Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. skygunbro is offline skygunbro
    Dec 10, 2007, 10:11 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #51

Let me get a couple things cleared up:

I never dumped on the admin here...just was wondering why certain behavior goes unchecked....I understand in the end people are responsible for their own behavior and there isnt much that can be done.

As for libel comments I have had my name an rep. dragged through the mud here a couple times when I was accused of recasting or possible attempting to recast... this went un checked.....

I can admit when Im wrong I do all the time and Im wrong all the time. But I responded to a "WHATS YOUR OPINION" thread and you came in and so graciously corrected me as you put it....Fine.. but admit it or not it was done in a very snide and condescending way.....

Being in the position you are and having the status you have I was surprised to see the comment from you.I figured you would lead by example....and act and treat others in a way you would expect the rest of the board members to act.

Read above alot of others feel the same as me so its not just my imagination I just happen to be stupid enough to say it outloud.

This thread wasnt started to make a dramatic exit or have a soap opera ending it was started for the sole purpose of saying goodbye to my friends I have made on here and to explain a little why I was going... I have made alot of friends and for me to PM them individually would take awhile.
    Think what you want I know why I did it and thats all that matters.

Brak maybe some time we can put this behind us and be "good" again on a personal level. Feel free to email me at skygunbrojpw@yahoo.com I will make my phone number available and we can disguss this like adults.I feel further posting will be counter productive.And im sure you would agree.
    This has turned into a skygunbro vs. Braks show so I think we should take it private and let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled program.-
    Dec 10, 2007, 10:29 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #52

wow, just wow..
    Dec 10, 2007, 10:56 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #53

Im sorry to hear that your no longer going to be a major part of the TDH community, and hope the best for you.

As a neutral view on this, I think this quarrel should remain private. Its not fair to the newer memers that they have to see this.

-tubachris
    Dec 10, 2007, 11:03 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #54

take care of yourself.
    Last edited by InfraFett; Dec 10, 2007 at 11:10 PM.
    Dec 10, 2007, 11:06 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #55

SGB, I thought you were one of the gods (in a very non-elitest way)on TDH! Good luck to you.

P.S. Thanks to all of the others that have treated newbies like me well. Wizard of Flight you rock!

Jake
    Dec 11, 2007, 9:00 AM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #56

I hate to see battles going on in any forums but unfortunately they do. I feel TDH is one of the places where they happen far less frequently than on other boards... if you think this place is bad... go play on the RPF for a few weeks.

Jason, I'm sorry to see you leaving... I'm sad to see anyone leave this great community. Especially someone with talents to offer the membership such as you have. You've been a great help to many people (including myself... I wear one of your flightsuits) and feel that you leaving is a shame. I hope you reconsider.

Braks, I think even you might want to look at some of the comments you made and think about how others may view them. You might be surprised to see that some do come off as elitist. Sorry bud.

Everyone... take five and chill. This community has a lot to offer everyone and I feel if everyone just took a step back and a deep breath they might see that it will be alright again.
  7. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Dec 11, 2007, 9:22 AM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #57

Quote webchief said: View Post
    Braks, I think even you might want to look at some of the comments you made and think about how others may view them. You might be surprised to see that some do come off as elitist. Sorry bud.
    No worries. If I am wrong or came across in a wrong light, then you, and the board have my apology. My intension is never to come across as an elitest. I am no better than anyone here and while I would like to think my contributions have been helpful, they are no more important than the contributions of anyone else. I simply weary of the seemingly growing trend to bash the old guard and to have an entitlement mentality when it comes to certain pieces or certain runs. I also grow very tired of hearing the administration bashed because they didn't handle issue x exactly as a particular member believes it should be handled and therefore the administration is clearly corrupt and showing favoritism. I get tired of the negativity and the desire to dogpile at every turn. I get tired of those with agendas and tired of those who imagine everyone has an agenda.

I have been here as long as anyone. I love this board. I love the community. I honestly believe this to be the best run board in the prop community with the best members. I simply hate seeing it tear itself apart.

