Subscribe
    Feb 26, 2008, 4:17 AM - Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #1

I want to buy an X-wing helmet, and although Richie's Armor makes a nice one, it's $150.00 unassembled and unpainted. That being said, I am looking at these two. Are they both Rubies? Why is the visor on one yellow and the other smoke? Lighting?

Which one is better, if they are in fact different?

Thanks.

Feb 26, 2008, 5:56 AM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #2

I don't like either of them, but I'd prefer the lower one simply because it's darker and has a dark visor as well. Dark > light.
    Feb 26, 2008, 8:34 AM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #3

It looks like they are both rubies. One picture may be the Don Post x-wing helmet, while the other is the rubies. You'll probably end up with one more like what you see on top. Auctions just like to use stock photos from the web site of the maker. If you got that dark visor, that would be cool! I have a Don Post X-Wing helmet, and it's not the greatest helmet ever. If you want something accurate and for trooping, get something fan made so it'll be more stable. The rubies are just the vinyle.
    Feb 26, 2008, 8:42 AM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #4

The pictures are wrong. The one with the darker lense isn't correct. They both have the yellow visor. Both are rubies....I would show ya a pic of what they will look like, and how they deform on their own, but the link isn't working.

I own one from Dreadnaught, it is a great helmet and I think it was around $165 assembled, unpainted. But I did a sweet paint job on it. Plus I love how I made the stickers look battle damaged. It is hard to explain how I did it. Well, maybe not so difficult to explain.

Feb 26, 2008, 10:08 AM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #5

Those are both DP/Rubies. Not very accurate, and undersized to boot.
    I own one of the RA X-Wing helmets, and 2 from Wilco Models (which are the same as Dreadnaught's) and they're very nice, full-size helmets.
    Just like with Fett stuff, the "movie sized" accurate helmets are gonna cost a little more, but the end result is worth it.
    Feb 26, 2008, 5:41 PM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #6

OK, so between Dreadnaughts and Richie's, which one would you prefer?
    Feb 26, 2008, 7:28 PM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #7

I think they're almost identical to one another so it's really whichever you prefer. I have heard some quick/long wait periods for each though. Good luck!

-Matt
    Feb 26, 2008, 8:25 PM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #8

I have heard richies does take long. My dreadnaught took a little as well, because he was in the hospital.
    Feb 26, 2008, 8:35 PM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #9

Just to throw it out there... RA does a heck of a conversion on APH... just like the screen used buckets... Now, that costs a lot, but it's amazing...

Feb 26, 2008, 9:17 PM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #10

I prefer the Richies to the Dreadnaught. The mohawk on the Dreadnaught is taller, and I just think the shorter one looks better.

A comparison...

Dreadnaught:

Richies:

The cost isn't all that far off from one to the other. Both can be really slow, though Richies got me sorted out really fast on my most recent one... about 7 days!!
    Feb 26, 2008, 9:30 PM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #11

In my experience, RA was really quick with my last helmet. Took just about 3 weeks.
    My delivery time from Wilco was sloooooooooooooooooooooooow. Three months for one helmet, seven months for another.
    Feb 26, 2008, 9:45 PM - Re: Need Help! What is the difference between these 2 helmets? #12

Thanks for the input guys.