Subscribe
    Jan 15, 2011, 7:54 PM - New members, please read!!! From a relative newbie #1

I joined TDH in Aug 2010 when a friend introduced me to it. I had purchased a Rubie's Supreme Edition Boba Fett earlier in the year, and was TOTALLY dissatisfied with it. I am currently in the slow process of building a proper Fett. Unfortunately, due to work commitments I was relatively inactive until about October 2010. In that time, I have now had two instances where I went through sellers outside of TDH to get products for my Fett that I am slowly trying to build. Here are lins to the threads about both of these instances:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/b...olf-ltd-39905/

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/c...e-suede-39285/

Bottom line here is this: if you want something that someone will easily recognize as Boba Fett, but may not be screen accurate and may be cheap, then by all means, order outside of the Forum. But if you want quality and screen accuracy, PLEASE learn from my mistakes and stick with sellers from TDH. Just remember that the process may take time, because alot of the guys on here work from their garages, or are the sole operator of their businesses. Things do come up periodically with them that cause delays. Also remember this:

Things can be fast, things can be cheap, and things can be accurate. However, if it is fast and cheap, it probably won't be accurate. If it is fast and accurate, it probably won't be cheap. And if it is accurate and cheap, it probably won't be fast.

I hope my mistakes will help to guide other newcomers to the Fett community in a direction that will avoid pitfalls, setbacks, and financial losses.
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 15, 2011, 8:13 PM - Re: New members, please read!!! From a relative newbie #2

Couldnt have said it better and probably couldnt have since Im not very tactful
    Jan 15, 2011, 10:50 PM - Re: New members, please read!!! From a relative newbie #3

Hey stevenlramga- Man thats a bummer! Ya, I ended up on this site for a Rubies Vader mod and it was the best thing I ever did...and expensive as well as I started a jango build : ) LOL! But yes...without scrutinizing other companies tdh is is the only way to go. Hands down! Keep positive and just embrace the community here and youll be taken care of.
    B
    Jan 15, 2011, 11:01 PM - #4

Thank you for the tips. I will make a point to stay indside TDH for my purchasing needs.
    Jan 16, 2011, 5:39 AM - Re: New members, please read!!! From a relative newbie #5

I love your incorporation of the "impossible triangle"....so true, though.
    "newbies" take heed.....words of wisdom!
  6. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Jan 24, 2011, 8:24 AM - Re: New members, please read!!! From a relative newbie #6

That's a really good point! I understand the logic. I'm a brand new member myself so I think it's useful advice.