Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 7, 2011, 9:06 PM - The new Spidey? Horrible! #1

This is already a huge fail because the suit looks like ****.

Photos from Untitled Spider-Man Reboot
    Feb 7, 2011, 9:08 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #2

At least it will have web shooters. Too soon for a reboot
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 7, 2011, 9:21 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #3

Maybe his Wrestler/prototype costume? I would hope
    Feb 7, 2011, 9:36 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #4

The ONLY saving grace is that they did away with the sculpted webs on it.
    I mean c'mon Raimi, how the heck were we supposed to swallow that he could sculpt, mold, cast, digitally print, and sew a costume in 2 days yet he couldn't afford a $2,000 car to impress MJ?

Spidey's first costume can NOT be in any way, shape, or form a deviation from the first comic one and that's the end of that story.
    Feb 7, 2011, 9:37 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #5

Quote Kord said: View Post
    At least it will have web shooters. Too soon for a reboot
    Worked wonders for the Hulk.
    Don't EVEN try to defend Ang's ****-fest!
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 7, 2011, 9:50 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #6

Its for sure his thrown together wrestler/proto...Ill link u from FB the sites NWS
  7. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 7, 2011, 9:53 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #7

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey BTW!
    Feb 7, 2011, 10:16 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #8

I appreciate the effort on tryin to make a new suit design, but looks like ****
    Feb 7, 2011, 10:40 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #9

So.... the MAJOR problem with the Raimi suit is compounded even MORE in this new flick by the fact that even his slapped-together wrestling suit is a master feat of engineering?

You can't explain this nonsense away. You can't just do stuff to "make it look cool, man". It HAS to be reasonable.
  10. Feb 7, 2011, 11:31 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #10

Theres a multitude of photos of the costume on set and it look horrendous.
    Feb 7, 2011, 11:34 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #11

The new Hulk was amazing, the Ang Hulk was horrible. I like Raimi and although Spiderman 3 was lacking I still think 1 and 2 were great. Emma Stone makes this one worth seeing though
    Feb 8, 2011, 5:46 AM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #12

Spidey is supposed to be a little thin but more like wirey, lean muscle-- this guy (even if it's just the stuntman) looks all of 120 lbs.
    Feb 8, 2011, 5:52 AM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #13

You guys are all out of your minds... That suit is awesome. This movie is gonna own, and put the others to shame. If you wanna bag on something, it should be Green Lantern. The CGI looks really bad in the trailer.

I'll be here to serve (or maybe eat) some humble pie later.
  14. Feb 8, 2011, 7:51 AM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #14

I will say that it's cool that there is actually real life web swinging in this movie.

Feb 8, 2011, 7:54 AM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #15

I'm not digging the suit either.

Sean
    Feb 8, 2011, 10:43 AM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #16

It almost reminds me of the 1970's TV series Spiderman... especially the bulbous eyes...

I think they just wanted a reboot so they could continue the franchise without paying for Toby Maguire's salary... time will tell if its going to be good... hopefully it will be.
    Feb 8, 2011, 11:35 AM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #17

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait for the reboot of the Thor series in 2020! We all know that Thor 4 is going to be horrible!

Let's be perfectly honest, movie franchises with this type of funding have no excuse to get so ridiculous that they need a "reboot".
    Feb 8, 2011, 2:45 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #18

lol... I didn't realize the crotch on the suit was so dark. Did he wet his pants? I also didn't see the leg trim or silver shoe accents. Not sure how I feel about it now. I'll have to see it on film to decide.
  19. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 8, 2011, 3:11 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #19

I really think the CGI is gonna make this costume sing...Take it for what its worth guys its a movie go in open minded and dont expect to much and you wont be disapointed at this point I hated the first 3 Toby wasnt a very good spidey, I hope this guys better.
    Feb 8, 2011, 3:47 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #20

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I really think the CGI is gonna make this costume sing...Take it for what its worth guys its a movie go in open minded and dont expect to much and you wont be disapointed at this point I hated the first 3 Toby wasnt a very good spidey, I hope this guys better.
    So much of what you say here makes me laugh. You are one of the biggest critics I (sort of) know.

What's the difference between me picking apart this junk suit or you someones Fett suit detail? Could it be because if someone gets the details wrong, it doesn't look like how Fett's suit is supposed to look? Same thing I'm doing on here--this is NOT Spidey's suit.
    SO much is wrong here: Finger-gloves, swirly stripe down the arm, track shoes, clear lenses, no belt stripe, and stripes down the legs.

And you want the harsh truth? The 70's show suit is actually how the comic suit would look if it was real but I know it wouldn't fly in a movie today.
    Feb 8, 2011, 4:00 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #21

The arms are supposed to make a line with the legs... I think... I don't know, I still kinda like it besides the dark spot on the front. Its probably like that for lighting's sake. Kinda reminds me of the Reilly suit, which I also like.
    Feb 8, 2011, 4:02 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #22

doesn't look very impressive there, but i'll hold judgement until i see it in proper cinematic lighting. that can make a huge difference.

side note: i'm going to see spider-man the musical on friday. i'm in the fly zone, so wish me luck! hopefully no cast members fall on me!!
  23. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 8, 2011, 4:07 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #23

Quote Muad'Dib said: View Post
    So much of what you say here makes me laugh. You are one of the biggest critics I (sort of) know.

What's the difference between me picking apart this junk suit or you someones Fett suit detail? Could it be because if someone gets the details wrong, it doesn't look like how Fett's suit is supposed to look? Same thing I'm doing on here--this is NOT Spidey's suit.
    SO much is wrong here: Finger-gloves, swirly stripe down the arm, track shoes, clear lenses, no belt stripe, and stripes down the legs.

And you want the harsh truth? The 70's show suit is actually how the comic suit would look if it was real but I know it wouldn't fly in a movie today.
    You know for purist sake yes, but for a 21st century spidey it's ok, there isnt the same styling as the 70s there are more things to influence the design. If they were doing it set in the 70s yeh I could for sure say that ***** isnt right. But its set in present day, where we have kevlar, carbon fiber, Oakleys ect...I wont pick apart the costume which I could but whats it gonna help? Im sure that some young guys already addressed it and got shot down. So let see where it goes, look what TCW did to the mandos it could be worse.
    Feb 8, 2011, 4:11 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #24

Yeah because the lighting will change the design.
    Feb 8, 2011, 4:18 PM - Re: The new Spidey? Horrible! #25

What era are the comics set in? -- Didn't he just save Obama last year?