Subscribe
    Apr 30, 2008, 3:08 PM - northhampton UK #1

So, I want to go to a Torchwood convention in October:

http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/thehub/

Anyone here in/around Northhampton? If so, will I be able to find cheap places to stay? I see that there's a bus from Heathrow to Northhampton, but there's not much about accommodations yet.
  2. Member Since
    May 2003
    Apr 30, 2008, 3:14 PM - Re: northhampton UK #2

Cool that youre coming over to the UK, there are loads of fairly inexpensive travelodges dotted round that you can stay in no problem, if I lived closer to Northampton, I could put you up but it s a fair trek from me, although Im sure they are other UK members who might be able to hook you up

While you were in the UK you could also go to the Dr Who museum, I beleive its in Cardiff
    Apr 30, 2008, 4:21 PM - Re: northhampton UK #3

Quote Chewcy said: View Post
    Cool that youre coming over to the UK, there are loads of fairly inexpensive travelodges dotted round that you can stay in no problem, if I lived closer to Northampton, I could put you up but it s a fair trek from me, although Im sure they are other UK members who might be able to hook you up

While you were in the UK you could also go to the Dr Who museum, I beleive its in Cardiff
    That's my thought... Head over a day or two early and take a bus/train over there.

Of course, I can be the crazy person in the Captain Jack Harkness costume standing at the "elevator" to the Hub

At least it's a costume that won't be hard to travel with, and I'll have a nice wool coat to wear!
    May 1, 2008, 9:52 AM - Re: northhampton UK #4

Torchwood you say, Hey I might go to that, be great to meet you Brian
    May 14, 2008, 6:29 AM - Re: northhampton UK #5

I live in Northampton. I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I'll see what I can find out about hotels in the area.
    Feel free to PM me if there is anything specific you want to know.
    May 14, 2008, 7:20 AM - Re: northhampton UK #6

You might like to try this site touristinformationcentres.com. I've been to the UK a few times now and found the tourist information centres, or tic, very handy. You can book absolutly everything in these centers and they are everywhere, just look for the i or tic.
    May 14, 2008, 11:00 AM - Re: northhampton UK #7

Quote Dexx said: View Post
    I live in Northampton. I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I'll see what I can find out about hotels in the area.
    Feel free to PM me if there is anything specific you want to know.
    awesome!

i'm not sure that we'll actually make it, since airfare is TERRIBLE right now. $850USD per person just for the flight. it was around $600 last time i made the trip.
    May 14, 2008, 2:36 PM - Re: northhampton UK #8

Well if you do and need any info shoot me a pm and i'll ring round for some hotel prices. Or if you need to know anything else about the aria let me know and i'll see what I can do.