Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend!

From
    The miserable mill

Re: New to TDH? Read this about how much you will spend!

There are occasionally Shin tool sets and toe spikes for $25-30 on ebay if the original list can be updated.

From
    M/V Wahoo somewhere in the GOM

you know thinking about it....i should have started with a TK...or just do a custom mando.....a movie fett is a headache and a half, but the headache will never be over until i have a life size boba fett action figure in my house! never give up, and enjoy your ramen noodles!

im very new here as well. and am also very glad this was posted. i am scratch building everything that i can fore my first fett, mostly cuz im stubborn. i have all my armor plates cut and formed out of 1/8 sintra, jumpsuit bought online from american workwear needs some pockets added, neck seal, all the paterns i will need, allt the stickers made, girthbelt bought from horse.com on clearance for 6 bucks, all the sintra needed for my gaunts, batting helmet for my bucket, cape, hoses, fabric for vest, velcro, and bondo. (seemed like i was farther befor i wrote this.........) any way the cost i have in so far is about 75 bucks mind you i found a lot of deals and i have put about 9 hours in work but one thing that has not been mentioned on here yet is the time spent researching and finding parts. i have spent probly 3 times the hours on research than i have on actually working on the costume. this an expensive hobby but it is even more time consumeing! but it is very very worth it. i have learned alot of new skills over the years and all were do to very nerdy projects. and once i have a fett under my belt i will be contributeing alot more to this group. on another note..... i just met a guy the other day that paid $1500.00 for a storm trooper suit that looked like he bout it at a Halloween store. i think i could have ripped the helmet with my fingers if i tried.

From
    Badlands Garison Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Got a complete ESB Boba Fett for $400 CND

on a PCV mannequin
    just missing the helmet
    need your help (Shackman)

thx
    Robert
    TK6716

From
    Earth

Good find, but It's more of a mix and match of Esb and Rotj.

That looks helpful thanks guys I may see about getting some stuff from you. How much do you guys think it would cost to ship full unpainted armour to New Zealand?

From
    Macon, Ga

Well, some things never change. I still need to graduate from college before I get too far into this. (Truthfully, I may need to consider changing my major...not sure if a career in law enforcement is going to leave me with much spare cash.

From
    Outer Rim, Ohio

It does sound scary, but this should be a long-term project. It is not $4000 in one shot. Its little bits here, little bit there, BIG CHUNK here, etc. Hee hee. Gotta love costuming

All i need is wookie scaps and i've will have mine finshed. I have two diver's buckel anyone want to trade.tomthemarine.

I have Dropped abot $3500.00 into my fett costume.

From
    Corpus Christi, TEXAS

redwingsgirl514 said: View Post
    Well, some things never change. I still need to graduate from college before I get too far into this. (Truthfully, I may need to consider changing my major...not sure if a career in law enforcement is going to leave me with much spare cash.

Maybe not at first, but I am a Firefighter so we make about the same (I just have a cooler job). It just takes time, and as long as you are not on a dead line you can do it. Don’t set an expectation that you’ll finish by this Halloween like some people do because it will never happen. Give yourself a year or two and buy it as you can. Like as I tell people, the Fett costume community is not going any place. It will be here for years to come with better things then we had a few years ago.

From
    uk

ive already got a empty wallet and ive only just started!!!

From
    Burbank, California

Wow, this is a great starter thread. Really nice to have the information culled together all at once like this.
    I am not in any hurry, unless my kid decides he ants to be a Mandalorian for Halloween, thought this year he'll be a regular Stormtrooper, so I am fairly safe.
    I rarely see kid-sized pieces offered anyway, so it might be all homegrown when he does!

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

From
    Orange County, CA

I'm ready to spend my money!

Lets do this, haha!

From
    San Antonio, TX

Thanks for creating this list! It really has helped me get a feel for what I am in for with this hobby!

This list was a real eye opener.I had no idea what everything would cost.I was thinking of going the rubies route but now after finding this forum theres no turning back.

From
    Miami, FL

****! i pray my wife doesn't come across this thread.

duno man, it may be drastically less if someone is artistic and makes and paints their own gear.

bobakraski said: View Post
    duno man, it may be drastically less if someone is artistic and makes and paints their own gear.
    it really depends on what you are going for. if your goal is to use original found parts, you can't just make them yourself. or if you want parts that are cast from originals vs. scratch built. for example, my suit won't be "complete" until i get a real webley flare gun for my ee3. that will be a couple thousand dollars, unless i get fantastically lucky at a flea market or something. unfortunately the times when i've had the few thousand to spend and the times when one has been available have not lined up so far.

you can scratch build a helmet for a small amount of $$, but if you want something with lineage to a screen used helmet, a scratch build, no matter how good it is, just won't cut it.

i painted all of my own stuff, but even then spent a couple hundred bucks on all the paints / primer / sandpaper / etc... i needed.

you can definitely do it for less than a couple thousand and have a nice looking suit. but there are certain things that just aren't cheap, so it's a question of whether or not you want them.

From
    Lake Stevens, Washington, United States

Yay monkey, I got myself into something fun. *Irish step dances*

Started my Jango build, thank you for an estimated breakdown

From
    Tucson

Glad this up so you know what ya are getting into before you get started. My savings will not be spent in vain lol. Looks like a Fett is something that can keep ya busy for many years and end up with a great quality product. Wish me luck.

Wow! I had only started and i spent 900 euros. I need to find a secret entrance for all this items in my house so the "gatekeeper" (my wife ) not notice anything ...

Just joined TDH this morning... thanks for sharing this information. It's a great place to begin for a newbie like myself. :O)

Plan on starting with a Han in Carbonite project (referred to this site from HIC builders) and then move onto building an ESB Fett for display in my game room. I look forward to the two projects and knowledge and experience available on this site to help my project along. Look forward to contributing back to this community once I'm further along.

I was on here along time ago, and have not had computer for a long time, but now i am back on line. am glad to see it still going and strong i am a huge fett fan, my license plate is SLAVE1. Years ago i tried to start a costume, but results were sub par. i don't have a ton of money, but i want to get back into it. i want a passable costume. i am not the most concerned with true movie prop replication.