So I have a C3 surefire flashlight which I absolutely LOVE! I am not sure exactly what happened to it, but the batteries overheated and caught on fire!!! Burned up the whole inside, including the bezel. This is almost a $200 flashlight so I was pretty upset! So I call up Surefire and tell them what happened. They asked what kind of batteries I used... I didn't know.. they were completely trashed, but I am sure they were some off-brand. The customer support agent told me that using offbrands often resulted in this happening and voided the warranty... Ugh! So then he asks what is damaged and I tell him... and he gets my address and ships out the new parts... no questions asked... No charge to me!
This is the kind of customer service that keeps people coming back for years to come! Can't ask for anything more than that!!!