Subscribe
    Aug 5, 2008, 10:56 PM - My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #1

I was contacted by a friend regarding an appearance. It was National Night Out. Alright, I agreed and wanted to do something big for my suit to really make a good impression on the crowd.... Well.... .

Before I give event pics, I want to show my lastest upgrade to the suit... I'm very happy with how they turned out... now all I need are new boots, gloves, cape, cowl, and belt.. there's someone a BOTB that can hook me up with a cowl and cape, so "yay!"

and now here's pics from tonight's event. Mom dropped me off, snapped a few, and left, but I have some on the way from a few different people. one of them is of me and our local police chief.

one of Rockford's Finest. I didn't mean to smile, but he said soemthing funny:

Our bomb robot:

and the nice lady that recruited me for this:

More to come as they arrive....
    I hope to have my satin cape sewn together within the next few weeks, as I think it will be a major improvement until I get the one form BOTB.
    Aug 6, 2008, 12:07 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #2

"Support your police! thats our message!" - Robin (Burt Ward) in the 1966 Batman film
    Aug 6, 2008, 12:16 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #3

Aye, it was a good film for it's time... I hvae it on DVD and still watch it out of boredom
    Aug 6, 2008, 12:49 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #4

New pics from a different source. Faces of kids are covered, as I don't want to get in trouble for anything...

some angles show me having multiple chins, so please pay no mind to it.

and the sweat level was pretty bad... I was running out of dry places on the suit to put my cards, so in the third pic, they're soaked and I was trying to let them dry out :P

and just for kicks, here's a pic of the ID card I had on my belt:
    Aug 6, 2008, 2:35 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #5

Looks really good, dude! That leg armor really adds to the suit.

And I just watched a little over half of that old Batman film...good times.
    Aug 6, 2008, 9:59 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #6

Like always, your suit never fails to get better and better man!
    Aug 6, 2008, 11:08 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #7

Zurath,

Great pics.

I was wondering how you finally repaired the tear in the cowl?

I can`t tell from the pics...

JK3
    Aug 6, 2008, 11:44 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #8

I didn't. It's a diffierent cowl. My begins is still in the box await repairs... I am goign to wait until I learn to do it myself as opposed to spending $60 for it to be shipped round-trip to Louisiana.
    Aug 6, 2008, 12:30 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #9

Just curious, who's in Louisiana? Your suit is going through nice progress.
    Aug 6, 2008, 1:02 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #10

the guy in Louisiana is the owner of two forums I'm on. he said he'd repair it for only the cost of round-trip shipping...
    Aug 6, 2008, 1:04 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #11

Oh sweet, who knew there were Batman people down here
    Aug 6, 2008, 2:05 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #12

Yea, they're all over the world.

go to this forum and check it out... might be able to meet up with some of them for superhero tips.

http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com
    Aug 6, 2008, 2:48 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #13

Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.
    Aug 6, 2008, 2:58 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #14

Nice job, I think you picked a good time to be Batman, The Dark Knight movie Rules!!!

G-Fett
    Aug 6, 2008, 3:17 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #15

G-fett, I've actually been playing batman for almost two years, now...

Wow.. the time really flies..
    Aug 6, 2008, 10:17 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #16

More pics:

And I had to ask if they could do this for me:

Aug 6, 2008, 11:27 PM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #17

Forgot to mention that your suit is looking muy bueno!
    Aug 7, 2008, 7:00 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #18

ok, i've seen a bunch of pics of your batsuit, and it does keep getting better, but there is one question i have. it's one i've had for a couple years now actually, since i re-watched the 89 keaton batman a few years back. how do you breath with the cowl on? doesn't it cover up your nostrils?
  19. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Aug 7, 2008, 7:04 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #19

So many faceless children in your town!
    Aug 7, 2008, 10:02 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #20

And cops that hate Batman too. I seriously LOVE those pics. with the officer, thats realy awsome they were friendly.
    Aug 7, 2008, 11:00 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #21

Quote saint_nasty said: View Post
    ok, i've seen a bunch of pics of your batsuit, and it does keep getting better, but there is one question i have. it's one i've had for a couple years now actually, since i re-watched the 89 keaton batman a few years back. how do you breath with the cowl on? doesn't it cover up your nostrils?
    There are nose holes on the "shelf" of the nose that coveres up my nostrils. I usually breathe through my mouth anyway, so it's all good.
    Once you get the mask on, it's pretty comfortable.

And my suit will lean closer to the '92 "batman returns" design, as that's the chest and legs that I'm using... the new mask will take on that design as well.

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    So many faceless children in your town!
    Yep, it's an epidemic that we're trying to cure

Quote jodo said: View Post
    And cops that hate Batman too. I seriously LOVE those pics. with the officer, thats realy awsome they were friendly.
    Yea, we asked the officer if it woudl be okay and he said "no problem." My town has some pretty cool cops

When even hte Chief walks up and asks for a pic with me, you know something is right with the suit
    Aug 7, 2008, 11:14 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #22

ooh, ooh! i have another question. how good are you at dissapearing on someone in the middle of a conversation? like, when they turn their back to you while explaining something and when they come back around, you've totally walked away? do you have that down yet?
    Aug 7, 2008, 11:20 AM - Re: My batsuit since I last posted.... LEG ARMOR!!! #23

Depends on the surface I'm walkign on and how crowded the area is, but yes, I can do it...

I usually don't because leaving in mid-conversation is just plain rude