Need help with Super Hero costume!

aguma

Hunter
hi all, for some upcoming comic conventions and halloween, i decided to be catman from the secret six and i was going to buy this batman mask, but catman's mask is brown/orange-ish and his ears are sunken-in and not so curvy, is there some way i could just push in the "ears" and reshape them, maybe by heating up? also how do i paint latex masks? i have tried using liquid latex, ink, and ammonia but it doesn't last for more than a month and ends up pealing off. i could just rub in some acrylic paint or something, who knows :shrug:

also, i was thinking about picking up a mr. incredible muscle suit, i heard alot of good things about it at the hunter's lair but it is kinda pricey...any muscle suits as good or better for cheaper?

anyway, any help would be much appreciated! look out for catman and ragdoll at the next Dallas scifi comicon!

That mask is fairly pliable... Batman costuming is one area I could quantify myself as an expert on (hence the screen name). Anyway... with that mask You could fashion a coat hanger to go up into the ears and bend them in and either permanently attach it to the inside of the mask or not. Without the mask imagine the coat hanger looking like those alien antennas with balls on the top that we used to wear on our heads as kids but much shorter where the coat hangers go up into the ears. Also, loop the ends that go into the ears so the tops are round (you don't want the coat hanger piercing the ear). I hope all that made sense... it's still early in the morning.

You could also go over to the Brotherhood Of The Bat (my normal hang out). It's the TDH of the Batman realm.

http://bbrotherhoodofthebat.runboard.com

Sean

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back