Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Sep 17, 2007, 1:14 PM - The Mandalorian Legacy Updates #1

We will be unveiling the official site on September 24, 2007 for the film, The Mandalorian Legacy. We will also be simultaneously unveiling a newly redesigned logo to go with this. Check it out at www.themandalorianlegacy.com, where we have a temporary page up now until the site goes live on the 24th. For more information, visit our myspace at www.myspace.com/themandalorianlegacy
  2. Sep 24, 2007, 2:47 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #2

The official site has been launched. Go to www.themandalorianlegacy.com to check it out.
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Sep 24, 2007, 2:50 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #3

Just a Suggestion: Heavy reliance on individual Flash Applets makes navigating the site a Pain in IE7 atleast, having to click to Activate the Applet each time I want to view the text on a button...
    Sep 24, 2007, 3:12 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #4

so....does this site lead me to a movie?I viist the site but saw no mention of a movie.I might have missed it.
    Sep 24, 2007, 3:56 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #5

I don't like that you have to scroll over everything to see what it actually says.
    Sep 24, 2007, 4:23 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #6

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.Thats why I was wondering if there was link to start the movie.
  7. Sep 24, 2007, 6:18 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #7

Alright, for those of you who already checked the site out, the issue that it had with IE7, where you had to manually activate each button, has been fixed. Also, there is no video as of yet, because the film is in Pre-Production. We have some concept art up that teases at some of the look of the film. More concept art will continue to be released as time passes and we will be having some bts videos popping up shortly as well. Also, because you guys have been supporting the project and giving feedback for the film that helps us out, I will release information for you guys, that the first easter egg on the site is accessed by clicking on the film's title on the home page. This brings you to the about the film page that can only be accessed this way. Be on the lookout for more Easter Eggs as time passes.
  8. Sep 26, 2007, 8:52 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #8

The buttons have now also been fixed on the site. Their hit states are now the entire button, so the whole button is clickable and interactive. Also, the speed of the English wording reveal has been sped up. Come and join the forum on the site for more in depth discussions about the film.
    Sep 26, 2007, 10:14 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #9

I am curious...
    After reading the "about the film".How much legal premission did you have to go through with Lucas arts to make this movie for distrubtion.
    I admire the creative work the makers of the fan films do.I can wait to see your project.Thank you for making it.
  10. Oct 8, 2007, 10:23 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #10

The casting call for the film is now under way. If you would like to audition, more information is available on the site. Also, keep checking the site for updates.
  11. Oct 9, 2007, 4:09 AM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #11

I would love to audition if I was closer and had the time to spare. Darn fate and its timings. Good luck with the production.
  12. Oct 12, 2007, 11:11 AM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #12

If anyone is interested in auditioning and can't make the auditions because they live out of state, we will be taking video submissions for the first round of auditions. If you are interested and wish to do this, you can e-mail us to get the information for the video submission at casting@themandalorianlegacy.com .
  13. Nov 2, 2007, 1:29 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #13

We now have a mailing list set up on the main site. Join it to receive our newsletter in your e-mail and stay up-to-date on all the news for the film, updates on the site, as well receive special content that only newsletter subscribers can access. Also, some new content will be updating on the site in the next few days. Visit www.themandalorianlegacy.com to check it out!
  14. Dec 18, 2007, 1:08 AM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #14

Some pictures from the casting call have been put up on the site. Within the next week, we will be posting a bts video and an exclusive video for newsletter subscribers.

www.themandalorianlegacy.com/casting_pics.htm

Also, we didn't get the chance to post the update on the forum, but we also put up the first glimpse into the film with a final concept art piece. More will follow, as we will release more over time.

www.themandalorianlegacy.com/final_art.htm
  15. Jan 30, 2008, 10:43 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #15

The call backs for the film were held this past weekend and the cast will be announced at the end of the week. Some new concept art has been released, something that will continue to happen as time continues, with each one getting more spoilerish as time passes. Also, the first webdoc has launched with a tease at the casting call that was held last month. The full, extended version will launch at the end of the week, exclusively for newsletter subscribers. To join the newsletter and receive exclusive content, go to the home page and click on join the mailing list.

http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/news.htm
    http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/final_art.htm
    http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/webdocs.htm
  16. Feb 4, 2008, 7:43 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #16

The main cast was announced this past Saturday. Check the main site to view the main cast list and headshots. Also, the extended version of the "Finding Boba" webdoc has launched exclusively for newsletter subscribers. If you would like to see the extended version, join the mailing list for the film. Also, besides the myspace page for the film, a facebook page was also launched this past weekend as well.
  17. Feb 26, 2008, 12:22 AM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #17

A new webdoc has been launched on the site, "Stars Are Born." Go to the webdocs to check it out. Also, it is available in an extended cut exclusively for newsletter subscribers. A new concept art piece has also been added into the final art gallery.
  18. Apr 2, 2008, 5:47 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #18

A new webdoc, titled "Designing the Galaxy" has been launched. Some new, spoiler laden concept art pieces have been added to the site, as well as some updates on the project. Go to http://themandalorianlegacy.com/news.htm to find out more info.
  19. Jun 16, 2008, 12:25 AM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #19

A new webdoc, titled "It All Starts Coming Together," has been launched that takes a look into the table read that was held on June 7, 2008. http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/webdoc4.htm
    Also, for more information on the what's going on with the production, visit the news page.
    http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/news.htm
  20. Aug 7, 2008, 11:30 AM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #20

On Saturday, July 26, 2008 a viral stunt occured at San Diego Comic-Con to promote The Mandalorian Legacy. To find out more about it and also view some pictures from the event, go to http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/news.htm.

