Subscribe
    Feb 1, 2012, 11:18 AM - Looking for help from a Fett abroad #1

Hey guys and gals,

My son just received this Social Studies project from school called Flat Stanley from his first grade teacher. When I read through it last night I told my wife that I would check here to see if any of my Fett brethren would be willing to help out. The short of it is to send this paper figure my son has colored to some one outside of California but preferably outside of the US. I would prefer somewhere outside the US myself so that he can learn about another country and its culture. He would stay with you for 2 weeks before being mailed back, attached is a PDF containing the instructions. If anyone here would be willing to help out with this I would be willing to cover shipping cost back and any small items that may get set back with Flat Stanley. Please drop me a PM if you are willing to help or if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rob
    Flat Stanley.pdf
    Feb 1, 2012, 1:13 PM - Re: Looking for help from a Fett abroad #2

Hey Rob,

if Flat Stanley is willing to visit germany, I would love to be his host for two weeks. ;-)

Best,
    Manuel
    Feb 1, 2012, 2:40 PM - Re: Looking for help from a Fett abroad #3

This is great! One of my sons had to do this project before. Great learning opportunity! Good luck!
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Feb 2, 2012, 12:02 AM - Re: Looking for help from a Fett abroad #4

I would help, unfortunately I'm going to be traveling for work over the next couple of weeks. I did a Flat Stanley project a few years back when I was still teaching English, and Flat Stanley in Japan was a big hit. In addition to the photos from last time, there's a video, divided into four parts, on youtube (links to first part). I'm still in Japan, but no longer teaching English, would love to have another go at it- I'm living in a different place, different job. As I said, though, my schedule just wouldn't work for it right now. Perhaps the photos will help inspire someone else to take on the project, though.
    Feb 2, 2012, 12:18 AM - Re: Looking for help from a Fett abroad #5

This is a great project!