hello,my name is chris.I am a member of Bloodfin garrison,and a 501st member for 4 years. I have built sandtrooper,tusken raider,and chewbacca costumes(and have a WIP predator). I now want to take on the challenge of doing a Boba Fett.I look forward to getting to know people and more than welcome any hints,tips,etc.
    thanks for looking
    chris TD 2817

From
    London, Hertfordshire

Re: new member

Welcome to the Forum Chris.
    Its a great little community on here with a wealth of information and friendly members. Take a look in the costume/helmet sections for the sticky threads with all the info about parts, cost etc... The best thing to do with a fett costume is research. Just read through some of the threads on here and get yourself familiar with the parts of the suit. Theres various different makers of parts as well as tutorials to make your own pieces. You will be a fett head in no time

Do you have an idea on what style of Fett you want to tackle? ESB, ROTJ or the special edition?

Welsh

From
    UK

Welcome aboard Chris! basically what Welsh said...

I am looking to build a ROTJ fett.many ,many years ago I built a fett from parts online ,but they were ralley flimsy thin styrene that snapped too easy,I have a general idea of what it'll take but I'm sure there's alot more to learn,lol! My problem will be soft parts as I am not handy with a sewing machine at all.I have no problem purchasing from people,I enjoy the painting,gluing,etc of all the hard parts. I imagine I should start with the jumpsuit and go from there.

From
    London, Hertfordshire

I started with my soft parts as well, flight suit, boots, gloves etc...
    I left the helmet till last as an incentive to finish, a Fett is a long and expensive project and its easy to get side tracked.

that's my plan too.I will actually save I think the jetpack for last.I don't usually like to wait a long time,lol,I usually spend what it takes and get each outfit done in a couple months(chewbacca took a year..alot of sculpting,moulding and latchhooking)