Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    Aug 21, 2009, 1:15 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #76

It's been a while. Any word Lucksy?
    Aug 24, 2009, 3:12 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #77

I would jump on these guys, as I couldnt sell a resin and foam filled stock for less than that, because of the time and money involved in making them.

So to anyone that wants one of my kits, ill take $20 right off the top if you dont want the stock!.
    Aug 24, 2009, 3:50 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #78

Quote Lath Toth said: View Post
    It's been a while. Any word Lucksy?
    Nope, no word at all. I was topping by his shop on a weekly basis, with NO progress. Then that turned into phone calls, and I haven't had much time to follow up with him. I feel awful that it didn't pan out, but at least no one is out of any money. Sorry guys.

If anything happens with them i'll be sure to post up.

-Scott
    Aug 25, 2009, 9:50 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #79

No worries, vod. You did what you could.
    Aug 27, 2009, 10:20 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #80

Guys,
    After some recent prodding, I contacted the carpenter again and let him know how disappointed I was. He thouroughly apologized, and explained his overwhelming workload, as well as lack of profit he would make. It took MUCH longer to make than he anticipated, and the walnut was VERY, VERY expensive.
    I got a call today to come by his shop, so I of course I stopped by. To my surprise, he had completed (2) stocks!!!! I had NOT ever gotten mine either, so needless to say I was psyched and in disbelief. So, i'm going to take one and there is currently (1) spare, for now.
    He apologized again, and said to make this worth his while, he would need to charge considerably more than he first offered. HE would like to get $100 shipped for this one, due to the high cost of the walnut and the amount of work that it took to make this. Are there any woodworkers out there that can confirm that this cost is accurate for this amount of work and this type of wood? I just don't know enough about wood to say either way. If there's still interest, he'll do a few at a time and let me know.
    Anyways, if someone does want it, just post up and it's yours. I'll PM you HIS PayPal addy if interested. 1st come, 1st serve. Sorry I couldn't do better, but it's completly out of my control.
    They are SUPER lightweight, hard as a rock, and the wood is SO dark, it's amazing. Here's a few pics to show how NICE these are:

Like I said, if you DO happen to still want it, just post up.
    Aug 27, 2009, 10:40 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #81

Oohhh....nice! I wish I had $100 to spare right now. I'd jump right on it.
    Aug 28, 2009, 2:59 AM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #82

Is there anyone out there who knows anyone who can make these from a cheaper, lighter wood ? If it has any grain, it would still look good, then just stain it.
    Aug 28, 2009, 2:55 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #83

Walnut is very expensive. Even more so if you wanted to use English Black Walnut(which is what they used to make the stocks on the original Webleys).
    You're looking at about $30 for a piece just barely big enough to make the stock. Then it'll take you about 2 days to shape it properly.
    Then another 2 days to stain it, sand it, stain it again, sand it one more time, and clear coat it.
    So yeah,
    $100 per stock sounds about right with all of the work involved.
  9. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Aug 31, 2009, 9:23 AM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #84

Walnut is not Cheap.. but if this is for ESB, then it's totally correct...so the extra charge is warrented. Let me know when to pay, I'm still in.

***OH and Please don't stain mine, if at all possible.... I want mine plain.
  10. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Aug 31, 2009, 9:29 AM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #85

Just noticed... you have the back side (butt of the gun) too rounded off.
    Should be flat.

Aug 31, 2009, 10:02 AM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #86

Spidey, Good eye. I have it here in front of me and I didn't see that. I called Greg, and let him know. He said that he'll take $50 shipped for it since it's not "perfect". It's up to you, otheriwse still up for grabs. He also said that he'll continue to make these, as his time permits, and when there's a lull in his shop. As he makes them and offers them, i'll keep posting them here for others.
    Last edited by Lucksy31; Aug 31, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Aug 31, 2009, 12:11 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #87

Quote FettDad said: View Post
    hey Scott, just out of curiosity, will the wood stocks be lighter than say the solid resin stocks? like the ones that come with the sidewinder kit? thanks...
    Just to touch base on this as well, the Walnut stock is MAYBE 1/4 of the weight of the resin. My ROTJ blaster is SO much lighter, and comforatble to carry, it's rediculous. I was really surprised HOW light it was, and also how HARD this wood is. You can knock on it and there's a "THUD".

I would really like to see this through for everyone, is there still interest if I get him to agree to $75(shipped), and a timetable??

If so, i'll start a new thread.....
    Aug 31, 2009, 4:47 PM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #88

I'm still up for one, just let me know when there's a 'perfect' one ready for me and I'll PP you, unless you need the payment in advance?
    Sep 1, 2009, 11:03 AM - Re: Interest\signup for Hand Crafted, Wooden, EE-3 Webley Stocks #89

Quote mrmandalore said: View Post
    .....unless you need the payment in advance?

No No NO, there will be NO pre-payments. I made that request of him. When there's something in hand to ship, then he'll let me know. Once they're ready, you send HIM payment(not me).