Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Feb 2, 2009, 7:41 PM - Re: Nominated for Legion Commanding Officer #26

Quote Lufo1138 said: View Post
    By the time he was 21, Alexander the Great had become King of Macedonia and was just beginning his campaign that would lead to conquering the known world.

Just a thought.
    In that case, its a very simple answer.

I don't think I'd vote for you. Just kidding of corse.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Feb 2, 2009, 11:42 PM - Re: Nominated for Legion Commanding Officer #27

Andy,

Congrats on the nomination. But as a Garrison CO, I can tell you that having a leadership position in the 501st is nearly the equivalent of having another job. It can be a fun position, but it come with a lot of work. Also, I've shared the story with you about how it is impossible to please everybody. And this is just a Garrison CO ... the LCO position must be many times this.

Honestly dude, I think it would be a better idea to experience being a Garrison CO first before becoming the LCO. Just so you have an idea of what it is like.
    Feb 3, 2009, 12:47 AM - Re: Nominated for Legion Commanding Officer #28

I was browsing through our garrison nominations today, & noticed that I got nominated as well for our garrison CO. I did a year as GML, and it about drove me nuts!!! Had I the free time, I think I could do it, but unfortunately, I have a pretty stressful job, and I'm afraid that a CO position (were i to win,) would only make my life way more complicated than I could handle. I'm sure that CO is way more stressfull than GML!!! I'm afraid I'm gonna have to decline as well.

Kudos to you guys who do it though!!!!! It takes a special kinda person to keep everything running!!!! Cheers guys!!!
    D
    Feb 5, 2009, 3:16 PM - Re: Nominated for Legion Commanding Officer #29

I know I'm extremely late to this conversation but take it from me... someone who ran for (and came 2nd in) the LCO voting last year.... it'll eat you alive.

No offense to you Andy, but unless you have a few years of Legion Council experience under your belt, I couldn't in good faith endorse you (or anyone like that).

I've been a Garrison CO for over 2 years now, a Garrison XO, GML, GWL, Legion Membership Liaison and at one time the Legion Webmaster. Trust me as someone who knows...

it aint easy.

I gave a lot of thought (months actually) to running again this year. I almost did until my suspicsions were proven true about Albin. If there's one person in the Legion I have faith in to do the job right, it's that man. He has my endorsement 100%.
    Feb 5, 2009, 5:10 PM - Re: Nominated for Legion Commanding Officer #30

Quote webchief said: View Post
    ...I almost did until my suspicsions were proven true about Albin. If there's one person in the Legion I have faith in to do the job right, it's that man. He has my endorsement 100%.
    Yeap. I need to learn more about his XO, Albin speaks highly of him.
    Feb 5, 2009, 7:45 PM - Re: Nominated for Legion Commanding Officer #31

Very cool Andy

You should be proud for the nomination