While I stand by my statements, if I came across overly harsh in the way I said them, you have my sincere apology.
    Dec 11, 2007, 9:26 AM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #58

Quote webchief said: View Post
    I hate to see battles going on in any forums but unfortunately they do. I feel TDH is one of the places where they happen far less frequently than on other boards... if you think this place is bad... go play on the RPF for a few weeks.

it's true. sad but true. you wouldn't think a bunch of people making props could be so angry sometimes

If you think threads about recasting or shoddy work here can get ugly, you should see some of the posts on replica prop forum.
    Dec 11, 2007, 10:02 AM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #59

Wow! I cannot believe some of the posts I've read! This is still just a hobby, right?
    Dec 11, 2007, 10:19 AM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #60

This is very saddening, partly because I now know I will never get my hands on a skygunbro flightsuit, but mostly because an essential part of our community is departing. Thanks for all you've done, skygunbro. Catch ya on the flipside.
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Dec 11, 2007, 6:05 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #61

My two-cent, random thoughts... Take 'em for what they are. Just observations by a guy trying to make a Fett costume (very slowly), and a fan of many forums... (I'm writing this as first person, but it's just because it's easier.)
    (and it is aimed at NO one! Purely commentary)

1) I do hate to see old school people use the, "Use the search function, newb" line. I used to get it quite often when starting out here, and other places. Please don't insult my intelligence. I DID try the search. Because of my newness, maybe I didn't know the right term, and came up empty. If you feel compelled to reply, make it something like "try searching for X". Or like someone pointed out, if you take the time to reply with a jab, maybe reply with a link instead. That way you're not "wasting" your time writing out a reply that already exists..

2) There are COUNTLESS, incredibly talented people here. With talent comes some ego (usually). Heads are going to to butt. Chill out. No offense to anyone, but I think the most impressive work done here is by the scratch builders. I like what their hand crafted stuff represents. Don't let your abilities make you jerk. Have some humility.

3) All the arguments about who knows what the exact specs and measurements are very tiresome. At the end of the day, we're building costumes, not building artificial hearts. It's not that important at the end of the day. Do you HAVE to correct people every time with your absolutely accurate information? When people like Jeremy Bulloch (sp?) say they aren't sure about some things, how can you be so sure?

3a) I remember one battle about accuracy degrading into threats of physical violence. Are you kidding me? You want to get into a fist fight over costume building? Give me a break. Getting worked up to the point of violence over something we all supposedly enjoy. That's just dumb.

4) People getting pressured to not detail their work because others feel they won't be as special anymore is just crazy. One of the first threads I read, and was inspired by, was a beautifully detailed tutorial of a beautifully painted helmet. I was going through catching up, getting more and more excited by every addition, then BAM. It stopped because the author was asked by other painters to not give up "trade" secrets. Their profits were more important than this person just showing off something they were proud of, and wanted to share. Yep. That's the community spirit.

5) And truth be told, I hate threads like this. Yes there are always going to be things you disagree with, and others are going to disagree with you. Unless you have totally lost interest in all this, then why leave? Why cheat yourself out of something you enjoy? Be the bigger person, and don't let "them" beat you down. Everyone has some supporters, admireres, etc. Find comfort in your, and ignore the static.
    Dec 11, 2007, 6:33 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #62

Quote Jaster TK-1580 said: View Post
    This is very saddening, partly because I now know I will never get my hands on a skygunbro flightsuit, but mostly because an essential part of our community is departing. Thanks for all you've done, skygunbro. Catch ya on the flipside.

you're telling me.

my old SGB suit doesn't fit me anymore, i was hoping to get a new one,. in fact i've been at it for months trying to get something arranged. now this....

after two years i was bound to grow out of it, but i thought jason would definitely be around long enough to come through for me again.

sucks don't it?
    Dec 11, 2007, 7:06 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #63

Kibosh, I could not have said it any better!
    Dec 12, 2007, 5:35 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #64

Of all the things said on this thread, Kibosh I think you hit the nail on the head, especially the part regarding building costumes, not artificial hearts...that was pure gold
    Dec 12, 2007, 6:46 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #65

Quote kibosh said: View Post

3a) I remember one battle about accuracy degrading into threats of physical violence. Are you kidding me? You want to get into a fist fight over costume building? Give me a break. Getting worked up to the point of violence over something we all supposedly enjoy. That's just dumb.

true dat brotha!

womo
    Dec 12, 2007, 8:15 PM - Re: LATER friends On the TDH #66

Shucks, guess I'll throw my artificial heart away.

J/K. I lurk mostly these days. I remember being the noob and wanting to fit in. My self esteem wasn't based on fitting in, but I just wanted to be part of something cool and sometimes I did feel like part of the gang. TDH is still awesome, though, no doubts there. There's nothing like it. At the end of the day, like mentioned above, it's just a costume. I stopped trying to perfect my Jango and just enjoyed wearing it. Back to lurking.