ipod touch

From
    San Francisco, CA

ipod touch

Hey everybody, hope ur hollidays are going good.

Im plannin on gettin an ipod touch, has anybody here purchased one yet?
    or what are ur thoughts on em?

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: ipod touch

it's an iphone you can't call people with. save yourself some heartache and sorrow and get a classic.

From
    Calgary, Alberta

I got a 16 gig ipod touch about a month ago, I love it. I use it to surf TDH frequently.

IMHO I would not want people interrupting my music experience by calling me, so I like having my phone seperate from my ipod. My only problem with these 1st generation touch models is that 16 gigs is the largest in terms of storage. So if you are used to having a ton of storage you might want to get a classic and wait till they release one with a bigger flash memory.

I've had an i-pod touch for about a month and, IMO it's great. I have the 8gb model and there's plenty of space for all my tunes and video. You can also listen to podcasts, and surf the web from basically anywhere. (As long as there is a signal of course.) My one complaint is the battery dies after watching a couple of videos. Despite the battery problem I would still recommend it.

i've got an iphone and i love it... like folks have said, the touch is basically just an iphone without the phone.

a lot of my TDH time over the last couple of days has been from the ipod

From
    Katy, Texas

I, personally, LOVE mine. I do pretty much everything on it.

From
    Annandale, VA

I've got the iPhone. Amazing device. It really does make all other hand-held devices seem so... so last century. And I prefer having everything in one small device, that also happens to do everything really well.

Personally, I can't wait until Apple comes out with a PADD (ST-TNG), essentially a pad touch screen computer. It's going to happen eventually.

TD-1536 said: View Post
    Personally, I can't wait until Apple comes out with a PADD (ST-TNG), essentially a pad touch screen computer. It's going to happen eventually.
    ditto. my wife's powerbook could use replacing. so i'll take one of those and give her my macbook

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i got the 80 gig classic for christmas and i'm really happy with it so far. 15gb-ish of music on it so far, and using winff i'm converting all my videos to mp4. i'll end up using all the space and start complaining that i need the 160gb

saint_nasty said: View Post
    i got the 80 gig classic for christmas and i'm really happy with it so far. 15gb-ish of music on it so far, and using winff i'm converting all my videos to mp4. i'll end up using all the space and start complaining that i need the 160gb
    i hear ya... i'm going from a 30 gig down to 8 on the iphone, and it's tough.

i'm using handbrake for mac to convert DVDs to ipod video format. ESB was around 250 megs, which isn't bad at all.

i don't know the software you're using, but the big thing i found was making sure the video isn't better quality than the ipod can do.

my DVDs were defaulting to 720x480, but i scaled them down to the size of my screen. i also played with the bitrate on the encoder to get it as low as possible without artifacts.

fun stuff!

saint_nasty said: View Post
    I bought my son the 80 gig classic as well. He prefers having more HD space, then having the internet at his finger tips and said it is one more monthly bill he did not want to have. It really depends on what your are looking for.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

internet at my fingertips is why i'm getting a moto Q next time my phone contract is up for renewal.

From
    Annandale, VA

LadySewforus said: View Post
    I bought my son the 80 gig classic as well. He prefers having more HD space, then having the internet at his finger tips and said it is one more monthly bill he did not want to have. It really depends on what your are looking for.
    But an iPod Touch does not require a monthly subscription fee... it connects to any Wi-Fi router, generally speaking for free.