After a very trying 48+ hours, our dog Belle has given birth to 5 beautiful puppies.
She had a very tough delivery that is a long story, but here's the short version;
She started the labor process about 8am on Thursday.
But, after 24 hours we are pretty worried and contact the vet and make an appointment for 2pm yesterday.
We are facing a C-section which will be about $1000 which we don't have. ( Michelle is still on disability since Oct, and the facility where I worked is closing so I'm out of work now too)
We take a cash advance on the last credit card we own . While we are at the bank getting the last $1000 we have on the card, our son calls and says that the water has broken.This happens at the exact moment the teller hands the cash through the window.
So we cancel the appointment and head home hoping for the best.
After another 8 hours of no babies and the momma getting very fatigued we call the vet and describe whats going on.
The Vet says we need to bring her in to have a possible C-section and time is of the essence.
We head down to the Emergency Vet, they do X-rays and the first baby is stuck in the birth canal. It is "twisted" and is trying to come out neck first which is impossible. The C-section must be done or all will die.
that's $1500 more than we scraped together
I don't wanna lose the momma or the babies.
We apply for credit at the place for the other $1500 and get approved at 24.99% ( no interest if I pay it off in 6 months)
they start the procedure but say the "twisted" puppy will most likely not make it and it's iffy on the others .
The nurses come out in about 30 minutes holding some puppies and they are ok, so we ask about the "twisted" one.
They say "we are working on that one"
10 minutes later we get the news;
The "twisted" puppy is going to be ok.
Momma and the babies all came home this morning and are going to be fine.
Pics are on my Myspace
But here's a few
Belle and the babies
and here's the "twisted" one