The first TEASER POSTER was unveiled with the viral stunt and can be viewed at http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/posters.htm.
    Last edited by themandalorianlegacy; Aug 7, 2008 at 11:37 AM.
  21. Aug 11, 2008, 2:14 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #21

A new webdoc, Fashion in a Galaxy Far, Far Away has been launched which spotlights the costume design process for the film. This is part one in a two part series that will give an exclusive look into The Mandalorian Legacy costume deparment. You can find it along with all the previous webdocs at: http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/webdocs.htm

The film has been accepted onto IMDB and can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1260577/. The page is currently being updated with the entire cast and crew; it will continue to update as more cast and crew are added during production and post-production.

Any fan that wants to get some exclusive TML merchandise can now aqcuire it with the launch of the official TML store. As time passes, more exclusive merchandise will be released for fans that wish to enhance their collections and help support the film (all merchandise profits help fund the film). http://www.themandalorianlegacy.com/store.htm
    Aug 11, 2008, 3:16 PM - Re: Official Site Unveiling for The Mandalorian Legacy #22

First - Welcome to the board. Second - let me flat out state that I am not trying to put you or your film down. I admire your willingness to blaze blindly forward on this.

Ok, now for the reality check - and I am terribly sorry for being so blunt, but perhaps I can save you a lot of money in legal fees. If LFL did not know about this project I am certain they soon will with the IMDB listing.

Without approval from our friends up north though I honestly cannot see this one going very far in the theaters. Perhaps coming to a courtroom near you?

LFL holds the copyrights to all of this and they don't look too kindly on people trying to profit from it. I am pretty sure they will no longer see this as a "fan film" if you are trying to get a theatrical release. And you're merchandising?! You're going to create and sell Star Wars toys?! Holy crud you have cojones! Lucas has spent a lot of money holding onto those rights - I cannot imagine he will hand them over to you with a handshake or a hug. Ask Andrew Ainsworth how that worked out for him.

Their lawyers contacted me for a stupid little ad I did in a very small magazine years ago because the character looked like Indiana Jones. So make sure you have a legal team that is very, very good built into your budget.

Seriously, I am not trying to put down your efforts - in fact I applaud them. But you are about to step on a really big land mine (IMHO) if you are not working directly through LFL (I hope you have a refrigerator to hide in ) - and given what I have seen from your site you're not. You don't use the LucasFilm trademarks and there is no attribution at all. This is such a clear cut case of copyright infringement that there is no way you could ever win.

Good luck with the film. I certainly appreciate all of the time, money, and effort you are putting into it and hope that it works out for you. I hope to see it someday, if not in theaters then on one of the fan sites.
    Last edited by Bubba Fett; Aug 12, 2008 at 3:07 PM.
    Aug 12, 2008, 10:21 AM - Re: The Mandalorian Legacy Updates #23

I'm putting out a serious ??? I pretty much second everything that Bubba Fett has said. Have LFL been in contact with you at all? If they haven't, then their laywers aren't doing their jobs, and they probaly will be soon. This is a pretty major and blatant case of copywright infringement. I'm genuinely suprised that this project hasn't already been shutdown by LFL. Also trying to tell the story behind one of the best anti-heros of all time and the character that this site is prety much dedicated to is a bold move.
    Last edited by Bossywalker; Aug 12, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
    Aug 12, 2008, 12:04 PM - Re: The Mandalorian Legacy Updates #24

I've been wondering the same things. Again, not criticizing your efforts at all, in fact I look forward to seeing the film. On a side note, the guy that's been cast as Boba Fett looks alot like a younger Jango and is a good pick for an in-between age. Hope he can act as well as he looks the part.
  25. Aug 13, 2008, 1:16 AM - Re: The Mandalorian Legacy Updates #25

Okay, I would like to take the time to clear up some of your questions/concerns. First off, I would like to thank you for all of your concerns and pointers. As far as everything goes, we have cleared the project with LFL and spoken with Steve Sansweet. We will not be selling anything that has LFL licensed material and will not be profiting from anything. Everything goes straight to helping fund the expenses of the film. By theatrical release, we mean a NON-PROFIT theatrical release. We will be having specific showings at certain theaters and letting everyone know where and when the showings are. These are to get the word out about the film and to let fans get to see it on the big screen and not confined to the realms of the internet (the film will be online). We will be holding a number of showings and would be more than happy to have any of you at the screenings. The project is mainly being done with the intent of being presented to LFL as a resume, of the individuals in the project, with the intent of working on the upcoming live action TV show. LFL has already expressed interest in the project and would like to see the end result for this very purpose when it is all finished. We do have a legal team as part of the production and if we run into a CAD issue with Lucasfilm, we will gladly comply (as not to anger the corp that has been so good to all fan created content). Lucasfilm has been very gracious enough to let us fans make fan films (as long as we do not profit from them). Other properties, such as Warner Bros. and TFC have not let fans do this. Our legal team has advised us about not selling anything with LFL licensed content and they are currently looking over the store to ensure everything is okay. Our biggest source of help from the fans is by individual and corporate sponsorships. These donations help fund the film and allow us to actually achieve what we would like the film to be. If any of you would like to contribute and donate in any way, it would be greatly appreciated in getting this project fully off the ground.