Just a thought about the shin tool rubber strips...

Just a thought about the shin tool rubber strips...

ya know i was building a set of shintools today for one of my commission builds and somethinmg hit me. The rubber strips we take out of the squeege..they look like the "weird" t-track found on some ESB/ROTJ E-11 Stormtrooper blasters...i wonder if thats what it was? I need to find pics to see if its a dead match, but it sure looks ALOT like it. Just thinkin out loud.

Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jul 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Just a thought about the shin tool rubber strips...

Nah, they used trim used to make kitchen drawers slide smoothly on top of them. Imagine how many squeegees they'd have to cut up for this scene...

haha i know, but i have seen blasters with wierd t-track that looked similar to the rubber from the squeege (i added a pic on top now)

They were only ESB and ROTJ ones ive seen with them, not ANH. That pic is from ANH (as im sure you know lol)

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Well, the ESB E-11's had the same, with the exception for a propstore of london that has been confirmed that it was dressed up afterwards by them, and the ROTJ I think is pretty much confirmed to be metal U-track. But if you think exclusively on the ROTJ E-11's then maybe, maybe there could be room for one somewhere. I see what you mean is what I'm trying to say.

yea...i may be off of course, it just looked so much like it to me. I think i was thinking of that propstore ESB one. eh..just a thought lol

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Not a bad idea though.

locitus said: View Post
    Not a bad idea though.
    heh yea..if i ever build a ROTJ blaster, i may just use them. Im sure ill have a few more commissions with shintools so im just gonna hold onto those rubber strips....ya never know lol