View Poll Results: Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader - If It Could Have Happened, Who Would Win?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darth Vader

63 78.75%
  • Darth Maul

17 21.25%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Maul vs. Vader

From
    Colorado

Maul vs. Vader

If it was ever to happen who would win and why?

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

Re: Maul vs. Vader

Maul...cuz he BAAAADDD!!!!!

From
    i live in a small town in Norway, Scandinavia

cader... cause he got the voice and the scars to show for a good fight. maul is just kid with a stick

From
    God's Country (Oklahoma)

Creon said: View Post
    cader... cause he got the voice and the scars to show for a good fight. maul is just kid with a stick

A TWO SIDED ARSE KICKIN STICK!!!!!

From
    Palombia

Vader, no question. Just strangle the dude.

From
    RIVERBANK CA

as much as I hate to say it maul would probably win. do you remember when luke went into the cave and faced vader during his training?.....well anikan had to go through similar training. and in his trials he faced darth maul. vader is teriffied of maul because of the trama he faced as a child witnessing the death of (Qui-Gon- not sure on spelling).

From
    UK

Vader DID win. In "Resurrection".

From
    RIVERBANK CA

thats true but that was only the imaginary maul. either way vader is and will always be the sh#@

From
    Cookeville, TN

The STAR WARS TALES issue was the be-all-end-all for the Vader vs Maul question.

From
    Glendale, Arizona

based on fighting styles, maul would win. Vader is to slow and immobile. And maul rocks...

Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    From
    Yucca Valley

maul is without a doubt the better melee combatant. however, his power and control with the force are leaps and bounds beneath vaders. IF maul could find a way to negate vader's force abilities or could manage a sneak attack, he'd pwn vader. however, withouut that ability, vader pwn's maul through shear ferocity and force ability. i see vader grasping and holding maul, perhaps even asking him to be his apprentice. however when the loyal maul declines, vader simaltaneously hacks him apart and force snaps his neck.

From
    Capital Wasteland

This was already answered. Vader won even when Maul was using Jar'Kai style.

From
    Colorado

Vader may be stronger with the force. and obi-wan did defeat maul and anakin. but i still have to go with the sheer combat style. I think maul could win. There is more to maul than what we saw. Vader is much to machine to do any serious manuvering. and without his choke it would be interesting. Vader never used his choke when he fought with his saber.

So the question remains would he win in a saber duel with maul?

From
    Glendale, Arizona

saber to saber, maul would win.

to be honest as much as i love Vader his chest armor would restrict him from proper double blade saber...so id say ANH ESB ROTJ Vader vs Maul...... Maul wins .....but if it could be Pre Armor Vader i say Vader would beat him

this discussion reminds me of Deadliest Warrior on Spike TV wouldn't it be cool If the did a Star Wars Special

From
    Humboldt, Saskatchewan, Canada

Boomer Fett said: View Post
    Maul...cuz he BAAAALLLLDDD!!!!!
    Eh, there's plenty of time between episode III and IV where Vader is still a young angry machine. He would force-kick the heck out of Maul. Force + angst + cyborg > dude with horns.
    Last edited by asok; May 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM. Reason: Language

Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    From
    Yucca Valley

A good example of how vader was was in the short double edged sword. granted, he had the assistance of 6 clones but, ho took on and took out one of the emperors hands and 6 cloned dark jedi. he subdued them all before killing them at the same time with force powers alone while they were activly resisting with their own.

dark jedi and hands aren't sith lords i'll give you that but, to stretch his abilities to that many targets and have the power to b-slap them all says alot.

the fight never even makes it to a saber battle unless vader's in a "playful" mood.

as a side note, has anyone else got this month's insider? they pit maul v dooku

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Dooku wins. even with his saber skills, mauls ferocity is more than dooku can handle but, through pure force mastery, dooku defeats maul. maul was rated quite low in power and technical ratings while being very high in combat skills.
    Last edited by asok; May 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM. Reason: Langauage

