Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESB

54 70.13%
  • AOSW

23 29.87%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 25, 2008, 6:55 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #51

Quote Seven said: View Post
    ESB all the way.

I honestly don't know why more people don't do a straight ESB screen version instead of the AOSW. Granted we have better/more reference of the AOSW, but it's still not original.

Specifically for JB project, I think it would be more sentimental to recreate what it looked like when he first wore the costume, not to replicate the condition it's in now. Just my 2 cents.

This guy said it pretty well, Pure ESB All the way vod.

Either way, it's looking great so far! Everyone is doing an excellent job so far! Can't wait to see it all put together

-Naas
  2. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Feb 25, 2008, 6:55 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #52

Quote Spideyfett said: View Post
    no prob...trust me I don't think the Mods want me in charge of the Contol panel...LOL!
    I never set up a poll so I thought the person setting it up were the ones in control of it, made sense to me when I thought it up
    Feb 25, 2008, 7:14 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #53

Well, I voted... BUT I was being selfish, ESB Ref is hard to come by so heck why not have one of the best painters give me that helmet ref.

Other than that I don't really care which way it goes, Spidey has done an awesome job!
    Feb 25, 2008, 8:01 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #54

I would vote for the ESB screen accurate paintscheme being that it's one of the only two versions of the suit Mr. Bulloch actually wore on film. (The AOSW helmet is actually my favorite version: black splatter, blue marker, crack repair and all). That being said, wasn't that silver scuff on the left cheek right below the rectangle 'supposed' to be on the ESB hero helmet and the latex just didn't get peeled off (but later came off)? The only reason I mention this is that there is a picture of what appears to be an ESB stunt helmet in the book 'From Star Wars to Indiana Jones: The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives' and it HAS that particular scratch. So by INTENTION, that particular scratch IS screen accurate.

By the way, It's lookin' AWESOME Spidey, so just keep doing what your doing!
    Feb 25, 2008, 8:19 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #55

I say go with what you have the most reference material for...minus the blue sharpie marks.
  6. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Feb 25, 2008, 8:24 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #56

The Jet Pack Is Painted PURE ESB (no matter what FETTPRIDE says )
    I used reference pics from the movie or prior.

Now, on to the helmet.
    here's my opinion;
    Who gives a rip?
    I mean really.
    When all is said & done , is it really going to matter ?
    No, it isn't
    so lighten up, give it a rest, & move on with your lives.

I feel so much better now that I've voiced my opinion
    will it make a difference?
    no.
  7. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 25, 2008, 10:09 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #57

Looks like I know which direction I'm going.......................ROTJ!!! ...
  8. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Feb 25, 2008, 10:13 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #58

That's how all the cool people wear their Boba's anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	22964  
  9. Feb 25, 2008, 10:16 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #59

Pure ESB screen accurate all the way!

Have you asked JB what he wants?
    Feb 25, 2008, 10:34 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #60

I can't imagine for a moment that anyone outside of TDH would even be able to tell the difference between ESB and AOSW.

Heck, at a 501st event a while ago webchief and I were both suited up at different times, and patrons at the museum didn't even realize it was two people! He's 5" taller than me, AND he's got an ESB helmet and mine's RotJ.

So really, quibbling over AOSW vs. ESB just seems sorta pointless to me
    Feb 25, 2008, 10:34 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #61

'bout time y'all smartened up!
  12. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Feb 26, 2008, 12:08 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #62

Was there ever another REASONABLE choice? You know the sad thing is, Jeremy asked for ESB, but you could prob give him an RotJ helmet and he would never know the difference. As much as I love the guy, you have to remember that he was the one, years ago, who ASSURED us both the helmet and the jet pack were made of metal...
    Feb 26, 2008, 8:23 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #63

Straight ESB just as HE wore it. We are doing this for him not us.....
    Feb 26, 2008, 8:31 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #64

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    That's how all the cool people wear their Boba's anyway.
    Amen to that RotJ brother!

Love that "fresh out of the sarlacc" look!
    Last edited by mixmastermace; Feb 26, 2008 at 8:52 AM.
  15. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 26, 2008, 8:53 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #65

Quote Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    Was there ever another REASONABLE choice? You know the sad thing is, Jeremy asked for ESB, but you could prob give him an RotJ helmet and he would never know the difference. As much as I love the guy, you have to remember that he was the one, years ago, who ASSURED us both the helmet and the jet pack were made of metal...
    Actually, you'd be Very surprised.... He does know the difference....when you come in April (cough cough) you can ask him.
    Feb 26, 2008, 9:52 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #66

I voted ESB. I think it would be best to give him something that would remind him of what it was like when he first wore it. I think basing it off of how it looks now after years of damages from transportation and lack of care would NOT do the original suit, let alone, the original actor, any form of justice.
  17. Feb 26, 2008, 10:03 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #67

If you think about it, his comments that the "Helmet & Jet Pack" were made of metal were really not that far off, considering the helmet had an aluminum stalk and ear pieces and a metal dental tool in the cheek. The rocket & thruster end caps, stabelizer, beacon, harness hooks were all made of aluminum and other various metal pieces.

