Subscribe
    Jun 15, 2010, 12:47 AM - new star wars the old republic trailer #1

i thought the cinematics on the deception trailer was awesome, this one is even better! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-WeKy9tH0
    Jun 15, 2010, 1:03 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #2

Why oh why can't these b the guys that make the actual movies???
    Jun 15, 2010, 1:15 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #3

Man, this makes me even more sad that it will not be released for console. Thanks, Mike. lol
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 15, 2010, 1:22 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #4

Quote dsonik1 said: View Post
    Man, this makes me even more sad that it will not be released for console. Thanks, Mike. lol
    get a PC fool....Thats one reason I did. Honestly, true story
    Jun 15, 2010, 2:14 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #5

Contemplating it.... but I hate dealing with all the knuckleheaded 10 yr olds with big mouths online. It just ruins it.
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 15, 2010, 2:18 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #6

Oh Halo is great for that...I used to play that like it was my job
    Jun 15, 2010, 2:27 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #7

sonik, get a pc, i'll even help you build one if you want. then play republic side and join my guild. no loud mouth 10 year olds allowed. i'm gonna be a jedi sentinel. and anyone else that wants to join, just give me a shout. even if you're meh about playing republic side, hit me up and i will explain why playing republic is the right choice.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 15, 2010, 9:19 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #8

I want to know why....the sith side has bounty hunters
    Jun 15, 2010, 9:48 AM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #9

I can't wait for this game, going to be exciting. Yeah if anyone needs help getting their PC up to speed, there are plenty of talented people here that can help get you ready to go (including myself). Saint_Nasty, I may have to check out your guild in the Spring!
    Jun 15, 2010, 3:03 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #10

Man that looks great!
    Jun 15, 2010, 4:20 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #11

AWESOME. Can't wait. BTW, does anybody have anybody have any idea when this happened? Those troopers look like ARC troopers from clone GAR except wearing orange instead of blue. But they aren't ARC and when the GAR as we know it in the movies 1-3 was created, there weren't that many sith. Plus, the sith masks look like they come from right after the sacking of corascant. Also what planet is it on? I'm geussing Endor.
    Jun 15, 2010, 5:27 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #12

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I want to know why....the sith side has bounty hunters
    here's why i think playing light side is going to be more enjoyable for adult players. in the past, as recently as about five years ago, younger audiences wanted to emulate the hero types they saw in movies, comics, and most media; they wanted to be the guy that kicks butt and saves the day. so, also in the past, kids playing mmo's would play on the "good guy" side. but as we also know, there are a lot of video game playing kids should probably be involuntarily castrated, i present the angry german kid as evidence.

but then something happened about 10 years ago, right about the time the phantom menace came out, and it was like a switch was thrown. it started out in a few isolated incidences, but like any good internet meme it spread throughout the population and targeted a younger and younger audience. what happened was that kids stopped wanting to be the good guy, the hero was no longer attractive. the bad guy was more fun because they became just as powerful as the good guy, but had none of the restraint or accountability of the hero. being a good guy became bland, villains became cool because they can do whatever they want, whenever they want; hurt people with very little repercussions.

so i feel that by the time star wars the old republic comes out the popularity to play a sith will be overwhelmingly dominated by angry, undisciplined children just itching to be hurtful towards their fellow player; and to get away from that you'll find many of the more mature or adult players going to play on the republic side.

that line of reasoning is why i'll be playing republic at launch. if it turns out that i'm wrong, i guess i'll be going sith eventually. but if i'm right, feel free to join me in taking back the galaxy.

Quote GraphiX said: View Post
    AWESOME. Can't wait. BTW, does anybody have anybody have any idea when this happened? Those troopers look like ARC troopers from clone GAR except wearing orange instead of blue. But they aren't ARC and when the GAR as we know it in the movies 1-3 was created, there weren't that many sith. Plus, the sith masks look like they come from right after the sacking of corascant. Also what planet is it on? I'm geussing Endor.
    you really haven't heard of this game yet, it's the star wars mmorpg from bioware? it's set about 200-300 years after the events of the knights of the old republic games, or about 3500 years before a new hope. also that battle is set on alderaan, i thought it said that at the beginning of the vid.
  13. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 15, 2010, 5:59 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #13

Im hoping that those kids will just stay playing WOW
    Jun 15, 2010, 8:23 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #14

Saint_Nasty, Of COURSE I heard about it. I saw the first "comercial" right after it had been released (like really right after). I was just reiterating my thoughts. And, I havn't seen the second "comercial" yet. Also, I knew aproximatly when it took place but was wondering what battle it was and where it is on a detailed timeline of events.

Whoops..... Missed the alderaan part. I think I might have actually skipped the beginning.
    Jun 15, 2010, 9:03 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #15

Quote GraphiX said: View Post
    Saint_Nasty, Of COURSE I heard about it. I saw the first "comercial" right after it had been released (like really right after). I was just reiterating my thoughts. And, I havn't seen the second "comercial" yet. Also, I knew aproximatly when it took place but was wondering what battle it was and where it is on a detailed timeline of events.

Whoops..... Missed the alderaan part. I think I might have actually skipped the beginning.
    i didn't mean to sound like a jerk, so i apologize if it came off that way. i guess i misinterpreted your initial post. but anyway, if you go to the bioware page, there's a little blurb you can read that puts the events of the video into context of the game's timeline.
    Last edited by saint_nasty; Jun 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM.
  16. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jun 15, 2010, 9:08 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #16

So thinking about it more a trooper wouldnt be so bad they looked to be about the same as a BH...maybe go rouge lol
    Jun 15, 2010, 9:12 PM - Re: new star wars the old republic trailer #17

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Im hoping that those kids will just stay playing WOW
    of course they're not going to stay on WoW, SW:TOR is all shiny and new (not to mention it is the first game that has come out since WoW's release that actually has a chance of putting a dent in blizzard). they're going to be on that like stink on a monkey's back side.