I put on the jumpsuit last night to fit the cod piece/kidney armor assembly and knees, to mark out where I need to sew some velcro in to help hold these armor components. Since I was already putting stuff on, I decided to go ahead and suit up with what I have so far. A lot of people are asking how I am doing. I think a lot of folks are wondering if I even have a costume Here it is so far-
Overall I am pretty happy with the first fit. It has taken me 2 years to get to this point. Mostly, because I have a lot of scratchbuilt stuff there, plus I have been very casual with my time spent on it. Also doesn't help that I have re-done a lot of the items at least once already. I am open to critism. Please remember that I threw it on quick without help, so the position of some components are a little off. Plus my camera flash at nighttime has twisted the colors a little. Really not too bad though, mostly in the bells and knees. They came out a little more orange that actual. Here is a better pic of one of the bells in more natural light-
So here is what is left-
1) jet pack(still is the base colors but no detail stage)
2) right gauntlet hose(have the hose, just need to weather it and attach to jumpsuit)
3) shin tools(going to scratchbuild, have the plans but haven't started)
Then it will be time to start upgrading. Already wanting new knees and armor. Starting a new pair of scratchbuilt gloves already. Want to put more detail in the ammo belt. Will be doing new ankle spats that will be more accurate. Will probably do a new helmet eventually. I have a mystery helmet I am working on, but it will likely not become my replacement bucket.