When I was @ C4 I came over to his autograph table in my ESB suit, it happened to be during a time when the crowd had died down, so we spoke for about 15-20 minutes. He commented on the quite a few details on the suit.

1. That the helmet had the wider flair to it, as opposed to many of the other helmets that he had seen that seemed much narrower.

2. The gauntlets were a lighter green than the rest of the armor.

3. The gloves had the correct shape and amount of padding to them, along with the button closure at the base of the wrist.

4. The flight suit was a lighter blue.

5. The side arm blaster.

There's was a few other details that we talked about, but you get the idea.

For an actor, you have to give him credit, he took good note of his wardrobe for a role that pretty much defined his career!

18. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Feb 26, 2008, 10:50 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #68

Well said GBH...
    When I talk to him about the Project, he seems pretty knowledgable about all the pieces and variations... so I think he knows more than what we all think.

Plus for the last few months off and on he's been reading these threads.....so he's gotta know by now.
    Feb 26, 2008, 2:27 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #69

Technically, he doesnt even need a outfit to be 'acurate'. Just thought id throw that up.

I mean, was there ever a more acurate boba fett? Technically everything you add makes him _less_ acurate

Joking of course, because im bored and I have no other real talents
    Feb 26, 2008, 5:44 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #70

I voted ESB because thats what he wore. AOSW was worn by Don Bies.

So its not really that he wouldnt know the difference, its just that it seems more right to have it pure ESB.

But I also dont see the big deal with including some AOSW damage. Some of it really is obviously damge to a prop and would make people say "Looks like you need to Bondo that crack up." ( Also the blue marker, and bondo smudges are out)

But other damage blends right in. I'm not talking about JB's helmet including this damage, but I dont see why some people are so against a hybrid. I would be happy with one with the silver on the cheek, the damage to the paintjob, and maybe even the black marks. It still looks like an ESB helmet.

So again, pure ESB movie for JB and the rest of you lighten up. Its only a movie. lol
  21. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Feb 26, 2008, 10:08 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #71

Quote Galactic Bounty Hunter said: View Post
    If you think about it, his comments that the "Helmet & Jet Pack" were made of metal were really not that far off, considering the helmet had an aluminum stalk and ear pieces and a metal dental tool in the cheek. The rocket & thruster end caps, stabelizer, beacon, harness hooks were all made of aluminum and other various metal pieces.
    I think you might be reaching a bit there, but I can understand why. Jeremy may have been educated by the fans in the past few years, but I can tell you, 4 or 5 years ago, his knowledge of the suit was exceedingly limited. You seem to feel that takes away from him but it doesn't. He is an ACTOR, not a prop guy. I really don't have an expectation of him to know the ins and outs of the suit. The fact is, he is simply one of the nicest and most outgoing members of the cast I have seen and does more for his fans than anyone. What he knows or doesn't know pales in comparison to his amazing personality.
  22. Feb 26, 2008, 10:49 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #72

I think you might be reaching a bit there, but The fact is, he is simply one of the nicest and most outgoing members of the cast I have seen and does more for his fans than anyone. What he knows or doesn't know pales in comparison to his amazing personality.
    Brak's, you'll get no disagreement from me on that point, that's for sure!

ALL HAIL ESB!!!

Feb 26, 2008, 11:33 PM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #73

EDIT: wasn't constuctive to the thread

Sorry for the Rant!!!!!!!

I'm really glad that everybody else has seemes to have a good time meeting him, & I really hope he appreciates all the hard work that all you guys are putting in to this suit!!! It is astounding what you guys have achieved so far!!!
    D
    Last edited by Jango's kid; Feb 26, 2008 at 11:55 PM.
    Feb 27, 2008, 12:06 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #74

As long as it has green gauntlets & a green Jp, I think he's gonna be happy.
  25. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Feb 27, 2008, 12:13 AM - Re: JB Project/ Screen version vs. AOSW or nonscreen version. #75

Quote Jango's kid said: View Post
    As long as it has green gauntlets & a green Jp, I think he's gonna be happy.
    Got the Green Jet Pack covered