Need opinions about Boba Fett Helmet/Armor

From
    FRANCE

Need opinions about Boba Fett Helmet/Armor

Hi,
    so after having done some research through the forum these 2 past weeks about the different armourers, i have some questions.

I'm going for an ESB Boba Fett so i need an ESB helmet with the wavy brow and the increased flare out. I know the GMH is cast from an original and so extremely accurate, however i read the wainting time is very long and FettPride is based in the US. I also know that the BM helmet is especially designed for ESB, though i read somewhere it would be good if he could fix his stalk and inaccurate dent, but looking at his website it looks like he has done it. And as i'm based in EU i would certainly save money in term of shipping cost and customs.
    My question: Is the BM a good choice for an ESB helmet and in term of accuracy?

About the armor parts, i'm lucky enough to have the same body-type that Jeremy Bulloch had during ESB (5'11'' and rather thin) so i'm looking for an 1:1 armor set. I read the RKD set is more for bigger guys (even though he has made new molds since the post i read).
    So which kits are 1:1 scaled and accurate? BM (in this case i would certainly order it with the helmet); FP (i think v4 is 1:1); RS Props; etc... ?

Thank you guys!

From
    Newport News, VA

Re: Need opinions about Boba Fett Helmet/Armor

Just a couple of points, strictly my opinion.
    First off, don't get too hung up on the helmet flare. There are people who have gotten
    it into their heads that the ESB helmet and the ROTJ helmet are strikingly different in width.
    A lot of this is due to the size or aspect of the film used in ESB.

There may be a slight difference in width, but it's not nearly as pronounced as people think.

As far as the GMH versus the BM helmets, I've worked on several of each and they're both
    great pieces. Here are some points about each:
    GMH: originally made by FettPride, however now being produced by Asok. It's a resin kit, very
    sturdy and lightweight. Comes with ear parts, RF stalk, and RF topper. Made in the US.
    BM: fiberglass kit, comes pre-trimmed and primed, ready for paint. "Deluxe" kit is complete,
    including all parts to finish the helmet, including a visor. Made in the UK.

Hope that helps!

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

The GMH is also not really an ESB helmet, it's cast from a preproduction 2 lid. The FPH2 is the most accurate piece out there. You get what you pay for but I'm sure the BM helmet is very nice as Daz is very reputable too, and he's closer to home for your import/duty fees....
    Last edited by syllander; Feb 18, 2014 at 7:16 PM.

From
    FRANCE

superjedi said: View Post
    Just a couple of points, strictly my opinion.
    First off, don't get too hung up on the helmet flare.
    There may be a slight difference in width, but it's not nearly as pronounced as people think.
    I knew the flare is something very slight but it matters to me
    Though i didn't notice the BM was Fiberglass. Good thing to know, thank for pointing that out.

Have you an estimation of the waiting time for a GMH?

syllander said: View Post
    The GMH is also not really an ESB helmet, it's cast from a preproduction 2 lid. The FPH2 is the most accurate piece out there. You get what you pay for but I'm sure the BM helmet is very nice as Daz is very reputable too, and he's closer to home for your import/duty fees....
    I don't know this acronym FPH2. Does that stand for FettPride H(?) 2

From
    Limerick, PA

FettPride Helmet 2. It's his newest ESB version.

From
    Newport News, VA

The5thHorseman said: View Post
    I knew the flare is something very slight but it matters to me
    Though i didn't notice the BM was Fiberglass. Good thing to know, thank for pointing that out.

Have you an estimation of the waiting time for a GMH?

I don't know this acronym FPH2. Does that stand for FettPride H(?) 2
    I understand about liking the flare. A lot of stuff that goes into a Fett costume
    is personal preference.

You can send Asok a message about the production time for the GMH. That way
    you will get some information straight from the source.

Yes, the FPH2 is the newest kit from FettPride. He is making an ESB version of the FPH2,
    as well as a ROTJ version. It's a pretty new offering, so I haven't seen one of those in
    person yet, but the pictures look great!

From
    FRANCE

Good informations thank you!

And yes, Superjedi if you could get the waiting time estimation straight from ASOK it would be extremely nice

Edit: I just found the official topic about FPH2 and a Review topic and i must say that's really impressive!
    Last edited by The5thHorseman; Feb 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM.

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

You can contact ASOK here on the forum, but if you are particular, the GMH is based off of the preproduction 2 helmet and runs a little smaller. Flare or not you may want to consider that, as in addition to it being somewhat smaller you'll be filling damage areas that agree with the PP2 costume and adding ESB battle damage.....

From
    FRANCE

I was aware of the inaccurate ESB physical damage with the GMH but actually i'm kind of really interested in the FPH2. I need to send a message to Fettpride for further informations

From
    Albuquerque

The5thHorseman said: View Post
    I read the RKD set is more for bigger guys (even though he has made new molds since the post i read).
    I now produce the smaller V3 set (medium) which is studio scaled and would fit you
    I do still offer the larger kit as well (with reworked molds)

From
    FRANCE

Thank for the heads-up RKD

From
    Dayton, Ohio

For ESB (size wise) FP version 4 armor (US) OR RS props (EU) are extremely accurate.

As for the bucket.. depending on how much you want to spend, how screen accurate you want it to be, and how long you want to wait for it. Personally, I would either go with The GMH and have someone like SuperJedi paint it as ESB. FP's new FPH2, or RS props (I believe they have a painting service too)... EFX also just did a casting of the actual screen used ESB helmet and will be producing some for sale soon. (painted and all).

Kits are great, because you put it together yourself. Just keep in mind tracking down pieces and then painting (or having it painted) can be a lengthy and expensive process.

From experience on here and waiting for items to be made... All the makers do an amazing job with their products BUT can get slow because of demand. If you can find someone selling what you are looking for, buy it before ordering from an armor maker.

Good Luck!

-Jimmy

From
    FRANCE

Indeed i've noticed it but forgot about RS Props, i will make some further research about them.
    Right now i've sent a message to Fettpride about the FPH2.

I planning to paint it by myself though because there's so much great ressources here that i'm less afraid by doing it than before. And i think if someone ever ask me "Have you painted it by yourself?" and if i can answer "Yes!" it will bother me for sure

However i wouldn't put too much hope in EFX. It's been so much time since their annoucements, and we haven't see any actual customers products (quality might be not as good as the prototypes), and of course i'm personnaly not interested in something already painted.