Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 30, 2011, 9:31 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #151

Quote Fettistics said: View Post
    I'll be watching you O.o

Goshdarnit, already man.
  2. Dec 1, 2011, 12:07 AM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #152

I took care of it before I went to bed that night . We at TDH just ask that our members watch their language since we try and maintian it as a family friendly site.
    Dec 1, 2011, 3:02 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #153

Quote TxFett said: View Post
    I took care of it before I went to bed that night . We at TDH just ask that our members watch their language since we try and maintian it as a family friendly site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1320199974629.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	373.7 KB 
ID:	57414

And I'll try. I've got a bad mouth. Or a good mouth, depending on how you look at it.
    Dec 1, 2011, 3:20 PM - #154

Its understandable I have the worse mouth in this community I just monitor myself before I post.
    Dec 1, 2011, 4:18 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #155

Quote Fettistics said: View Post
    Its understandable I have the worse mouth in this community I just monitor myself before I post.

Glad I'm not the only one. I'm just so happy sometimes, ever since I found these forums.... man. I didn't even know, haha. A community for a mutual love of our favorite Bounty Hunter.... aaaah <3
    Dec 3, 2011, 1:16 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #156

Hey guys and girls don't be put off by prices , i'm new to this and have found who's on here to be helpfull . Try have a go making items to keep your costs down and just be patient , this is a great hobbie and you may find skills you thought you never had . At the end of the day as long as you feel great in what you've built thats the main thing isn't it ?
  7. Jan 5, 2012, 8:56 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #157

Any ideas where to start looking for the Pre-Pro Version 2 flamethrower parts?
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Jan 15, 2012, 1:32 AM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #158

Excellent thread and some really good info in it, i've just put in my order for a lot of Fett gear, it's not about the cost for me but years of wanting to wear that awesome armour, so a bit of hardwork and the will has paid off, can't wait to be one of the few who owns a truly amazing costume
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Jan 27, 2012, 3:36 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #159

I'm new to the Boba costuming scene so I didn't realize how much stuff went into Boba's costume. I made a spreadsheet to help me keep track of everything that I need and the costs associated with the parts to help me keep on track. Here's what the spreadsheet looks like:

I put in conditional formatting so I can easily see what is complete and what I still need. This might seem a little too structured for some people but I find it useful so I figured I'd share with the rest of you. If you want the file just PM me and I'll send it to you. If I get enough interest I'll host it and people can download it at will.
    Feb 8, 2012, 1:55 AM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #160

Just wanted to say all the reference material on here is so valuable, thanks for all the information. I am new to building costumes. I am currently working on a Snowtrooper and quietly picking up ESB Fett stuff (getting ready for ESB in 3D). The idea of keeping a list of list for this project is a great one. I just started a file on both projects.
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Mar 20, 2012, 1:06 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #161

Really useful post. Cheers pred
    Apr 17, 2012, 12:42 AM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #162

As a new member this thread helped me tremendously. Will definitely help when I start to make a checklist of things I need. For now i'll start out with the helmet! Then naturally I'll want to build the rest!
  13. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Apr 23, 2012, 6:57 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #163

Hello, everyone.

I'm a long time lurker but finally joined this morning. I recently completed my first costume for the 501st, and I'm nearly finished with my first Rebel Legion impression. Closing in on the second 501st impression, but awaiting delivery of some pieces.

At any rate, this year my "big" armor project will be to begin, and hopefully finish, an ROTJ Fett. The list here is quite helpful, but fortunately the prices aren't entirely surprising. I started out in historical reenacting, and by the standards of that hobby, this stuff is positively budget priced.

Look forward to learning more and acquiring my costume this year.

-M.
    Jun 28, 2012, 3:08 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #164

Haha I wish I saw this post earlier before i started my obsession with BobaFett. But once completed it will be priceless!
  15. Aug 26, 2012, 4:05 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #165

Speaking of glue, I'm trying to find what works best with PVC, something that can take the stress. got any pointers or a direction for me to look?
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Oct 18, 2012, 10:07 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #166

Great thread. I have a Boushh costume (not cheap either, **** these bounty hunters) so now the husband wants to be Boba Fett. I help him navigate the boards, so this looks like a good starting place
    Nov 2, 2012, 10:30 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #167

