Subscribe
    8 Hours Ago - Jul 6, 2015, 10:18 PM - My Lifesize Alec Guinness ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi #1

This is a lifesize figure project that I've been wanting to complete for a very long time. Been busy collecting pieces for my Gonk droid project and finishing my Death Star Hangar room, but I finally found some time to work on this. I haven't airbrushed much, bought one a few years ago when I started my Luke X-wing and haven't used it a ton, so I'm still getting use to it.

I bought a mannequin off eBay and removed the head. I went with a smaller mannequin that was about 5'10" to try and stay close to Alec's original height. Unfortunately he is a bit slim, but I'm going to bulk his sides up with some foam. Once he's dressed I don't think you'll notice. His head is also disproportionate compared to the rest of the body, but again I think that will be hidden once he's dressed.

Removed the eyes and started airbrushing the flesh tone.

I got most of the base coats on and did a little highlighting. I bought some fake eyes and installed those as well.

I still have some detailing to finish up then I can mount this to the mannequin body.

I'm looking forward to adding this to my Death Star Hangar room!
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    8 Hours Ago - Jul 6, 2015, 10:26 PM - Re: My Lifesize Alec Guinness ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi #2

you have the craziest builds. love it and can't wait to see more!
    8 Hours Ago - Jul 6, 2015, 10:29 PM - Re: My Lifesize Alec Guinness ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi #3

DUDE!!!
  5. 3 Hours Ago - Jul 7, 2015, 2:53 AM - Re: My Lifesize Alec Guinness ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi #4

love the giant figure idea... just awesome