my first test fit of my ESB Boba!!

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
ok people...almost there! Still need to add the fine details but couldnt wait to try it on for the first time. The cod is actully taped to the buttplate lol. For some reason the aluminum shoulder/cod studs i got have screws that are way too long,i need to find shorter ones.the rangefinder isnt on the stalk and the backplate is not on, along with the jet pack, but we get a good idea how this is gonna look, and im stoked! i photoshopped out the background of my disaster of a work space LOL Enjoy test fit number 1!
testfit.gif

thanks guys..yea the weathering doesnt show up well with my camera...:facepalm ESB doesnt have really heavy weathering on the armor though...the chest logo well...i messed up that piece and had to remove it and re-paint so im waitng on a new one from lucksy...then ill weather it up while on the armor so i can do the vest also..tis too clean heh...the belt pouches arent attched here either:lol: Lots of work to do still, but mostly details...i just really wanted to try it on! :D

Lookin' sweet !

I wanted to ask, was your flight suit originally white or grey, and did you use the evening blue to dye it? I'm so paranoid about dyeing mine too dark, yours has a nice color to it.

That is looking good. You have some top notch parts.(y) My collar screws were too long as well (evolution) I used my dremel and a cut off wheel and cut a little off and they work perfect. Might consider giving that a try.

it looks great, always good to get the test fitting in here and there... i knew something was off on the chest armor when i saw it....should look great once you get the emblem back on there

That's looking really sweet!!

Did you paint it all yourself? Feel free to PM me paintcolors :)

Gathering different info from wherever I can get it until my FP arrives:)

Timmer...thanks! :) it was from Arklady, and was a ever so slightly blueish light grey. very light..lol. I did indeed use the evening blue RIT dye. Did it in my kitchen sink haha. Worked well i think =)

CoJake..yup,thats what i did...seems to be good now!

Lopero... yea the vest wasnt weathered at all there,but it is now =) Also the armor is pretty weathered but it doesnt show up well in the pics. it was bright daylight in the room. Im going for movie accurate weathering and ESB Fett isnt all that dirty on the armor. I am however adding a bit more with some dry brushing techniques

Cranky...yup painted it myself, and all with rattlecans. =) the base green is rustoleum Spruce green, i couldnt find it anywhere so i ordered it from the first Hardware store i googled online lol. i also misted it VERY lightly with rustoleum hunt club green. Then i used an inexpensive flat black to mist on for weathering. Its technically made by Krylon, but its their cheaper stuff...colortouch. because its not so rich in pigment,it works perfect for weathering =) the shoulders were a bit tricky. I used krylon OSHA yellow for the left bell and just weathered it with the flat black colortouch. the right bell i actully sprayed with testors model masters"gomango" (which is a MOPAR muscle car color=)) first..then i misted it lightly with the OSHA yellow to get the tone you see there..then the flat black misting again. i will be adding a bit more weathering to that with acrylic washes and dry brushing as well. the weathering is way more prominent in person. Im a strong beliver in Less is more when it comes to weathering, at least with the dirty part. I get tons of compliments on my Scout weathering cuz i didnt over do it, which seems to happen alot. i may go a little heavier on my jet pack with the scratches though than the screen used pack just cuz ive seen some look really awesome that way.

Everyone else...thanks for the compliments....im a little further done now...i may have updated pics this weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back