Hey im new to this... sideshow has come out with the lifesize boba... do you guys think it will be a nice prop or do you think i should make my own?
    Nov 2, 2012, 10:38 PM - New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #168

Quote JesseFett said: View Post
    Hey im new to this... sideshow has come out with the lifesize boba... do you guys think it will be a nice prop or do you think i should make my own?
    Make your own. It will likely cost you less, be wearable, and will likely look better painted than something that will be mass produced.
    Apr 1, 2013, 3:52 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #169

I love this thread. I'm always amazed at people who get into costuming and are shocked by the price. I started with Michael Myers, and even that was a $900-1000 costume to do it right. I've always wanted to do a Fett, and having now started to take the plunge... I will be trying my best to keep it slow and steady. Not only to save costs, but also to keep my Wife from murdering me in my sleep.
  20. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Apr 27, 2013, 5:02 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #170

Just watch. With a little time, I'm going to prove this topic wrong.
    Apr 28, 2013, 2:34 AM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #171

Quote MandoMaker said: View Post
    There's no "proving wrong" to be done. Is it possible to make a great Fett in half the cost of this thread? Sure is. Is it easy? Nope. Most people, including myself, aren't going to try to scratch build jet packs or gauntlets when resin casted versions are easily available.
    Apr 28, 2013, 9:47 AM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #172

Quote MandoMaker said: View Post
    It all depends on what your goal is.

Plenty of guys start out building on a budget. But usually after you think you're done you find out new details of the costume or you want to upgrade here and there. Next thing you know you'll be hunting down found parts and metal replicas... finding yourself a few $ poorer. Lol!

Either way... enjoy yourself and have fun with the project!
    Apr 28, 2013, 12:03 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #173

Exactly. You can of course buy parts for cheaper at times. I've been going for the same thing and using my dollar very carefully, yet I have spent so far over 1200 dollars. By my calculations I still have about $600-800 more to spend unless I get lucky. It's not easy. And I am doing much of the painting myself!

But best of luck man! Just have fun and it will work out in the end regardless.
    May 12, 2013, 2:38 AM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #174

Keep watching the Cargo Hold, the main 501st Legion board, and your local Garrison boards for parts. People are always dumping parts here and there, and you can save a good amount of money doing it that way!!! I have a good quality ROTJ Boba Fett with pretty high end parts I built many years ago and also have gotten 3 used costumes off other 501sters: A Snowtrooper, A Tusken Raider, A Stormtrooper (missing a helmet, so I bought a helmet kit and built the helmet). Besides the Boba, those other 3 costumes basically came ready to wear so I didn't even have to build them! I have one Aker MR1506 voice amp I share between suits, and one Hyperfirm E-11 I use with both the TK and the TS. I'm living proof from all those guys with their $4,000 Boba Fett costumes.......

-ROTJ Boba Fett
    -Snowtrooper
    -Tusken Raider w/real Totokia from Fiji with Fort Tusken metal mace end.
    -Stormtrooper w/ Hyperfirm E-11 and Aker voice amp.

....... all 4 COMBINED cost me $4,000. Translation: Keep your eyes open for deals. They are out there if you hit them at the right time.

Since this is the Boba Fett board, and people like seeing the breakdown of components, here's my current version of my ROTJ Boba:

Helmet: Fiberglass MS3. Bobamaker rangefinder with lights and Hyperdyne moving rangefinder controller. (Purchased used. Every other part of my costume I painted myself). Just got that this week!

Armor: Fettpride, with Ruffkintoy metal right gauntlet darts and psberetta metal knee darts.
    Chest Lights: Fettronics
    Shin Tools: Bradley Fett
    Jetpack: Bradley Fett with DeanO metal light-up beacon.
    Jumpsuit/Vest/Spats: JK2 (company doesn't exist any more)
    Neck Seal: TK409
    Gloves: Slave 1
    Boots: Mark Cheng
    Cape: TK409
    Braids: Julie (her horsehair Magic of Myth set)
    Ammo belt: Sith Camaro (leather) with JK2 saddlebags.
    Girth belt: Bought at local tack shop. Cut down and colored, myself.
    Blaster: I built using a combination of parts acquired from Fett dad and Ruffkintoy.
    Voice amp: Aker MR1506 with upgraded slim headset mic.
  25. Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Jul 29, 2013, 8:34 PM - Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend! #175

This is a great thread just to use as a check list for us newbies just to know what goes into the entire outfit