May 9, 2009, 9:20 AM - How it should have been
out of boredom iv been working on my own version of Episode 1,2,3 because i think the story George Lucas made doesnt make any sense.
now im just wondering if i could post what iv got here on the TDH for some feed back? and would The Sarlacc be the place to post it? its no more 586 words.
May 11, 2009, 2:23 PM - Re: How it should have been
sorry got impatient... here you go
Episode 1,2,3 as it should be
Obi wan and Qui-Gon still apprentice and Padawan
Anakin is also a Padawan already with count Dooku as his master[
Darth maul is Palpatines padawan
Yes, Palpatine is a jedi master in the counsil along with Dooku. Qui-Gon Jinn us not due to his “rebellious” nature and disagreements with the jedi code.
Obi wan (about 20, as in the movie)and Anakin (around 10, as in the movie) gets along well in a big brother and little brother kind off way. But maul (same age as Obi Wan) strives only for power and doesn’t like any of them. This fits Palpatine because he to strives only for power.
Dooku is still very arrogant because of his title count and this causes arguments between him and Qui-Gon jinn and also the rivalry between Anakin and obi wan
The clone army, should have been used by the republic from the beginning, even before episode 1 is set. the whole secret army that no one knew existed was stupid
Being introduced to characters and the political scenario of the republic splitting in two due to disagreements regarding the use of a cloned slave army and the resent hypocrisy of the jedi order for using it. Ends with a coup, replacing the previous republican government with a new separatist one. The republic makes a “tactical withdrawal” to the outer rim, taking the clone army with it (since
The Jedi order is split in two: one side wishes to follow the republic the other the separatists. Qui-Gon and Obi Wan follow the separatists while Dooku and Anakin and Palpatine and Maul follows the republic. The separatists are slowly crushed and many Jedies are killed by the republic because they really do not want to fight fellow Jedi nor the slave army of clones. Anakin, since they no longer follow the Jedi Council forms a relationship with Padmé. Obi wan and Qui-Gon ends up cornered at one point and has to fight Palpatine and Maul, ending up with Qui-Gon dead by Palpatine and Maul killed by Obi Wan. Obi Wan escapes and joins up with the rest of the Separatist army of volunteers. Padmé is there to, supporting the Separatists cause and very pregnant.
Dooku and Anakin leading a small war party on a mission to assassinate several Separatist Jedi. The assassinators become ambushed by the targeted jedies and a group of mandalorian mercenaries. Dooku is killed covering Anakin and the soldiers retreat. During the battle Anakin is wounded in an explosion and must later rely on internal machines breathing for him and prosthetic arms. Palpatine takes Anakin as his padawan, changing his name to Vader to hide the fact that it is Anakin from their enemies. Fearing that the Chancellor will Join the separatist and end the existence of the Republic, Palpatine and the jedies who supports him lead a rebellion against the Republic in hope for another coup making Palpatine chancellor. However, the separatist army and their jedies, Obi Wan and Yoda among them, intercept Palpatines Jedies in space. The battle results in the majority of the Jedies on both sides dead and Obi Wan and Yoda on the run. Anakin is further injured by Obi Wan. Palpatine and Vader returns to Courusant and kills the Chancellor and declares the beginning of the Galactic Empire. Palpatine now controls the Clone army and the senate.
btw: the jedi have been slowly slaughtered the entire time, and there should have been only one thousand at least, not several.
cheers! tell me waht you think pliiz
May 11, 2009, 3:40 PM - Re: How it should have been
well that's different. a little too crazy for my tastes, but hey... its your vision! Just like Lucas had his. I think he got it mostly right, but I Would have just made little, but very important changes to the movies. First make little Anakin a little more troubled and darker. (no whoopies!!) and don't let Darth Maul go out like a punk. let him die a glorious death!! and then the most important change make the older Anakin become very jealous of anyone talking to Padme especially Obi-Wan and have him turn bad because of that and fight Obi-wan that way. (Maybe have Anakin see Padme and Obi-Wan hug)they kinda eluded to that but not enough. He killed younglings because he was afraid to lose her.. thats S-T-U-P-I-D.
May 11, 2009, 4:03 PM - Re: How it should have been
i agree, the whole anakin thing Lucas made is kinda...far out. and i didnt like that the jedi all died so quickly and figured it would make more sense if they died in a long war, fighting fellow jedies. i just think it makes more sense. and the whole "hi im Darth Sidious, AKA Chancellor Palpatine. but you jedi wouldnt know that cause your lookinf for a guy in a black robe and not a fancy suite"
May 11, 2009, 4:06 PM - Re: How it should have been
How does Padme die in your version? If I missed it I am sorry.
May 11, 2009, 4:10 PM - Re: How it should have been
she dies with the rest of the separatists. no big death, just part of a missfortunate ship. i dont like the idea of heroic deaths... takes to long (Trinity in Matrix 3... bah)
May 11, 2009, 5:16 PM - Re: How it should have been
I like GL's version but I too would have changed things as follows
1. Jar Jar dies a painful and horrendous death in the middle episode I.
2. Anakin stops crying "I shouldn't have done that." IMMEDIATELY after doing something evil, I mean had he said it after he had time to think it would have been better, but "I hate you Dooku." *cuts of head* "I shouldn't have done that" is simply stupid.
3. I would have gotten someone who's good at writing love scenes to do the scene in Ep. 2, GL simply sucks at romance writing and it shows.
4. Jango and Boba would have taken a lot more people with them before their death/partial digestion. They were supposed to have been the baddest bounty hunters there was, yet the movies simply didn't justify this claim.
5. Would have added Boba crawling out of the sarlacc instead of adding Jar Jar's "wesa free" B.S. at the end of ROTJ. That would have made a great scene after the credits.
6. I would not have had the whine gene passed from Anakin to Luke. "What have I done?" to "I was going to go to the Toche Station.." bleh.
7. Would not have referred to the garrison that got defeated by ewoks as the best garrison the Empire had.
8. The Palpatine vs Jedi Masters fight would have lasted longer. I thought it was dumb how Palpatine kills like 3 of them in the first 3 seconds with the same jab attack.
9. I would have killed Padme in the middle of Ep 3. giving Anakin a better reason to go to the dark side.
10. I'd have shown Anakin offing at least a single youngling simply to get the point across and make the audience REALLY hate him. You shouldn't find yourself identifying with someone who just killed a temple full of children.