Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

METALLICA IS BACK!!!

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

METALLICA IS BACK!!!

The new Metallica CD just showed up in my mailbox. I bought tix to the upcoming tour last week on a promo pre-sale. Each ticket included a copy of the new album.

1st, this thing rocks! No more wussy stuff, No more of Lars banging on a cowbell. The snare is back, Kirks solos are back! :thumbup

Thank you Rick Ruben for giving my favorite band a much needed shot in the arm. This sounds like it was influenced from Kill Em All through And Justice For All. There is just enough new sound to keep it fresh, nut sounds much more like old Metallica.

Re: METALLICA IS BACK!!!

Couldn't agree more! The album kicks some major butt indeed. I've listened to "All Nightmare Long" and "Suicide and Redemption" so many times I'm surprised they still play. 8)

If they can keep this up, I'll be very happy. \m/

From
    Irvine, CA

Yup, I've been listening to it since it leaked. I can't wait to buy the physical CD tomorrow. For those interested, they are streaming the entire album at Metallica.com.

From
    Greensburg Indiana

cojake said: View Post
    1st, this thing rocks! No more wussy stuff, No more of Lars banging on a cowbell.
    you gotta love that cowbell!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cowbell-jpg  

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

Now thats only thing I heard today that makes any sense. Stoked!

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

SWEET!!!! I gotta pick that up tonite after work!!!

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

It doesn't come out on cd until tomorrow. Mine just happen to show up in the mail a day early.

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

vadr_h8r said: View Post
    you gotta love that cowbell!!!
    Funny! But I still hate the cowbell

From
    Germany

I must admit: The St. Anger Album was truly! I love to hear that they turned over to the old style!
    Iīll hopefully get the Ltd. Edition "Death Magnetic" in a coffin tomorrow!

With Making Of DVD and many things more. Did cost me around 100 Euros but I hope itīs worth it. ;-)

Iīll post pictures tomorrow if it arrives.

Cheers,
    Manuel
    Last edited by Star Wars Chick; Sep 11, 2008 at 7:58 PM. Reason: language

From

It doesn't come out on cd until tomorrow. Mine just happen to show up in the mail a day early.
    Yeah, I just went down to my local CD shop & they are releasing it at midnight...so I dunno if I'm gonna stay in town to wait & get it tonite or not. They did have it playing in the background when i was in there though!!! Sounded friggin awesome from what I heard of it!!!!
    D

From
    Waltham, MA

i'm skeptical. i don't trust it... and i'm not keen on the first single i heard. can't be worse than the last 3-4 albums though.

*sniff*

back when master of puppets was the new album... things were DIFFERENT! yeah, i was in 6th grade when i got it, but still!

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    i'm skeptical. i don't trust it... and i'm not keen on the first single i heard. can't be worse than the last 3-4 albums though.

*sniff*

back when master of puppets was the new album... things were DIFFERENT! yeah, i was in 6th grade when i got it, but still!

Um...
    I'm old
    Master came out in High school
    and yes, it doth rock

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

slave1pilot said: View Post
    Um...
    I'm old
    Master came out in High school
    and yes, it doth rock
    I guess I am getting old too. I was in the 10th grade when I got Master of Puppets.

From
    Flower Mound, TX

From what I just heard streamed from the site, it is better than the last few albums (Everything since the black album). But...from what I heard, Metallica still ended for me at Justice. IMHO, it can't compete with bands like Trivium or even the last few offerings (after Risk) from Megadeth. Seeing this thread, part of me was excited, after hearing it, not so much.

From
    England, UK

Gonna have to check this one out i think. Stopped listening to 'em a while ago, just didn't really like their newer stuff.

From
    Palombia

Thank you Rick Ruben for giving my favorite band a much needed shot in the arm. This sounds like it was influenced from Kill Em All through And Justice For All.
    They just got better and better for every album, and for the pinnacle was Puppets and Justice. When I first heard Enter Sandman I thought "What the Hell..??" Black album ruined Metallica IMO, and I eventually just stopped buying their records. What you are writing here SOUNDS good though, and the security guy at my job has been all crazed about this record as well... so maybe this is one I should check out. I for one would be very happy if they rediscovered their roots again.

From
    Flower Mound, TX

Flettch said: View Post
    I for one would be very happy if they rediscovered their roots again.
    If you're looking for Kill 'em All or No life till leather, I'd keep looking.

From
    Germany

I just listened to the album on their website ...

I am a bit confused, they told to go back to the roots of metallica, but IMHO they just changed the cowbell with the snare but the sound for itself is not this much better than "ST. Anger" as I hoped it would be ... ****...

Maybe I have to listen to it several times to get it, but I doubt ...

It just canīt reach the "Justice" or "Master" album.... sorry

I donīt like those "trashy" inputs on the new songs....

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

You are right, you will not hear no life till leather. It is 2008 not 1983. I had to listen to this new disc about two full time to appreciate it completly. It is however the best thing since Justice. I can almost gaurentee that Broken, Beat & Scarred played live will absolutely kill!

In a nut shell, is it perfect? No. Is it heavy? Yes I'd give it about 4 out of 5 stars. I would rate ST. Anger 0 out 5 stars.

Give it a listen, and then listen to it again.

From
    Boston, Mass

I'm sory boys but how can you respect a band that sued napster for sharing their music when they are multi millionares. I lost all respect for these guys and will never give another penny of mine toward these greedy fools!!!!!!!

From
    Palombia

Well, I've listened to it now and the first and the last song (That Was Just Your Life and My Apocalypse) are my favorites from my first listening. There were some good vibes there, with good old snapping Metallica triolas and fast Ulrich double bass-drums. But as others have said here it's not No Life Till Leather and it isn't Master of Puppets or ...And Justice For All either. However it's far better than several of their previous albums.

Buuut I think I'll still cherish Puppets and Justice as their masterpieces

From
    Ohio

I've not heard much, but what I have heard I was impressed. It did remind me of old Metallica. Not 100% the same (which is also good - progressive). I like it. I'll pick up the disk

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

And the debate continues You'd think we were discussing who's gonna be our next president.

From

I don't think I've ever picked up a metallica album that i immediately liked, including justice. I usually have to listen to a new one for a few weeks before i start to like it. The first time I heard Justice, I was like...what the heck is this???? BUt now its my favorite. Although the last 2 albums never really did grow on me that much. Have high hopes for this one though.

eh Metallica just doesn't thrill me anymore. I LOVE their old stuff, Justice and before, but now I hear they're back and all that's going through my head is "Great now the radio's gonna be playing their songs on a 24 hr loop" Plus I never really got into them, then they pulled that **** where they sued fans and not just napster. That really made me despise them, and I still do. I refuse to give them any part of my money.