My girlfriend's dog chewed my knee pad...

From
    North Bay, ON, CANADA

My girlfriend's dog chewed my knee pad...

Yep, she had it on a low coffee table while contact cement was drying. Luckily it was only on the inside of the wing and he's a pug so the teeth didn't do much damage. No warpage, just marks. Actually, it kinda works for it. Looks like pock marks from a shot gun or acid corrosion. Gonna put some silver on it.

But man was my girlfriend ever worried.

From
    Cary, NC

Re: My girlfriend's dog chewed my knee pad...

I get scared everytime I get a new part. My boston terrier likes to destroy everything. She killed a few of my figures when she got in my room one time. So now I make sure she is scared of anything new I get. I don't abuse her or anything, but just scare her with whatever it is, that way she knows to stay away from it.

I had a new wireless mic for my 360, $60, and only had it for a week before she annihilated it. GameStop wouldn't take it back.

From
    The miserable mill

Mic Pro said: View Post
    Yep, she had it on a low coffee table while contact cement was drying. Luckily it was only on the inside of the wing and he's a pug so the teeth didn't do much damage. No warpage, just marks. Actually, it kinda works for it. Looks like pock marks from a shot gun or acid corrosion. Gonna put some silver on it.

But man was my girlfriend ever worried.

time to buy chew toys,

glad your girlfriend was so concerned though, a lot of peoples significant others on the forums aren't supportive.

that's one of the reason i like my girlfriend so much, she loves the stuff.
    She wanted me to make her a mando for Halloween and was afraid at first handling the helmet thinking she'd break it.

i'll have to post pics sometime

glad your knees are ok

From
    North Bay, ON, CANADA

Yeah, she's super cool. She's helped with so much on the costume and is really enthusiastic about this and Star Wars stuff in general (she's gonna be Bespin Leia for Halloween). She's actually hand-painting the chest and shoulder logos as we speak.

Like Cesar Millan says, it's all about creating boundaries. The dog is only a year old and has tons of chew toys. Probably just didn't know the difference between a nylon bone and a bright yellow sintra knee pad. And when a pug stares at you with those big googly eyes, how can you stay mad at that?

From
    Cary, NC

Mic Pro said: View Post
    And when a pug stares at you with those big googly eyes, how can you stay mad at that?
    Our Boston is the same. I made sure she knew what she did was wrong, but one look and you just go AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I used to have a pic of the mic she destroyed and the R2, but deleted the pics and threw the mess away. Both were completely obliterated and unrecognizable as their former selfs.

my stuff is all locked safely away from the cats. either in a glass case, the basement or the garage. no random tooth marks for me.

every once in a while though they get lucky. i remember one of them eating my aurra sing unleashed figure's arm.

From
    NRH, Texas

ya it seems little dogs love to get ahold of props and figures I have two pomeranians and they both are always eye balling my Props and if given the chance im sure they would decimate any of my collectibles and there both 3 years old but over time they do get better i lost a few zoo york jackets to the female pom she liked the zippers to chew on

From
    Cary, NC

Punhulk said: View Post
    i lost a few zoo york jackets to the female pom she liked the zippers to chew on
    Zippers? haha
    I don't know what I would do if my dog got a hold of any of my Fett stuff.
    I keep everything in a closed chest, but somehow she managed to evolve opposable thumbs and can open my door when it's closed. I kind of want to put together a display mannequin, but that would make appealing to her destructive nature all the easier.

From
    Michigan

Hmmm....I should keep that in mind as I live with 6 dogs and 3 cats. Time to start securing the door to my room.

From
    Michigan

Here's what our dog does with Fett knees.....

From
    Bs. As., Argentina

A long time ago, my late dog amputated both legs of my brother's 3 3/4" Scout Trooper (the one that came with the speeder bike from POFT2). Fortunately it was a knockoff figure and with a lot of patience my brother reconstructed both legs. That was the only time that any of my dogs did something like that.

From
    The miserable mill

Odran Kor said: View Post
    A long time ago, my late dog amputated both legs of my brother's 3 3/4" Scout Trooper (the one that came with the speeder bike from POFT2). Fortunately it was a knockoff figure and with a lot of patience my brother reconstructed both legs. That was the only time that any of my dogs did something like that.
    i started reading and got lost in the subject matter..

A long time ago... in a dog house far far away!

Oh man, thats terrible. Lucky me, no animals in my apartment... I can't stand any of 'em.

From
    NRH, Texas

LostSonOfSparda said: View Post
    Zippers? haha
    I don't know what I would do if my dog got a hold of any of my Fett stuff.
    I keep everything in a closed chest, but somehow she managed to evolve opposable thumbs and can open my door when it's closed. I kind of want to put together a display mannequin, but that would make appealing to her destructive nature all the easier.
    ya she is crazy sadly she tilts her head and puts her ears back and i forgive her LOL ironic how dogs can work us

LOL