Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Mereel's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Posts
    262
    Jul 4, 2009, 6:41 AM - I didn't know that.. #1

    I got the idea for this thread from another forum where I'm a member at. Basically the idea is to post a fact or the like that you never knew before, or that someone else would find interesting. The difference between this one and the original idea, is to post facts relating to Star Wars. Who knows, this might turn into a pretty popular thread. At least that's my aim in doing it. So I'll go first with a few facts for you guys.

    1. Attack of The Clones is the only movie in the series in which the camera pans up instead of down after the opening crawl.

    2. Cin Drallig, the Jedi master shown fighting Darth Vader in the Jedi Temple's security hologram in ROTS was portrayed by stunt coordinator for all three prequel films, Nick Gillard.

    3. The pilot of the Tantive IV in ROTS shown escorting Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Senator Organa back to Coruscant is none other than Jeremy Bulloch.

    4. The Millenium Falcon can be seen flying into the Senate Building docks in the beginning of the scene right after crash of the remains of the Invisible Hand. Of course during the Clone Wars it had a different owner and a different name.


    So, if you know somethings that you'd like to share, post 'em here folks.
  2. Mereel's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Posts
    262
    Jul 5, 2009, 4:21 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #2

    I just found something out tonight when I was watching Return of The Jedi with the Audio Commentary turned on. The one Imperial Officer that sneaks up on Han, Leia, and the other Rebels in the Control Bunker on Endor and then gets hit by a tool bag that Han throws at him, which causes him to fall over the railing was played by Ben Burtt, the Sound Designer and Editor of all the Star Wars movies.
  3. Timmer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    368
    Jul 5, 2009, 10:14 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #3

    Maybe everyone knows this, but it's still a fun fact ( and I'm sure there are tons of sound facts )

    The TIE fighter sound is essentially an elephants trumpeting sound played backwards and touched up a bit. I always picture elephants now when the TIE's fly by.
  4. formerly LOPERO Scoutleader's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    610
    Jul 5, 2009, 10:31 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #4

    In ANH for the landspeeder scenes with the droids,Ben and Luke that were shot using models, the Six Million Dollar Man(Steve Austin) action figure was used for Luke.
  5. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    Jul 5, 2009, 12:11 PM - Re: I didn't know that.. #5

    Until yesterday, I didn't know that the PP1, PP3 and ESB armor were all unique sets of very similarly painted armor, and not the same armor, retouched.
  6. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 5, 2009, 12:25 PM - Re: I didn't know that.. #6

    Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Until yesterday, I didn't know that the PP1, PP3 and ESB armor were all unique sets of very similarly painted armor, and not the same armor, retouched.
    You can't say that and after leave the place! C'mon, tell me more PP3 and ESB are not the same armor repainted?
  7. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    Jul 5, 2009, 12:43 PM - Re: I didn't know that.. #7

    Take a look for yourself. VERY similar paint scheme but not the same. Can't think of ANY reason why they would repaint somemthing with so little change. Always thought the PP1 progressed to the PP3 which progressed to the ESB. While some pieces were more clearly reused, the simple progression we previously believed in, no longer seems to be the case. I guess I shouldn't tell you that not only this, but yesterday, TD and I believe we have identified the current location of at least one of the ESB breast plates...
  8. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 6, 2009, 2:14 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #8

    PP1 definetly is not the same armor as PP3. Some of the PP1 pieces were used for the 'mix' promotional costume (with RotJ helmet, PP2 pieces, PP1 pieces, etc.) while PP3 already existed.

    The gauntlets of the PP3 look exactly the same as the PP3 ones.

    I will study this in deep About the ESB plate... I can't wait to hear more news
  9. papamurf812's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    64
    Jul 6, 2009, 2:38 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #9

    Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Take a look for yourself. VERY similar paint scheme but not the same. Can't think of ANY reason why they would repaint somemthing with so little change. Always thought the PP1 progressed to the PP3 which progressed to the ESB. While some pieces were more clearly reused, the simple progression we previously believed in, no longer seems to be the case. I guess I shouldn't tell you that not only this, but yesterday, TD and I believe we have identified the current location of at least one of the ESB breast plates...
    If it is obtainable, is there any possibility of TDH members to get a cast off of it? And if we had one breast plate, we could do what bobamaker did when replicating the Jango breast plate. Granted, you'd have to worry about dents and stuff, but it would be amazing to use the actual piece.
  10. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,218
    Jul 6, 2009, 3:27 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #10

    Quote KaanE said: View Post

    The gauntlets of the PP3 look exactly the same as the PP3 ones.
    Think you meant to say PP1 are the exact same as PP3 and I agree.
  11. CombatBaby's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,346
    Jul 6, 2009, 3:49 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #11

    I didn't know that any of the stormtrooper costumes were different until i starting doing props 8 years ago
  12. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jul 6, 2009, 4:52 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #12

    Quote ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Think you meant to say PP1 are the exact same as PP3 and I agree.
    Exactly
  13. Timmer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    368
    Jul 6, 2009, 8:38 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #13

    Another one that may be known, but still irks me,

    In RotS, Sidious and Mace fight, look closely at Sidious's saber, in some shots it's Anakins.


