The new Spidey? Horrible!

From
    United States

Re: The new Spidey? Horrible!

Iz teh GHEY.

From
    Pennsylvania

You guys are killing me... What's the big deal... It's not like there has only been one incarnation of Spider-man. There are many Spideys, why not one more?

Last edited by Devilstar2k2; Feb 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

lets not forget that this is what spiderman is supposed to look like.

as much as i don't like spawn, and i think he's a tool, todd mcfarlane got spidey right!

don't the comics jump all over the timeline?

to keep on the boba comparison. it's less about not faithfully recreating an existing suit. for me, it's more like if they decide to put the fully armored boba in clone wars. he'll absolutely look different than he did in the movies. but it won't be wrong, it will just be different.

the design isn't the classic spidey, just like rex wasn't a classic phase1 clone. i don't care if he looks different as long as he looks good.

we can't all be as awesome as my first spider-suit!

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

that suit is pretty rad, stg!

From
    London, Hertfordshire

Im not such a big fan of the new suit either, to me it looks like a cross between the classic style one and a bit of that 2099 one. And since when has spidermam worn running shoes?
    But what you got to think of is that this film is focusing more on Peter Parkers high school stage, and this costume very very closely resembles his first attempt at his suit which he wore in the wrestling match from one of the many comics:

So what im thinking is that this is the suit you will see mainly in the entire film, but at the end we may get a glimpse at the old spidey suit everyone loves. Another good thing with this film is that they appear to not be killing it with CGI, theres a few photo's of spiderman actually swinging through the streets and a video featuring a cool car scene.

YouTube - Exclusive! SpiderMan 4 shooting in Downtown Los Angeles

From
    Pennsylvania

Nice pics, it does look like that's the case... I saw a separate pic when I was looking for the Reilly pic, the boot trim is there to match the web shooters from what I can see. They kind of stand out, so maybe they just wanted some balance there?

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

LA ***! Now Im kinda pissed that better be a NYC set in LA

From
    London, Hertfordshire

Lol I think I did read that it is set in NY. So dont worry F4R
    The actual shoes are off the shelf shoes with a few mods, the white ones btw. Found by a member on the RPF

Amazon.com: ASICS Men's GEL-Dirt Dog 3 Track & Field Shoe: Shoes

there's a big thread on the RPF all about this new suit. I kinda like the web shooter, and the scenes where he's running through the streets makes me think that he uses the ol' web cartridges and he ran out of them.
    And the coolest thing about this movie......they got Rhys Ifans playing the Lizzard He wouldnt be my first choice but he used to live pretty close to me so I like him lol

From
    Clovis,Ca

clonecollector said: View Post
    It almost reminds me of the 1970's TV series Spiderman... especially the bulbous eyes...

I think they just wanted a reboot so they could continue the franchise without paying for Toby Maguire's salary... time will tell if its going to be good... hopefully it will be.
    I was thinking the same thing.....kind of like the Electric Co. Spidey.................

No I'm sorry those photos from the comic are from the New style comics, meaning they made that look in the comics to fit what they had in the movie. Like Wolverine wearing the X leather coat right after it was seen in X-Men, like how after Spider-Man 1 came out, and the webs were organic and not webslinging gadgets, they immediately followed suit in the books. In other words that comic was made to justify that horrible piece of **** costume he's wearing in those shots. I have a feeling this is going the way of Superman Returns.

From
    New Orleans, Louisiana, United States, 106566059380422, New Orleans, Louisiana

Thats what Spidey fought the wrestler in

thank you!!! and now that the "pee stain" has been pointed out, I just can't NOT see it. lol.

From
    London, Hertfordshire

I know that its a movie created comic to go along with the movie, just like they did with the old films. All im saying is that the suit you see him wearing is the suit he appears to be wrestling in in the comic, so im bloody hoping this isnt the final suit.
    I used to be a big spiderman fan, and im a purist to the old red and blue style, why they find the need to alter such an iconic character so much is beyond me. To be fair though production photos rarely look like the finished article, so im hoping that with light effects etc it looks a little better but still.......blue fingers ***

From
    Riverside

They should just go back to the one used on "The Electric Company". Is my age showing...

From
    Clarendon, AR

"Taaake me to yooour leeeader..."

From
    Mt.Vision,NY U.S.A

"I gotta bad feeling about this"

From
    Northeast U.S.A

stormtrooperguy said: View Post

I used to have Spiderman pajama with feet when I was a kid... then I got the Spiderman ski mask.... I felt like I had the real suit... I wore it so much my mother made new soles out of vinyl and replaced the old ones.

Is that what you've got there?

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Kord said: View Post
    They should just go back to the one used on "The Electric Company". Is my age showing...
    ... I hated that he never spoke!

From
    Cookeville, TN

But didn't they always say:
    "Tune in tomorrow when Spider-Man says: " Berrrrent... BWEEEWEEEEEEORRRRWWWW!"

If you understood that refference and read it with the right phonetics, then you're a person with my sense of humor!

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    don't the comics jump all over the timeline?

to keep on the boba comparison. it's less about not faithfully recreating an existing suit. for me, it's more like if they decide to put the fully armored boba in clone wars. he'll absolutely look different than he did in the movies. but it won't be wrong, it will just be different.

the design isn't the classic spidey, just like rex wasn't a classic phase1 clone. i don't care if he looks different as long as he looks good.

I'd actually take this suit over the one in the photos, at least you can't be called Betsy Wetsy Webslinger or Pee Stain Pete

From
    Jupiter, FL

Marvel's going to ruin this franchise, just like the 90's Batman. Suit is pretty lame. Poor decision's all around. A shame too, b/c I'm a huge Spidey-fan. Why don't they relaunch the Electric Co.'s Spider-man?

From
    Cookeville, TN

Because no one under 25 wants Spidey's suit to look the way it's supposed to look.

Remember Green Goblin II's uber-hip skateboard? Yeesh.

yeah, that's the spider-man footy pajamas and ski mask. i used to wear it around the house like that regularly, despite sweating to death

related to spider-talk, i went to NYC see "turn off the dark", the spider-man musical on broadway yesterday for my 35th birthday. they kept the suit faithful to the classic there.

i actually had one of my best nerd moments ever at that show.

we were on the mezzanine level, and in one scene spidey swung on his webs up to our level, perched on the edge of the balcony, waved, then swung back down. best. thing. ever. seeing that live!! the show pretty well rotted other than visuals, but the visuals were phenomenal.

From
    Cookeville, TN

Your balcony experience sounds like the part of the Universal ride when he lands on the front of the car you're in.