Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Feb 29, 2012, 11:44 AM - New Guy to TDH #1

Hello everybody, I collect alot of Star Wars items and decided it's nice to look at but thau can do with it so I've decided to sell some of it to start a Fett costume. I've gone to a ton of conventions with my kids and we hade alot of fun and I want to make it fun for others and help on charity events for kids.
    My first purchase is a cape from Woodman.
    Mar 15, 2012, 6:44 AM - Re: New Guy to TDH #2

howdy enjoy
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Mar 15, 2012, 7:31 AM - Re: New Guy to TDH #3

Welcome aboard not sure why no one has replied till now but hello and look forward to seeing what you come up with
  4. formerly slave1117a vaders right hand's Avatar
    Mar 15, 2012, 8:31 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #4

hello and welcome to the madness .
    Mar 15, 2012, 8:35 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #5

Hey man! Good to see another member! I've seen woodman's work and it the pictures are true, you're in for a treat! Good luck on your Fett!
    Mar 15, 2012, 9:49 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #6

WELCOME!! & NICE 1st purchase. His stuff is top notch!
  7. Mar 16, 2012, 12:00 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #7

Hello and welcome Fett17.
  8. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Mar 16, 2012, 1:12 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #8

Thank's guys, The cape is perfect. Man of War you are next on the list of items I need. I'm buying pieces slowly but I'm trying to get the best. As I sell pieces of my collection I'm buying costume items.
  9. shocktrooper is offline shocktrooper
    Apr 22, 2012, 5:27 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #9

Go with Fett's Pride his stuff is the best. Man of War is good if you like reworked Don Post items. Also Man of War sells a ton on "the bay" Funny how people on here say to away from there but they make a killing of "the bay". They make more money if they sell to you outside "the Bay". I know Fett's Pride can make his own stuff. Man of War started out as a recaster (from a Don Post Statue). Even his boots come from somewhere else. I know people say "leave Man of War alone" but once a re-caster always a re-caster. I will quit raggin on Man of War when he comes clean and tells everyone one the truth. He has been scamming people for years, he re-casted off a Don Post statue and said "look what i made" Whether you think casting from an out of production item is true re-cast doesn't matter, he still lied and gladly took peoples money. Whats worse a recaster or a con-man? As a Neewbie i think you should know the truth and go with the best, Fett's Pride!! Hopefully i won't get banned for telling the truth!
    Apr 22, 2012, 6:43 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #10

Welcome Fett17!

To Shocktrooper:

Who are you?

You have nothing better to do than start trouble with reputable members of this community?... your profile states you're a teacher? ... and this is how you act?
    Last edited by clonecollector; Apr 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM.
    Apr 22, 2012, 7:29 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #11

Nice to meet you....Have fun!
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Apr 22, 2012, 10:16 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #12

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am new to the board today. I met some of the board's members at Starfest this past weekend in Denver. I'm really impressed with the knowledge everyone at the table had.

I have never tried costuming before, but am an old hand at modelling. Mandalorian armor definately looks like something I want to try my hand at.

It sure looks like this site is going to give me the knowledge I need
  13. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Apr 22, 2012, 10:27 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #13

Quote clonecollector said: View Post
    To Shocktrooper:

Who are you?

You have nothing better to do than start trouble with reputable members of this community?... your profile states you're a teacher? ... and this is how you act?
    Obviously not an English teacher.
    His sentence structure and grammar are deplorable.
    Apr 22, 2012, 10:53 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #14

I didnt even notice his post. Skipped right over it as everybody else should.

Just checked out the thread to welcome Fett17 to the group.
  15. concord is offline concord
    Apr 23, 2012, 12:05 AM - Re: New Guy to TDH #15

welcome to the fun house
  16. shocktrooper is offline shocktrooper
    Apr 23, 2012, 9:03 AM - Re: New Guy to TDH #16

I thought people would want to know who they are dealing with. Man of War had called out a friend of mine for recasting and it wasn't his work. Evry time i do bring it up Man of War stays silent and wont answer. So what if Man of War is reputable. Shouldn't he be held to the same standards as everyone else? it seems like every other thread someone is using re-casted work.
    To me it looks like some people on here get a free pass on lying or re-casting. So instead of having Man of War answer to this, i get insulted, classy.
    So i will just ask Man of War directly, did you recast your items from a Don Post Statue and claim them as your own? Did you not call out some one else for recasting "your" items when it really came from the statue? Once Man of War answers that question, i'll never bring it up again.
    My guess is Man of War won't answer and i'll be banned.
    My goal on coming to the Dented Helmet was to build a super nice Fett costume, but i see alot of hypocrisy on here.
  17. Apr 24, 2012, 2:04 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #17

I don't even know how to respond to this BS

I'm speechless!?

Absolutely speechless!?
  18. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Apr 24, 2012, 3:30 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #18

Goodbye, Mr Troll.
    Apr 24, 2012, 3:35 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #19

Welcome Fett17

Enjoy your time here.
  20. Apr 24, 2012, 3:56 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #20

Shocktrooper,

Here you'll find 3 photos of the Man of War Studios shin tools I offered many years ago. The photo with the light colored background are the original shin tools sets I offered back in 2000. I hand sculpted each one of these shin tool props using the Star Wars Visual Dictionary by DK as a reference. This is why my shin tools did not have a finished backside. I had no idea what the backsides looked liked like because it wasn't shown in the Visual Dictionary. If I had recasted them from the Don Post Statue as your claiming.. "don't you think I would have cast them 3 dimensional"???

The other 2 photos with the red backgrounds were an updated version I did a few years later based on the originals I made in 2000. Some of you may remember these images and may still have a set of these shin tools? I stopped offering them years ago.

Your welcome to compare the Don Post shin tools to the photos below and make your own conclusions?

Now about your 2nd claim Shocktrooper. "Your friend" Many years ago I vaguely remember someone selling shin tools on ebay that I recognized as being my own. The auctioneer had sold many sets of these shin tools before I took notice If I remember? I do remember contacting him. He explained to me that he had purchased the shin tools in bulk from another source and was merely selling them off. We discussed it briefly and he was very polite and responsive if I remember? After our discussion and photos had been exchanged he shortly ended his auctions without error and that was the last I saw of those shin tools.

Shocktrooper if your claiming I recasted my shin tools from the Don Post statue shin tools then perhaps so did the guy selling them on ebay think that as well? I don't know?

No further conversations about my shin tools ever took place from that moment on. As for your nonsense about confronting me on the matter!? Frankly, I don't know who the hell you are Shocktrooper..end of story!

I have and always will continue to design, sculpt and build every hard treatment that makes up a Man of War Studios prop less I find a useful pre-made component from hardware stores and or private agreements with dented helmet members.

The truth of the matter is that I have NEVER recasted any of my shin tools..EVER! Nor have I recasted any other prop for that matter in all the 11 years of making Boba Fett and Jango fett props!

Christian

Attachment 60622Attachment 60623Attachment 60624
    Last edited by Man of War Studios; Apr 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM.
    Apr 24, 2012, 5:49 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #21

Welcome aboard Fett17!
    Apr 24, 2012, 8:07 PM - Re: New Guy to TDH #22

And Art steps in with the banhammer of justice
    May 4, 2012, 10:43 AM - New Guy to TDH #23

I have man of war boots and jet pack and I love them
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app