Jawa Costume

From
    USA

Jawa Costume

Ok, maybe I've gone a bit overboard, but I need some input. So far, I've spend over $400 on a Jawa costume and I'm not finished. I'll probably spend another $150-$225. I'm custom making everything. When I first started I thought $150-$200 TOPS. Is this unusual? I mean, it's looking unbelieveable but is there some way to cut the cost? The parts I still have left to do are the holster, blaster, and droid caller. I've already ordered a resin blaster and a friend is making the holster. I just have to buy the leather, laces, and dye for the holster and the paint for the blaster. Still no droid caller though. Any suggestions or tips would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Last edited by totallyice; Mar 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM.

From
    Pittsburgh

Re: Jawa Costume

I wouldn't be surprised. $400 on a Jawa costume doesn't seem too bad. People here will spends thousands on Fett just to get it together and say "this needs upgraded, this needs redyed" etc.... ha It's an expensive hobby.

El1te

Can't wait to see some pics!

From
    USA

Ok, so my sons costume is about 95% complete, so I thought I'd post some pics to see what you guys think. I still have to hem the sleeves and tweak the hood a bit. Also have to weather it. I'm ALWAYS open to suggestions and comments!

Ha ha, I've always found Jawas to be funny guys.

From
    Massachusetts

Looks like you're off to a good start but I'd be concerned with the hood. It looks to me like a draw string hoodie rather than a Jawa hood. The opening is all bunched up in a circle and just doesn't have the right look to it IMO.

From
    USA

webchief said: View Post
    Looks like you're off to a good start but I'd be concerned with the hood. It looks to me like a draw string hoodie rather than a Jawa hood. The opening is all bunched up in a circle and just doesn't have the right look to it IMO.

I totally agree. I am not happy at all with the hood. I've found a couple other patterns that I'm gonna try out. Anyone have any patterns, I'd be very appreciative.