My video log

From
    Mosfellsbaer Iceland

My video log

Hi, I just updated my Vader Helmet "making of" videolog on you tube. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=mobiustdh

Re: My video log

Amazing stuff Mobius! You have great dedication to this project!

From
    Mosfellsbaer Iceland

Re: My video log

lilburndiablo said: View Post
    Amazing stuff Mobius! You have great dedication to this project!
    Thanks, this has been a long road for me. One time I decided not to Vader. But like you all know the Dark Side was strong. So I got this helmet and then began the reference gathering, reading forums and such. And in the end I saw that the helmet I got was not good enough . So I had to start another search until I found a good helmet I was happy with, Don Post Deluxe recast, wich I had to restore, and I think I managed to do that quite well. But in the progress of painting the face mask fell on the nose. And I developed some chips that went all the way through the fiberglass in multible places all over the face. So few months after that I decided to try to fix it but got a little manic during the progress and went a bit further than I should. So it still sits in the shed missing the teeth, and the pipes

So then in this never ending search for my SA ESB vader I found a helmet on Ebay for a low price. It was a recast of and old SPFX ANH Ive been told. It was in good shape, it was well constructed they guy new how to mold fiberglass cheers to that. But I had to mod it to ESB and sharpen some details nothing much.

So Im at the end "for now" But Im pretty happy with my new helmet and cant wait to fix the chip on the dome. I got the HVLP touch up gun today, need to get another connection so I can use it.

What I wanted to do with this video log is to show people how we do things, cause this is what I needed to see when I was doing my Vader. And also it would have been great to be able to see how to paint the helmet but instead Ive become and expert on automotive detailing and painting .

So Im gonna try to do an indepth video log on the touch up job. Looking forward to it.

Hilmir.