Mandalorian Skull Tattoo Assistance

Mandalorian Skull Tattoo Assistance

Greetings all -

First post of the Forums after lurking a while.

Background: I want to get a tattoo. This will be my first ever tattoo. I decided back in September 2000 that I wanted to get the Boba Fett Mandalorian skull symbol as a tattoo. I spoke with some people back them about tattoos and the best piece of advice I received was from someone who told me to wait a while, and if you are still certain after a couple of years that you want that tattoo, go for it.

So here I am - 10 years later and still wanting the Mandalorian skull symbol as a tattoo. So I came here to ask a few questions/advice from the expects. I have read the posts about other tattoos here (and similar to the one that I am posting) and I didn't want to hijack anyones thread (so sorry if posting something similar). But I figured some time has past since a similar thread and maybe people have more advice/suggestions, etc.

I haven't decided on an exact spot, but I have narrowed it down to my left side on my rib cage. I work in a professional environment, so I need something that is hidden (therefore biceps, forearms, etc would be appropriate for me).

Any suggestions as to good spots for this type of tattoo? My girlfriend has done a couple of rough drawings of the design on various areas for us to get a feel for it. I like how it looks there, but we haven't decided on a size.

Besides suggestions for places for the tattoo, I am looking for other insight like should I shade it or leave it with just an outline? How large should I have it?

I have seen the pics of the same design on the back and I am really liking that place too.

Also, I am confused to what the difference is between the ESB design and the ROTJ design...

So, please, ANY comments/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: Mandalorian Skull Tattoo Assistance

and crazy4bobafett's Tattoo back when it was brand new

From
    Porterville, California

I love her tattoo!

Very good choice for your first tattoo, though I must say not so much for your choice of placement, on the ribs is going to kill you mate.
    I would strongly suggest either; upper arm, shoulder, back, chest in rough order of preference. I have mostly my arms and part of my legs done, someone with chest or rib tatts might chime in here.
    I don't know what you do for a job but I had this very tattoo on my left upper arm (as a few here do as well) and can assure you it could not be seen in either a t-shirt or short sleeve business shirt.
    You might also want to check out Home | tattoosandtoys.com gallery and forums for reference as well, heaps of Star Wars, Fett, Mando tatts there to look at.
    I hope this can help you and I look forward to seeing your fresh ink soon.

Ribs aren't bad it is the oblique muscles by the hip that are killer. Chest is not bad either. Close to bone or connective tissue=suck.

From
    Essen/Germany

here´s mine

lovin Crazy4bobafett's piece!

I plan ongetting this tattoo aswell.Imgoing togowith the ESB version though to be a little different,plus imabigger fan of ESB Fett than the other versions.

Placement is really your final decision, any of the spots you said i think would look good. id lean more towards the left chest or center chest, bicep,shoulder,left upper back or calf. Im probably going to go with my calf for mine.

From
    Spain

IMO the proto version is the winner

Hi all -

Thanks so much for the comments, suggestions and advice!

I got sidetracked with some work stuff, but now i am back and focusing back on the tattoo research.

Before I go any further with my research, just wondering if someone has a great stencil that they could post or send me. I really like crazy4fetts outline and BH-4517s as well...

Thanks!

dbirchum said: View Post
    Before I go any further with my research, just wondering if someone has a great stencil that they could post or send me. I really like crazy4fetts outline and BH-4517s as well...
    why wouldn't you just use the pictures already posted in the thread? any good tattoo shop should be able to take a printout of those and work from there.

my artist sized mine how i wanted it, flipped it and made a transfer (like the little temporary tattoos you put on with water). once we had it placed right he just stabbed over it.

From
    Philadelphia

get it on your face.