauntlets. It is a total train wreck.

And the Jango Fett is so way off......I wouldn't even let my kids go meet them. I told them I would dress out and take pictures with them and sign their autograph books but we, as true Star Wars fans, could not endorse such substandard presentations.
  6. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    Jun 26, 2015, 12:04 AM - Re: Odd Boba #5

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    I feel the same way about the Boba Fett and Jango Fett at Star Wars Weekends at Disney. The ROTJ Boba Fett...if you want to call him that.....had a jet pack that was green, white and red with a silver rocket. His armor was not even close, he was carrying an ESB rifle with ROTJish gauntlets. It is a total train wreck.

And the Jango Fett is so way off......I wouldn't even let my kids go meet them. I told them I would dress out and take pictures with them and sign their autograph books but we, as true Star Wars fans, could not endorse such substandard presentations.
    this! i <3 this so much
    Jun 26, 2015, 6:10 AM - Re: Odd Boba #6

Not sure about the other pieces but the Fett statue is the old Don Post full size. It was pretty limited back in the day.
    Jun 26, 2015, 8:53 AM - Re: Odd Boba #7

You gotta have standards.
    Jun 26, 2015, 7:19 PM - Re: Odd Boba #8

Definitely a DP statue.
    Jun 26, 2015, 8:00 PM - Re: Odd Boba #9

I went back in 2010 during a family visit. Similar situation, I just kind of let myself in. I probably hung around too long. I was snapping photos of everything. I started to get the feeling that I was bothering the front desk staff, so I headed out. It was a great time though.

I snapped some of Fett and Vader as well:

19264_1294417953710_7888570_n-jpg19264_1294417913709_3493839_n-jpg19264_1294418153715_913710_n-jpg19264_1294418193716_6255928_n-jpg19264_1294418433722_830223_n-jpg
  11. Jun 27, 2015, 12:11 PM - Re: Odd Boba #10

Nicely done!
  12. Jun 28, 2015, 2:53 AM - Re: Odd Boba #11

After another look at Vader, I have decided that his hands are meant to be on his hips, instead of that crazy "Bart strangle pose"
  13. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    Jun 28, 2015, 9:34 AM - Re: Odd Boba #12

Interesting that they have the Empire banner behind Vader and the Rebel banner behind Fett.
    Jul 1, 2015, 8:49 PM - Re: Odd Boba #13

Mullreel,
    Sounds alot like the Boba Fett I took a picture with during the Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon earlier this year.

At the time, I thought he was one bad mofo and waited 15mins to get my picture taken with him. Then I joined TDH a few month later, got educated, looked back at the picture and thought dang Disney needs to get it together. Interesting enough, a rumor I heard from a NoCal 501st Member was that Disney was going to start hiring 501st members for certain Star Wars events because of their screen accuracy. Not sure how true this rumor is. But it would make since to represent Star Wars characters in the best possible way.
    Last edited by TAguirre; Jul 2, 2015 at 12:05 AM.
    Jul 1, 2015, 8:54 PM - Re: Odd Boba #14

Quote TheZeroEffect said: View Post
    I think Vader was getting ready to do a 2 handed force choke!
    Jul 1, 2015, 9:13 PM - Re: Odd Boba #15

It is very likely that 501st members will be hired for official events. Not too long ago Disney came down with a new set of rules and regulations with regards to official 501st appearances. Cast calls are when members will actually be temp Disney employees and be paid for their time. Those members will need to match almost exactly what appeared on screen to be cast in those type of events though, so 6'4" boba fetts like me won't get those gigs
    Jul 1, 2015, 9:18 PM - Re: Odd Boba #16

Yeah I know what you mean. Before TDH I was a Star Wars fan but did not know or appreciate the true details.

I know of many 501st and non 501st Boba Fetts that are spot on. I have my Jango close to where I want it, I hope my Boba ends up screen quality.
    Jul 1, 2015, 9:40 PM - Re: Odd Boba #17

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    It is very likely that 501st members will be hired for official events. Not too long ago Disney came down with a new set of rules and regulations with regards to official 501st appearances. Cast calls are when members will actually be temp Disney employees and be paid for their time. Those members will need to match almost exactly what appeared on screen to be cast in those type of events though, so 6'4" boba fetts like me won't get those gigs
    5'7 Fetts wont get those gigs either...
  19. Jul 1, 2015, 10:47 PM - Re: Odd Boba #18

Quote TAguirre said: View Post
    Mullreel,
    Sounds alot like the Boba Fett at took a picture with during the Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon earlier this year.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28..._1006_0033.jpg

At the time, I thought he was one bad mofo and waited 15mins to get my picture taken with him. Then I joined TDH a few month later, got educated, looked back at the picture and thought dang Disney needs to get it together. Interesting enough, a rumor I heard from a NoCal 501st Member was that Disney was going to start hiring 501st members for certain Star Wars events because of their screen accuracy. Not sure how true this rumor is. But it would make since to represent Star Wars characters in the best possible way.
    That's funny. I felt exactly the same when I snapped the pics at LucasFilm. I mean there was Boba. Boba!! Life size!! In the front lobby of LucasFilm!! I was beside myself at the epicness of it all!

Then I find TDH and my world and mind are blown apart! I look at the paint up threads and the attention to detail in the molds and I look back at that flimsy excuse of a representation of the single most badass bounty hunter ever and I....well I just don't get it. What were they thinking?? It was LucasFilm!!! Geek Meca!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote TheZeroEffect said: View Post
    "I swear Master, the fish was this big!"