    Grievous fights Obi-Wan, his sabers are all screwed up, Some that he loses reappear, switch hands.

    Ani/Vader - Obi fight, rolling around on the table, lightsabers switch yet again.

    Did the continuity guy ever show up to work on saber duel days ?
    How did the actors not know which saber to have ?
  14. jedi.paramedic's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    487
    Jul 6, 2009, 11:59 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #14

    The original scene had Sidious taking Anakins saber and using it to fight Mace.

    Quote Timmer said: View Post
    Another one that may be known, but still irks me,

    In RotS, Sidious and Mace fight, look closely at Sidious's saber, in some shots it's Anakins.


    Grievous fights Obi-Wan, his sabers are all screwed up, Some that he loses reappear, switch hands.

    Ani/Vader - Obi fight, rolling around on the table, lightsabers switch yet again.

    Did the continuity guy ever show up to work on saber duel days ?
    How did the actors not know which saber to have ?
  15. jedi.paramedic's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    487
    Jul 6, 2009, 12:02 PM - Re: I didn't know that.. #15

    Really? Man I could swear I saw a special when I was younger that showed the tie's sound came from a Circular Saw mixed with some other sounds.

    Also, the original blaster sounds were made from striking the Metal securing cable to a telephone pole. I used to hit these with something metal on the way home from school and it sounded just like em.

    Quote Timmer said: View Post
    Maybe everyone knows this, but it's still a fun fact ( and I'm sure there are tons of sound facts )

    The TIE fighter sound is essentially an elephants trumpeting sound played backwards and touched up a bit. I always picture elephants now when the TIE's fly by.
  16. Mereel's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Posts
    262
    Jul 6, 2009, 8:23 PM - Re: I didn't know that.. #16

    I don't know if anyone else here knows this, but the idea for Chewbacca came from George Lucas' dog, Indiana, who was an Alaskan Malamute.
  17. A'den Kyramud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,337
    Jul 7, 2009, 12:03 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #17

    Quote Mereel said: View Post
    I don't know if anyone else here knows this, but the idea for Chewbacca came from George Lucas' dog, Indiana, who was an Alaskan Malamute.
    Indiana!!!
  18. drokkul's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    987
    Jul 7, 2009, 12:19 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #18

    1. The waterfalls seen in the distance in shots on Naboo were actually salt being spilled (or maybe sugar-can't remember exactly)

    2. Luke whines a lot during the ANH and ESB.
  19. A'den Kyramud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,337
    Jul 7, 2009, 1:18 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #19

    Quote drokkul said: View Post
    2. Luke whines a lot during the ANH and ESB.
    Luke whines a lot. period. so does anakin...connection?
  20. Mereel's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Posts
    262
    Jul 7, 2009, 6:32 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #20

    Quote drokkul said: View Post
    1. The waterfalls seen in the distance in shots on Naboo were actually salt being spilled (or maybe sugar-can't remember exactly)

    It was salt, plus a little digital rendering to make it look more like water.
  21. Boomer Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Jul 7, 2009, 9:11 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #21

    Man do they whine!!!

    Did you know that Peter Mayhew did his own Chewy noises. He did them for my wife at a signing. Good stuff.

    I too still strike cables to hear the sound.

    And why did Harrison Ford's carreer take off when all of the others fizzled?
  22. Mereel's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Posts
    262
    Jul 7, 2009, 9:49 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #22

    Because he was Han Solo.
  23. A'den Kyramud's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,337
    Jul 7, 2009, 10:27 AM - Re: I didn't know that.. #23

    anyone that closely connected to the Fett was bound to have a carreer boost!
  24. Timmer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    368
    Jul 7, 2009, 3:29 PM - Re: I didn't know that.. #24

    There could be some circular saw in there too. Ben Burtt mixes a bunch of sounds together to get his results.

    The high tension line is called a guy-wire, or guy-rope, but most people mispronounce it and call it a guide wire.

    Thanks for the Sidious update, Jedi paramedic !


    The big end battle of Endor was supposed to be Kashyyk, but it was too expensive t omake the village and Wookie suits, so George cut the Wookies in half, rearranged the letters a bit, and got Ewoks.

    I can't forgive him for that either.
  25. formerly LOPERO Scoutleader's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    610
    Jul 7, 2009, 3:46 PM - Re: I didn't know that.. #25

    Quote Timmer said: View Post
    The big end battle of Endor was supposed to be Kashyyk, but it was too expensive t omake the village and Wookie suits, so George cut the Wookies in half, rearranged the letters a bit, and got Ewoks.

    I can't forgive him for that either.
    That would have been some much better and gave the saga something so much better to end with.It is the Ewoks that ruin RotJ for me.

Similar Threads

  1. Didn't have this when young !
    By Bortas69 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 18, 2010, 3:20 PM
  2. Didn't We Have A Gallery?
    By batninja in forum Site Support & News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 30, 2008, 9:36 AM
  3. Didn't we just make a post like this? More TDH Issues.
    By Art Andrews in forum Site Support & News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2008, 5:22 PM