Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. SoulAssassin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    158
    Sep 23, 2008, 12:39 AM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #26

    Quote DangerRuss said: View Post
    I love this toy from Hot Toys. Amazing quality and acuracy. Looking to get thier Iron Man 12" lite up figure.
    Did you get it from Sideshow or overseas? Im looking to buy one but cant find one in the US only from asia.
  2. Resilient's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2003
    Posts
    152
    Sep 23, 2008, 2:00 AM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #27

    Quote DangerRuss said: View Post
    I'll put you on my list and thanks.
    Deunan huh... Head sculpt, costume or what? I'd love to have one for my Bri. I was considering making a wig for my wife and trying to put costumes together. Her hair style is really cool but not sure how it"ll transilate into actual wig prop.
    Color me interested if you make something wearable, or static bust would be nice too. Hmmnn. let me know what your up to.
    Costume. Ex Machina-style ESWAT gear to be exact. Now that my Hot Toys Deunan finally arrived from Japan, I plan on starting with the headband (w/ the targeting eye patch) on a lifecast bust I have. Then moving on to the bodysuit with the help of a seamstress.

    As for the hair, I'm going to go the route of getting it cut/styled since I wear my hair short and have a similar hair color anyway. I'm assuming you're thinking of her hairstyle in the movie? I think it could translate pretty well into a wig too. You could maybe commission someone who makes anime cosplay wigs due to the style. Her 80's style do's from the comics would probably be a little trickier though, lol.
  3. SarlaccBits's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,409
    Sep 23, 2008, 12:18 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #28

    Wow, that looks great!
  4. DangerRuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    242
    Sep 23, 2008, 12:50 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #29

    e-bay baby. got it for $185 plus shipping
    Quote SoulAssassin said: View Post
    Did you get it from Sideshow or overseas? Im looking to buy one but cant find one in the US only from asia.
  5. SoulAssassin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    158
    Sep 23, 2008, 6:25 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #30

    Quote DangerRuss said: View Post
    e-bay baby. got it for $185 plus shipping
    Do you rememeber who the seller was? I wanna buy it from someone I can trust.
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,738
    Sep 23, 2008, 7:09 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #31

    I don't know what that is, but it's pretty cool.
  7. DangerRuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    242
    Sep 23, 2008, 11:17 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #32

    e-bay handle chogokin77. It was prestine, box was undamaged, fair price buy it now, shipped in timely fashion. Yeah the box and packaging is cool. Definately worth the money.
    Quote SoulAssassin said: View Post
    Do you rememeber who the seller was? I wanna buy it from someone I can trust.
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    607
    Sep 23, 2008, 11:30 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #33

    Quote Resilient said: View Post
    ..... Ex Machina-style ESWAT gear to be exact. moving on to the bodysuit with the help of a seamstress.....

    ......... You could maybe commission someone who makes anime cosplay wigs due to the style......
    ...ooo resilient - would love to see how the ESWAT body armour works out. I want to do a CGI Briareos... and now since DR has got a nice lid going - might try to get forearm armour sorted 1st. Then chest/ab plate...

    Russ - if u wanted to get in touch with a cosplay wigmaker - I know a good one, although she mostly does Cloud from FFVII. Only prob is shes based in UK.

    Nate
  9. tubachris85x's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,944
    Sep 24, 2008, 12:02 AM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #34

    Wow, I never saw the movie, just looked up a few youtube clips. Incredible sculpt. This would be a perfect suit for me. Just gotta work on the muscles and get broly rofl
  10. DangerRuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    242
    Sep 24, 2008, 1:13 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #35

    Heatshock. let me know if you do the forearms, chest /abs. I could use a set for my costume.
    Quote Heatshock said: View Post
    ...ooo resilient - would love to see how the ESWAT body armour works out. I want to do a CGI Briareos... and now since DR has got a nice lid going - might try to get forearm armour sorted 1st. Then chest/ab plate...

    Russ - if u wanted to get in touch with a cosplay wigmaker - I know a good one, although she mostly does Cloud from FFVII. Only prob is shes based in UK.

    Nate
  11. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    607
    Sep 26, 2008, 5:53 AM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #36

    will do mate - gonna try for arms 1st - CGI style ofc. 2nd time I am trying a sculpt - so dont expect quick results man.

