Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

New Rubies Supreme Boba Fett Costume

Re: New Rubies Supreme Boba Fett Costume

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    To be honest, there are worse in the 501st.
    I have to agree with that. And if the suit cost $200-300 it would be more reasonable.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Interested in what seeing the Jet Pack will look like.

From
    Chicago, IL

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    Interested in what seeing the Jet Pack will look like.
    It looks pretty good in this picture.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

The Jet Pack is inflatable, like the beach ones

I'm joking, I don't know really.

From
    Walnut, CA

I don't know, for a Halloween costume it's not all that bad, it's a whole lot better than their regular Halloween costumes. The thing that has to be kept in mind is that I don't think these are really intended for the hardcore costuming crowd who've pored over picture they could find of Boba Fett and studied every piece of footage to build the most accurate Fett costume possible. These types of costumes are for the people who aren't really costumers and may have seen Fetts, Mandos, and/or Stormtroopers at cons but don't know about sites like this and groups like the 501st and see it their way of getting a costume like they see at the cons not realizing that there's better out there.

The price is a bit high but I bet it's because it's not produced or expected to sell in the same numbers as their regular costumes so they make up for it by charging more. It probably would sell a lot better at half the price, almost $1,000 is an awful lot for something that's mass produced.

From
    Chicago

It looks bad "as is" .... and for $900 ***, I bought my TE stormtrooper kit for that much, granted I probably put another $200 into it to assemble and boots, bodysuit, gun... ect, but the Fett looks "cheap" but it isn't. Like Fettpride said $199.99 is more like it.

The pack in that smaller photo, looks like a picture of an actual suit, it doesn't look like they had one of the rubies available. Besides, his boots are different in that pic, doubt the person was even wearing a pack.

From
    Norwalk, CT

I can see this as a decent investment for a costume shop that does rentals. Buy it, rent it 2-3 times at $300-400 (which they can get for the nicer rentals) and you've recouped the money. And there's no way one of these would not be rented every year, if not more than once.

But to shell out that much to own privately? Maybe we're all too well versed and snobby about our suits, but I'd think $800-900 would be a lot to pay for something of this questionable quality. On the other hand, Rubies has gotten away with it for years with the old Batman and Robin outfits, the Vader, the Stormie, and now this. They must be doing some kind of research that tells them this would "fly" -- blowup jet pack and all!

Look for them on eBay in a few months for half price, just like the Rubies TK. And wait for the "Help me make my Rubies BF suit better" threads to start popping up here around the same time....

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

Riceball said: View Post
    I don't know, for a Halloween costume it's not all that bad, it's a whole lot better than their regular Halloween costumes...
    IMHO, the problem is not to see that kind of Boba for Halloween, but is neccesary call it The Supreme Edition?

It's just a Halloween costume as it should be, not a ultrahiperhighsupreme costume design, and I'm sure it's not worth 900$...

But it's just my opinion.

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

KaanE said: View Post
    IMHO, the problem is not to see that kind of Boba for Halloween, but is neccesary call it The Supreme Edition?
    Makes you wonder what the next set is called. Super Awesome Extreme Deathbiscuit Edition!!!

I love how companies use words to hype up their products. I guess if you know absolutely nothing about Fett you can call it supreme.

From
    Mandalore,NC

i guess special edition is copyrighted lmao or its that marketing thing they're doing were they call it supreme edition so later its referred to as SE fett, tricky lil ones aint they?
    Last edited by Cod'ika; Mar 17, 2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: thought of more to add

From
    Glendale, Arizona

NovallTalon said: View Post
    Makes you wonder what the next set is called. Super Awesome Extreme Deathbiscuit Edition!!!

I love how companies use words to hype up their products. I guess if you know absolutely nothing about Fett you can call it supreme.
    Yes!!! The deathbiscut edition!!! I've been waiting for that forever!!! When is it going to be released??? ......

From
    Fishers, IN

Bets on how long it takes before someone applies for the Legion with one of these... with my luck it will be in my garrison!

Bets on how long it takes before someone applies for the Legion with one of these... with my luck it will be in my garrison!
    No, with your look they'll get in. ;-) jk.

That thing is pretty bad per our standards here at TDH, but truthfully, it would be pretty convincing for anyone who just wanted to go "Hey I want to be Boba Fett" this year and didn't know just how accurate one can get with a little (okay a lot) work.

Heck I wouldn't have known one could do any better six months ago.

Even so, it's insanely overpriced. I wouldn't have paid that. lol

From
    The Netherlands

oh noes...

I have a very bad feeling about this

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

SEEKER said: View Post
    It looks pretty good in this picture.

PP Sent!!

From
    Little Falls NY

gotta say for who is selling it, i feel its decent. but then after scrolling down and seeing that its $900 (not including shipping) idk how they can justify that. i mean the vest looks like cardboard along with the armor. the armor seems small as well. i woul buy it if it was $100 for the helmet looks decent stock and would be a great cheap alternative for the gauntlets. but still... not as bad as the labeled "screen accurate" don posts. but still pretty cool.

My oh my ... what a TINY cod piece though

FP

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

I think the flightsuit is the worst looking part of the suit. I bet the parts would look a lot better on a LSFU or skygunbro suit that is properly weathered. Not great, but better,

From
    Newtown, PA

lol looks better than SFP

I will have to say...this looks better than that generic looking Jango Fett costume that sell for $75

I've already placed an order, overnight first a.m. delivery!

BobaFettSlave_1 said: View Post
    from what ive read the boots arnt even included
    But seriously, bummer, with the lack of options available, I was actually eyeing up those boots and saying to myself, well, attach a set of machined aluminum toe spikes and some nice weathering, you might have a decent alternative, well, there goes that idea!

please put me on the interest list!! pm sent!

From
    Boston, Mass

I bet this is why Caboots is out of stock...........

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I'm kind of interested in seeing what could be salvaged from the suit. Once you trim the Rubies Stormtrooper and replace the helmet, it makes an excellent ROTJ trooper.

All may not be lost..

From
    The Netherlands

Well, we have seen worse. I think its pretty good (for Rubies), but 900 is quite a lot of money for what you get.