Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iPhone 3g[s]?

iPhone 3g[s]?

Anyone else take the plunge on day 1?

The Apple store near me was REALLY well organized... it took about 25 minutes to get in, get the phone, activate it and get back out. Not bad at all!

I went from a 1st gen to this, so I'm all excited over the faster net access, though the extra $10 a month for it stinks.

Re: iPhone 3g[s]?

I'm debating the upgrade. Is the service plan $10 higher? Is that for SMS or something?

the gen 1 data plan was $20. it's $30 now, so i'm up to $10 more. the prices haven't changed from the 3g iphone, as far as i know.

From
    Iowa

What are the differences from the 3g to the 3gs? I know that a big one is the 3gs has a video camera, correct?

Kody

Way too pricey if you don't qualify for the discount... which would be me.

From
    Oakdale, CA

What are your plans for your original phone???

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

Picking mine up next tueday, can't wait

Jailbreaking my 2G with 3.0 as we speak. wheee!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I have a Gen 1 and can't justify the upgrade. Maybe next go round... Or maybe Rich will talk me into a Pre...

From
    The miserable mill

I would have gotten one, but I just got a $261 speeding ticket yesterday, as a cop caught me on my acceleration after finally passing 2 dumb trucks i had been stuck behind for 2 miles that were nearly destroying my windshield.

so... i guess i'll have to wait a couple weeks before i spend that money again

my g1 iphone is toast, won't even connect to the network to receive calls or texts if it's on sleep modi can't even go a day without charging it

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

I still can't bring myself to get excited about the iphone. but I'm too much of a treo man, and I can't upgrade until february. my next phone is going to be the treo pro.

From
    Dune Sea aka. Arizona

I should've waited a few more months...

But I'm happy with my iPhone as it is... (compared with the piece of ... erm... you know what I had before). Compared to that... my phone is pure bliss! Even outdated as it is...

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

I love my 3g. I don't qualify for the upgrade until mid July. I am curious to see the speed difference. The camera is supposed to be better. 3 mega pixels now vs/2 and an auto focus. The compass looks pretty cool too. I am a sucker for tech toys.

From
    Annandale, VA

I'm perfectly happy with the 3G, it does all I need.

TD-1536 said: View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with the 3G, it does all I need.
    if i had a 3g i'd have probably stuck with it. my 8 gig 1st gen was just too small. the new camera is nice, as is the video capability, but i don't think i'd have jumped for just that.

we activated my old one for my wife today, so now we're a 2 iphone family.

From
    THE OC , Southern Cali

Anyone know what the cheapest monthly plan is on these phone. I rarely talk on my phone (use less than like 400 mins) but txt and internet on mine paying around $50+ right now

the iphone is your regular minute plan plus $30 a month for data.

From
    The miserable mill

stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    if i had a 3g i'd have probably stuck with it. my 8 gig 1st gen was just too small. the new camera is nice, as is the video capability, but i don't think i'd have jumped for just that.

we activated my old one for my wife today, so now we're a 2 iphone family.

i'm in the same boat as you, i was holding off on buying the 3g because i knew as soon as i did the new one would come out.

i luckily saw it coming and have been researching for the past three months all the undercover apple stuff.it was a big tip off when they ordered a ton of 16gb chips.

i figured it'd be out before summer...now here we are

how is the autofocus? my girlfriend doesn't always bring a camera everywhere we go and sometimes we see something amazing we'd like to capture and the 1st gen iphone can take some god awful pictures if you don't have it perfectly steady

From
    chico, ca

I'm gonna pick up this phone as soon as one hits the shelves near me. I'm using the Gen1 iphone and it's pretty much dead... can't wait to replace it

From
    Sunny SoCal

I got into a new phone with a 2 year plan about a month before the 1st gen hit. A couple of friends got it and I have been dying for one ever since. I knew the new one was coming out so I waited for it and was there the morning the 3gs came out. I freaking love that thing! It is so fast on the internet. I highly recommend it. Luckily my hubby works for the USPS so we get a discount on service.

the camera is better than the 1st gen. the way they do the focusing is interesting... it picks the area it thinks you mean, but you can tap the screen to select a new area. more interesting than the focus though is that it adjusts exposure too, based on the focal point. not bad for a camera phone.

From
    The miserable mill

sweet, will be replacing my g1 iphone sometime in july i think, just waiting to hear about any bugs

From
    Hitchins, KY (Don't feel bad...no one else has heard of it either...)

Tim Allen said: View Post
    Anyone know what the cheapest monthly plan is on these phone. I rarely talk on my phone (use less than like 400 mins) but txt and internet on mine paying around $50+ right now
    You have to have at a minimum a current plan of $39.99. If you have a grandfathered plan (older) you have to go to one of the new plans. The 39.99 plan has 450 daytime (anytime) minutes with rollover, 5000 night and weekend minutes (9pm to 6am) and unlimited mobile to mobile (AT&T customers.) You also have to have the iPhone data plan ($30.00 for the 3G and 3G S) but it includes no text messages. Text plans start at $5.00 for 200 messages (incoming and outgoing both count towards your package), $15.00 for 1500 messages, and $20.00 for unlimited messaging. So if you are looking for the bottom line:

39.99 - minimum rate plan cost
    30.00 - data plan
    -----
    69.99 + fees and taxes (this doesn't include any messaging. Add the appropriate amount for the messaging plan that covers your usage.)

From
    Sunny SoCal

There are a few apps in the app store that have free texting. I've been using one and it works fine. It has a 25 texts a day limit but I'll never go over that. You can go up to a app that is $5.99 that is unlimited for a year.

From
    Limerick, Ireland

If any of you good folks want to get rid of your old phone let me know - I need some multitouch control for [edit] OSC [/edit] (a music thing for college) and the 3gs here are €750!!!
    Last edited by mckenic; Jul 1, 2009 at 6:47 PM.