Subscribe
    Nov 15, 2008, 3:41 PM - Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #1

Recently I got some studio photos of me in my costume from a good friend. All in all I am really excited about finishing my costume. Now I just have to battle the desire to upgrade since I am low on funds...

At the bottom you can see some info on how I packed my costume.

I am currently packing my entire costume into one 50 gallon container that Stanley makes. It has grey wheels and I found it at Home Depot. This container is a BEAST and is quite heavy when loaded up.

The bottom layer contains my jet pack on the left and on the right, pulled forward, is the styrofoam box my helmet shipped in (which is invaluable since I racked my head for some time trying to figure out how to protect this BEAUTIFUL helmet). Sandwiching the helmet in place are all my soft parts. On top of the helmet is a cut to fit paper type box. It holds my knee armor, gauntlets, shin tools and headset. To the left of the box is my ammo belt. The shoes are sandwiching in the jet pack and the vest goes on top of that. I wrap the vest up with the jumpsuit to help protect it from getting scratched. The backplate goes on top and then I stuff my rifle in front as seen. Cover everything with a sheet of foam and I am ready to go!

Thanks to everyone on the forums who has helped! A big thanks to Wizardofflight, Ruffkin Toys, TK409 (and his family) and Gonzo Fett!
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2006
    Nov 15, 2008, 4:56 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #2

I have that same crate on wheels for my TK. Glad to know when I get my Fett together, it will all fit! That truly is the best crate ever.
    Nov 15, 2008, 6:38 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #3

Nice packing. And a really sweet outfit for sure. But do tell me - how did you weather this fine costume of yours?
    Nov 15, 2008, 8:22 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #4

Quote proto-fett said: View Post
    I have that same crate on wheels for my TK. Glad to know when I get my Fett together, it will all fit! That truly is the best crate ever.
    it really is a great box! It is just the right size. Although I wouldn't mind 2 inches more of thickness.
    Nov 15, 2008, 8:33 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #5

Quote Flettch said: View Post
    Nice packing. And a really sweet outfit for sure. But do tell me - how did you weather this fine costume of yours?
    the weathering wasn't too bad. I just started wondering where I could find the craziest amount of dirt, and I immediately thought of the car! I started by wiping all the brake dust from the rims (which really helped clean the car). I really needed more so I started reaching behind the wheel. I was surprised that the bottom of my car wasn't very dirty. My roommate never washed his car and his exhaust made some nice stains on the pockets.

With each new stain I wiped the excess grease onto a different part of the suit

One possible problem is the grease coming off in people's homes. My girlfriend thinks it may help to wash it at a laundramat. I just hope not much of the grease comes off...

Has anyone had experience washing grease? I don't want to "lose" my work!
    Nov 16, 2008, 2:18 AM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #6

It's nice to see someone with a flight-suit as dirty as mine!!!
    Nov 16, 2008, 12:27 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #7

If I could offer you some constructive criticism here...

Your vest needs to be tightened up, it shouldn't hang lose on you. Otherwise, looking great!
    Nov 16, 2008, 2:42 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #8

Thanks! I wanted to get pretty nasty. Especially so it would show up in photos.

Quote suspect86 said: View Post
    It's nice to see someone with a flight-suit as dirty as mine!!!
    Nov 16, 2008, 2:43 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #9

I think the bottom part is a touch loose. BUt you would be surprised how tight it fits around me.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into it.

Quote webchief said: View Post
    If I could offer you some constructive criticism here...

Your vest needs to be tightened up, it shouldn't hang lose on you. Otherwise, looking great!
    Nov 17, 2008, 1:19 PM - Re: Meadowbrook Fett Update + Packing Details #10

that is a mighty nice carrying case. nice suit too