I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I Am Legend.

Go see it.

From
    Jersey

Re: I Am Legend.

I just got back.. and wow.. that's all I can really say about it right now..

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Tension113 said: View Post
    I just got back.. and wow.. that's all I can really say about it right now..
    I feel the same way.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it. The website was cool. I'm hoping to see it this weekend, Sunday, if I'm lucky.

OK, Gamer, I'll put it on the "MUST SEE IN THEATER" list instead of the "Wait for DVD" list.

From
    St. Barbara, Calif.

Wow, I am gonna see it tomorrow, thanks for the less is more recommendation GCN, I am intrigued

formerly slave1117a vaders right hand's Avatar
    From
    Hoth wisconsin

its big will what do you expect

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

OK...when all I see for a post is "go see it" Thats pretty much good for me!!!!!!! If there is no need to discuss likes/dislikes, then it must be dang good!!!
    D

From
    Jersey

I will say this.. Not many movies leave me in a stunned state, where all I can say is 'wow', but this one sure did.. I can't stop thinking about it..

Nothing else can really be said other than, go see this movie..

Just got back from it and for the very first time in quite a while I left the theater very content.
    I didn't feel like I wasted my time or money, so it gets a pretty high rating in my book.

I helped at SDCC '08 Silver Fett's Avatar
    From
    California

Love the movie. I knew Francis Lawrence(Director) wouldn't let us down.

From
    Calgary

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was different from the script treatment I read about 3 or 4 years ago, and some of the changes disappointed me, though most were improvements. If you have the opportunity, go see it in IMAX. You'll get to see the first six minutes of The Dark Knight.

Suspenseful, Riveting, Poignant!!!

From
    northern NJ

i just finished the book on thurs night. it was awesome. the movie plot is a lil dif.

From
    Porterville, California

Littlebekahc, my son, and I saw it last night.Very cool movie and worth every penny.
    Almost makes me want to read the original novel just to experience the slightly different plot.

From
    northern NJ

well, the book is very well written, i had to put it down at one point, i was almost in tears. edge of your seat the whole time. i hope the movie gives the same feel.

oooh, it's encouraging to hear so many people loving it.

i thought about going last night, but still hadn't seen Golden Compass, so I am Legend got a back seat.

maybe next week. can't go to too many movies in one week, what with $10 tickets and all

From
    Silicon Valley

Meh, it's Will Smith, I'll pass.

From
    Ft. Worth, TX

excellent...man I love the dog

From
    Alberta,Canada

Just got back, went with my 13 year old and his friend. Started slow but WOW when it got going..............

From
    Knoxville Tenn.

SPOILERS!

My take on it... The CGI vamps were lame as heck, being an animal lover, the deal with the dog was a real downer and the ending was way too sappy. Outside of that the movie wasn't bad. FOr me it isn't anything to get too excited about, but wirth seeing.

Jon ! Why you have to go and do that ! I was soooooo lookin forward to this movie ! Make your spoilers BLACK !!! Otherwise, idiots like me absorb them on the way down accidentally

Well, I still am looking forward . Ina way it reminds me of "Night of the Comet" a 'lil bit. Anyone remember that cute little "B" movie? I know, I know, different reason for the circumstances of him being "alone", but the previews sort of give it that general feel.

FP

From
    Roanoke, TX

I got to see it last night on the IMAX... Batman preview... AWESOME! The movie... just as good. Very dark, emotional, intense and well acted. Normaly I dont like end of the world type movies but this one was all about the characters with alot of intersting twists. I wont say any more other then you wont be disapointed. And I think I am one of the few who wasnt that bugged out by the CG. I though the special effects were really great.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Gonna be a great day today! Got a gun show this morning and going to see I am Legend tonight! I am really excited about this movie!

I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    From
    Yadkinville NC

Lol, you guys are killing me here...I wanna see it!

From
    Parker, Colorado

All though it was a good action film, I didn't really like it that much

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I didn't like was how the vampires were turned into more zombie-like creatures that didn't show very much intelligence (besides setting a trap). While I'm talking about the trap I might as well say what I didn't like about that particular scene. When the vampire leader releases the infected dogs where does he go? did he just think "oh the dogs will handle it" and leave? don't you think he'd want to stay and make sure his nemesis was destroyed? also Robert knew the sun was setting and he saw the dogs coming, why does he only starting hopping on his foot when he is 3 feet away from his car, and butt-slide the rest of the way? I know that it must've hurt like heck to have that knife in his leg but don't you think he would rather endure pain in his leg and live then butt-slide and get eaten?
    Also, considering that the lead vampire's counterpart in the book was Ben Cortman(his next door neighbor) I was hoping that the leader would have had some pre-infection relationship with Robert.....or at least say something besides "AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!". It also bugged me that there actually was other survivors (didn't he say in the millions) and if the vampires could scale his house, why couldn't they climb over that puny wall around the survivor colony?
    The two main things that bugged me about the ending was that 1) there were other immune people. And 2) the ending completely changed the meaning of the title, in the book the title was a reference to the fact that since he was now the only human he was now the legend while before vampires were the legend. While in the movie they said "His cure is our legend".

and then there was his grenade that was equal to several pounds of C4

SPOILERS OVER(aka end of the rant)

Even my friends that didn't read the book or even knew there was a book left the theatre looking like this. But I'd go see it at the IMAX just for the 5 minutes of Dark Knight.