Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The new Spidey? Horrible!

Re: The new Spidey? Horrible!

Muad'Dib said: View Post
    Your balcony experience sounds like the part of the Universal ride when he lands on the front of the car you're in.
    isn't that one fake? like a CG thing or something? i've only been on it once and don't remember it well.

this was an actual guy swinging on a "web" (aka wire w/ harness) which is what made it so great

too bad the show is so weak otherwise

From
    Cookeville, TN

Yeah, it was a CG Spidey but I was just talking about the idea, not the real-world logistics of it.

Coincidentally, once while I was in line for it in the newspaper office part of the que, we were stopped in line near one of the exit doors next to a bookcase when the door swung open and the street performer in the Spidey suit ran in, jumped up on top of the bookshelf, said hi to everyone and told us not to tell J.J. he was there. Then he hopped down and left out the same fire exit. Now that was pretty cool!

From
    the Netherlands

I really want to see this movie, but this suit doesn´t let me feel the real spiderman feeling.
    I know that I am 17 years old and didn´t see every spiderman suit, but it is true that I am a huge fan of spiderman.

but after all the things I did hear about this movie, I must say that I am really looking forward to it.
    I really want to know what the storyline is.

greetings
    Marielle

I'm completely fine with the suit and thinks it happens to look great. Looks like Spider-Man to me

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

If you never saw the original suit would this suit bother anyone? Its not like its frilly and girlie. I think it'll work I hear Doc Conners (the Lizard) Plays a role and the gwen stacey story as well not sure what else thuogh

From
    Cookeville, TN

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    If you never saw the original suit would this suit bother anyone? Its not like its frilly and girlie.
    Your argument, sucks it does.

All scrunched up, at a glance and without close inspection sure, it looks pretty cool in that picture BUT, It's till not right. Funny how they chose to hide most of the discrepancy areas in the pose choice. I love that the webs are less pronounced than Raimi's but there is no reason for the extra black piping across the blue areas and the "mechanix" gloves and stripes down the legs are stupid and pointless. Pee stain is a blatant attempt to draw attention there.

I say its about a 40% improvement over the previous suit only due to fact it's less bulky and not so sculpted but it fails horribly at all other aspects. Nice baggy boots, by the way. Are those Rubies?

not even boots, just sewn of footies that look like boots imo. To me the only improvement they made was him actually using web slingers instead of it just being shot from his wrists. As far as storyline, as long as we don't have to suffer through another stupid green goblin, I'll be relieved.

From
    Mississauga, ON

^^^ Agreed. I always hated that whole "organic web" thing from the previous flicks. I hope there's some scenes in the new one where he's tinkering with his web slingers.

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is a great choice. Even though I'm not a fan of the pee-stain suit, I'll probably go see this one. It might be good.

This all reminds me of Mandalorian fans raging against the Clone Wars overriding the KT books.

The way I look at this stuff is to just take it as it comes, and look at each thing on its own.

Compared to the classic suit, yeah, this is all sorts of different. But, if I don't compare to the classic, I think it looks cool in that shot. I'm sure it will be OK when I'm watching the movie.

From
    Cookeville, TN

Only super-hero besides Superman that ALWAYS returns to his classic, unaltered design. All I'm sayin'.