    Was also gonna be interested in the Deunan body armour idea from Resilience - not sure how I will approach that yet

    we should get a Project Appleseed section

    u noticed some Appleseed replica ordance on the Bay atm - its from a dutch guy? Unfortuantely its ordance from the original animation movie I think.
  12. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11
    Sep 26, 2008, 12:47 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #37

    DangerRuss,
    Would it be possible to add more detail especialy in the rabbit ear base area where there looks to be a screw, and the forhead area where there is finer engraving details? Possibly some extra lines around the mouth parts? The area under the left/ right eyes seems to have a dip also from my first image. Maybe more detail on the rear eyes where they connect to the ball?

    I uploaded some shots from the Blue ray version...
    http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=duorb7.jpg

    More of that head plate thing...
    http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...p102126vn1.jpg

    it says (pardon my poor ascii art)
    [ HECATONCHEIRES ]
    [/////////SYSTEM//////////]
    ..../\
    <|><|>
    ....\/

    There's a similar one on the back of the helmet too...
    http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...p115566ga1.jpg

    looks to be the same text however, it's in a different panel shape outline.
  13. DangerRuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    242
    Sep 26, 2008, 1:13 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #38

    Very good observations. I took some liberty to the details to make it easier for molding. Also had to make some changes to make it an actual wearable helmet. As far as detail in the forehead, I had planned on having decals or stickers made for the logos in front and on back. Thanks for your input, I'm trying to make it as detailed and accurate as humanly possible. Thanks,Russell
    Quote Saikwa said: View Post
    DangerRuss,
    Would it be possible to add more detail especialy in the rabbit ear base area where there looks to be a screw, and the forhead area where there is finer engraving details? Possibly some extra lines around the mouth parts? The area under the left/ right eyes seems to have a dip also from my first image. Maybe more detail on the rear eyes where they connect to the ball?

    I uploaded some shots from the Blue ray version...
    http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=duorb7.jpg

    More of that head plate thing...
    http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...p102126vn1.jpg

    it says (pardon my poor ascii art)
    [ HECATONCHEIRES ]
    [/////////SYSTEM//////////]
    ..../\
    <|><|>
    ....\/

    There's a similar one on the back of the helmet too...
    http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...p115566ga1.jpg

    looks to be the same text however, it's in a different panel shape outline.
  14. tubachris85x's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,944
    Sep 26, 2008, 2:07 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #39

    Yea, I just picked up Ex Machina the other day. I really want to do a Briareos now. I'd do the one where he's in the tux at the party lol
  15. DangerRuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    242
    Sep 26, 2008, 9:18 PM - Re: My Briareos (Appleseed) Helmet #40

    New pics. Ear molds done. size comparison. holding ears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earmold.jpg 
Views:	1104 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	27681   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holdingears.jpg 
Views:	1059 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	27682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01854faceoff.jpg 
Views:	1033 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	27683  

  16. tubachris85x's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,944
    Sep 26, 2008, 10:33 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #41

    Pure awsome at it's best right there! I really want one now!
  17. stormtrooperguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,039
    Sep 26, 2008, 11:26 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #42

    i don't know appleseed, but that's a hot helmet right there!
  18. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    607
    Sep 28, 2008, 4:46 AM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #43

    very nice progress Russ. I found the ur head-next-to-helmet shot really useful too.
    yeesh - that got to be the neatest mold casing I have ever seen!

    *waits patiently with popcorn*

    cant wait to see the finished product!
  19. DangerRuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    242
    Sep 28, 2008, 2:38 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #44

    It's what I do. thanks for the props! The key to making good parts is making good molds.
    Quote Heatshock said: View Post
    very nice progress Russ. I found the ur head-next-to-helmet shot really useful too.
    yeesh - that got to be the neatest mold casing I have ever seen!

    *waits patiently with popcorn*

    cant wait to see the finished product!
  20. Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    444
    Sep 28, 2008, 4:40 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #45

    that looks like a rly cool. I remember going to the premiere for the most recent appleseed movie at Wondercon. I walked out like 30mins in... not rly a fan, but your work is fantastic.
  21. SoulAssassin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    158
    Sep 28, 2008, 5:36 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #46

    That is amazing! Godd work bro . Oh by the way I checked the ebay seller you recommended but hes out of Hot Toys Briareos
  22. XJPilot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    95
    Sep 28, 2008, 7:57 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #47

    That is just to sweet,,,,
  23. I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    760
    Sep 28, 2008, 9:42 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #48

    I dont even know what this helmet is from, but it displays wonderful craftsmanship. Great work!!!
  24. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    10
    Sep 29, 2008, 3:41 PM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #49

    Appleseed is one of my favorite movies... great work!
  25. Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11
    Sep 30, 2008, 2:36 AM - Re: My Briareos(Appleseed) Helmet #50

    Looking great! The head comparison makes it look even better!