From
    Huntsville Alabama

The Vader of the movies was a product of the 70's more than a representation of his real abilities. He was a big heavy guy in a big heavy suit.
    Maul was the product of a more sophisticated audience's expectations. Fast and mobile.
    As great as Maul's saber skills were, could he have beaten Yoda? Think about it. Vader took out Palpatine, a feat even Yoda couldn't accomplish. It was only his arrogance that allowed Obi Wan to beat him.
    I think of Vader being sort of like he was in the Force Unleashed game. ( not the best game, I know ) He is an unstoppable force of nature.
    Vader is the most powerful sith lord of all time. He would crush Maul with his control of the force. It would be tough to chop Vader up with two hundred broken bones.

From
    i live in a small town in Norway, Scandinavia

sorry maul fans, but vader is just too icey to be scared of a kid with tiny horns and a stick. maul can jump and kick and do as many summersaults he wants, against the rock that is Darth Vader it would be like a fly trying to get through glass.

"this is what happens when an small bouncy force hits an immovable object!" (ricochet) KAPWIIING!!

I can't believe some of the blasphemy I'm reading in this thread.
    Maul was ruthless and terrifying, but Vader was the most powerful Jedi/Sith who ever lived. Period.
    Shame on any of you who say otherwise.

Last edited by Gino; May 3, 2009 at 2:38 AM.

From
    Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Round One: Darth Maul attacks from odd angles and flying attacks. Vader gets a lil chopped up, but hes a cyborg, so no one really cares. After Vader gets smacked around a few times and gets tired of Maul's constant blitzkrieg attacks, Vader just outright force grips Maul and slams him into a nearby wall.

Round Two: Maul recovers and attempts another lightning ambush attack, but Vader has him figured out by then and manages to repel the attack, forcing the physically weaker maul to defend himself. Maul is a straightfoward, all out fighter,.. probably not used to having to block. Vader slices through Mauls uber cool double sided light stick of doom and uses force push to send maul flying THROUGH a wall.

Round Three: Maul uses a last ditch effort to flank Vader and attack with one half of his light staff. Vader takes a nasty cyborg amputation to his right arm, but obviously survives and delivers a spine cutting thrust to Maul, dropping Maul to his knees. Vader then uses forc grip to beat Maul to death with pieces of the wall before beheading him, loading his corpse into his shuttle, flying all over looking for an impossibly deep random crevice to throw his body down, and doing so. Cuz everybody knows, a star wars fight isnt over till somebody falls down in impossibly deep random crevice that you cant see the bottom of.

Darth Maul did it.
    Boba Fett did it. (not impossibly deep, but i count it.)
    Luke Skywalker did it.
    Mace Windu did it.
    Emporer Palpatine did it.

who am i missing?? lol

From
    Indiana

Very interesting ideas guys. Please watch the language.

From the CoC
    PROFANITY

The use of profanity is prohibited. For clarification on what qualifies as "profanity", please visit Wikipedia and search for “profanity” and “list of profanities” Profanity includes but is not limited to blasphemy (insults, slang or taking the name of a deity in vain), general insults and expletives, sexual insults or slang, and discriminatory insults or slang. Additionally, adding "@" or "#" or "$" or "%" or "*" or "-" or any other character in place of letters in curse words do NOT make those words acceptable to post. TDH has a profanity filter which will replace most inappropriate words with asterisks. Even though the word may not be visible, this does NOT make those words acceptable to post.

From
    Colorado

all i'm sayin is this,

Vader always had a hidden agenda, he wanted his son.
    Vader always had the sliver of good in him,

Maul is 100% pure evil. no good anywhere in him. He would have killed himself to prove his loyalty to the dark side and his master. Vader chose his son over the darkside. He was weak and he died for it.
    I still in my humble opinion say MAUL would win.

From
    chico, ca

Does anyone remember Indiana Jones? That guy had some crazy sword moves, but when he was done twirling about, Indy just shot him. lol Vader wins no doubt. His power of the force makes him difficult to stop.

Vader wins