My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

  1. #1
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    I was out with my unit this weeknd and got the chance to try out my ghillie suit that i have been working on (its not a full suit, only 3/4). It still needs a lot of work and the rifle needed to be cammed up but it was a quick photo taken whilst in my harbour area (all a bit of fun but i love it haha)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphpy951tu-jpg  

  2. #2
    DutchFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    From
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    489

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    That great!!!

    I'm working on a ghillie suit myself

    ''a bullet out of nowhere''

    Ruben

  3. #3
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    very cool mate. would love to see pics of your ghillie suit if you have any. I need to add more variety of colours to mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphpw5hqmq-jpg  

  4. #4
    jodo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2004
    From
    The Cold Widwest
    Posts
    2,207

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Awsome, for you weirdo out-doorsy types.

  5. #5
    Halo_1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2002
    From
    East Coast, Singapore
    Posts
    1,437

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Jon,

    Love it! Bet you had fun! If I drop by, you gotta take me out shooting bro!

    My 13 yr Reserves stint is over as I just got my C.O.M. from Command. Sigh, all my high speed gear and no where to use it..

    Nice bro, thanks for sharing!

    Stay safe,

    Tim.

  6. #6
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Tim - I didn't realise you were ex military If ever you are passing i'll arrange to get the L96A1 rifles out of moth balls

    thanks for the kind comments

  7. #7
    Halo_1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2002
    From
    East Coast, Singapore
    Posts
    1,437

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Jon,

    Sounds like a plan bro! !

    I was in Active Service for 2.5 years and converted to the Reserves once my Active stint was done.

    Stay safe,

    Tim.

  8. #8
    DutchFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    From
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    489

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Ronin677 said: View Post
    very cool mate. would love to see pics of your ghillie suit if you have any. I need to add more variety of colours to mine.
    I will remember that, I'll post some pics when mine is finished.
    will take a lot of time though...

    Ruben

  9. #9
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    DutchFett said: View Post
    I will remember that, I'll post some pics when mine is finished.
    will take a lot of time though...

    Ruben
    Tell me about it, mine still needs a lot of work. i am off on a big exercise in the summer and will be teaching ambush drills to several new intakes, so i need to get this ghillie up to scratch

  10. #10
    DutchFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    From
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    489

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    I have an ''army net'' (if thats the right word) and i took some of the stuff off and sewed it on a sort of cape like thing.

    lot of effort hehe
    i can buy a total suit for 125 euro's , but making my own is a lot more fun.

    I'll contact you when mine is finished, will take a month or so when I have free from school.

    Ruben

  11. #11
    Ronin677's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    From
    Norwich UK
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Ruben - mine is made from a old army shirt with the front removed. I attached a hood to it instead of using a hat. I then attached strips of different colour hessian. I need more browns in order to tone down the green though.

  12. #12
    Alcfalath's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    548

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    I suppose i should post mine then... no outdoors shots in its current version, but of course it adapts and changes for all the environments its used in. Its current setup is semi arid grasslands (Australian summer lol) with a little bit of a woodland scheme in its lower levels...

    And so I give you my hand done ghillie suit, based off of the Australian Auscam Disruptive Pattern Camouflage Uniform (DPCU for short) with hessian strands at many numerous interval lengths... 500+hours and will never be finished only have pics of the top however i love my legs for them... may have to get it out for some pics sometime soon








    Here ya go sorry about the size and amount of the pics, not meaning to highjack at all :P

    Btw what scheme is yours based for, Standard Woodland?

  13. #13
    DutchFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    From
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    489

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Ronin677 said: View Post
    Ruben - mine is made from a old army shirt with the front removed. I attached a hood to it instead of using a hat. I then attached strips of different colour hessian. I need more browns in order to tone down the green though.
    Do you have a picture of what you have done with the shirt?
    Maybe I can do that with my suit too.

    @ alc, your suit is awesome!!!!

    Ruben

  14. #14
    I helped at SDCC '08 Bountyone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    San Diego. CA/ Hertfordshire, England
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    Alcfalath said: View Post
    I suppose i should post mine then... no outdoors shots in its current version, but of course it adapts and changes for all the environments its used in. Its current setup is semi arid grasslands (Australian summer lol) with a little bit of a woodland scheme in its lower levels...

    And so I give you my hand done ghillie suit, based off of the Australian Auscam Disruptive Pattern Camouflage Uniform (DPCU for short) with hessian strands at many numerous interval lengths... 500+hours and will never be finished only have pics of the top however i love my legs for them... may have to get it out for some pics sometime soon








    Here ya go sorry about the size and amount of the pics, not meaning to highjack at all :P

    Btw what scheme is yours based for, Standard Woodland?
    Kinda looks like my old Christmas tree that I didn't take down till the end of Febuary

  15. #15
    CombatBaby's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    From
    The miserable mill
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: My weekend - Non Starwars for a change haha

    nothing like laying in the prone position for hours on end

Similar Threads

  1. HAHA Revan is here!
    By GlockInk in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Sep 8, 2009, 6:47 AM
  2. SWW's 09 last Weekend Pics
    By escho34 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2009, 4:01 AM
  3. My non starwars weekend
    By Ronin677 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 14, 2008, 4:32 PM
  4. haha this is funny
    By pollywolly94 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 9, 2008, 7:53 PM
  5. haha...how NOT to weather your brand new skygunbro vest...
    By never_risk_the_fett_man in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2006, 11:02 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •