Subscribe
  1. Jun 24, 2008, 6:39 PM - New Member #1

New member here. My name is John. I been doing my research here for a while now. I'm really impressed with everyones Fetts. I have PM'd Bobamaker about obtaining one of his buckets, so I can get started. I apologize in advance for any annoying Newbie questions I may have. I'm also a member at the R2 Builders Club, and I'm about 1/4 of the way done. I always wanted to start a Boba costume/prop first, but I started the R2D2 first for my son.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of a great community, and I hope to speak with all of you soon!!!
  2. Jun 24, 2008, 6:40 PM - Re: New Member #2

I apologize if I put this thread in the wrong section.
    Jun 24, 2008, 7:00 PM - Re: New Member #3

Right section. Welcome to the board!
    Jun 24, 2008, 7:22 PM - Re: New Member #4

Welcome. Artoo is a cool project. I'm kinda the opposite... I had planned long ago to make an Artoo, but it ended up that I got around to Fett before that one. Not that I'm bothered by that - Fett is awesome.
  5. Jun 24, 2008, 7:32 PM - Re: New Member #5

Quote Gypsyboy said: View Post
    Welcome. Artoo is a cool project. I'm kinda the opposite... I had planned long ago to make an Artoo, but it ended up that I got around to Fett before that one. Not that I'm bothered by that - Fett is awesome.

Thanks for the welcome guys!! I agree, Boba Fett is the best!! My son is actually wanting me to make the Fett NOW!!!!! LOL It's great when your kids develop the same interests as you.
    Jun 24, 2008, 9:09 PM - Re: New Member #6

welcome!!! always room for 1 more!!!!
    Jun 24, 2008, 9:39 PM - Re: New Member #7

Welcome
    And feel to ask any question that will help you in your quest.There is a TON of information here pretaining to any "Fett" style you wish to build.
    Do you happen to have any photos of your RS project to share?
    I always enjoy looking at bulders projects
  8. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Jun 24, 2008, 9:47 PM - Re: New Member #8

Hi Johnny Boy and welcome!!
  9. Jun 24, 2008, 10:26 PM - Re: New Member #9

Quote LOPERO said: View Post
    Welcome
    And feel to ask any question that will help you in your quest.There is a TON of information here pretaining to any "Fett" style you wish to build.
    Do you happen to have any photos of your RS project to share?
    I always enjoy looking at bulders projects

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!! Most appreciated!!

I can always post a thread in another section of my R2D2, and I definitely need to take newer pictures. I've gotten a little more things done in the past month or so, and I'm still awaiting more parts to arrive. I guess I'll post 1 pic here for now, but I guess I can start a new thread in a day or so. My R2 is also not 100% screen acurate with colors. But I'm not as picky with this project as I will be with my future Fett. Hope you enjoy. Look for more pics later if anyones interested. Thanks again!!!
    Jun 24, 2008, 10:59 PM - Re: New Member #10

I want a R2 to play with , Welcome and I cant wait to see more pics of that beast!
  11. Jun 24, 2008, 11:12 PM - Re: New Member #11

Quote TR 4059 said: View Post
    I want a R2 to play with , Welcome and I cant wait to see more pics of that beast!
    LOL

Thanks man!!! Yeah all of what you see there os aluminum. Heavy S.O.B.!!!! I'll start a new thread in the Props section? Thanks for the compliment!!
    Jun 24, 2008, 11:23 PM - Re: New Member #12

welcome!
  13. I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    Jun 25, 2008, 2:11 PM - Re: New Member #13

Welcome aboard! There might be yet another member here we can call JB! That's a pretty impressive R2 so far.
  14. Jun 25, 2008, 2:16 PM - Re: New Member #14

Quote Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    Welcome aboard! There might be yet another member here we can call JB! That's a pretty impressive R2 so far.

Thanks for the kind words!!! It's really great to get a nice welcome from alot of you!!! R2 is coming along...just wish I had the overtime at work to get at least legs and feet and a foot drive for it. If I get at least half way done with it, It will be easier to focus on my ESB Boba.

Thanks again. And, looking forward to chatting with all of you!!
  15. Jun 25, 2008, 2:25 PM - Re: New Member #15

Welcome on Johnny Boy! Dig the R2! I signed up at the R2 group, always wanted my own astromech!
  16. Jun 25, 2008, 2:42 PM - Re: New Member #16

Quote Commander Voltaire said: View Post
    Welcome on Johnny Boy! Dig the R2! I signed up at the R2 group, always wanted my own astromech!

Cool!!!!! Have any parts yet? And thanks for the welcome!! If you are just starting in the R2 Club, feel free to ask me any questions!! I feel its better when you talk to certain builders one on one, rather than nobody on the forum there to answer questions. Cool people though. Anything I can do to help, just ask!!
    Jun 25, 2008, 4:31 PM - Re: New Member #17

Welcome aboard JB! That R2 is lookin' great btw. Well, have fun here on the forums and look forward to seeing that future Fett!

--Mandalore--
    Jun 25, 2008, 4:43 PM - Re: New Member #18

Quote TR 4059 said: View Post

Me too, but I heard they're expensive to build.

Maybe when I'm rich I could get somebody to make me one!
  19. Jun 25, 2008, 5:34 PM - Re: New Member #19

Quote Oddball Fett said: View Post
    Me too, but I heard they're expensive to build.

Maybe when I'm rich I could get somebody to make me one!

Tell me about it!!! LOL
    That aluminum frame was $750 alone!!! And all of the electronics and whatnot make it costly. It's been almost 2 years since I started!! Whew....the aluminum is expensive to say the least!!