How do you prevent sweating while trooping?

So as the thread implies, I'm interested to know how people keep the sweat to a minimum. I know of troopers that put small fans in their helmets, but what about other areas in the body? Particularly the armpit region (I'm worried about sweating too much there and getting that pit stain stuff that doesn't go away even if you wash it regularly). It's not a big deal for me yet (my Boba is still in developement), but once I spend all this money in supplies and stuff, I'd hate to see stuff like the jumpsuit get stains if preventable. I'm interested in other ways how you guys keep cool in those outfits out while you're out and about.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

From
    madison,ms.

Re: How do you prevent sweating while trooping?

If u get an answer I'd love to here it. Even in a ac environment I sweat in fett. I air out my suit after . Have not had any stain issues yet

keep cool? never solved that mystery

i wear under armor under my suit to help contain the sweat. that's about it.

From
    Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462

Troop in Alaska

unfortunately where I'm from, weather is neither consistently cold or hot lol. stormtrooperguy, does the under armor keep the sweat off the jumpsuit and flak vest well?

on a dreamer's note; it would be cool if, like electric blanket technology, there were a cool electric flack vest that could be adjusted with the gauntlet calculator lol. A hopeful bounty hunter can dream...

From
    Houston, TX

you're going to sweat through it no matter what unless it's an outdoor troop in under 50degree weather. Here in TX I sweat so much that it literally drips down the inside of the backplate. Best thing I can suggest is maybe Portable Cooling System - Personal Cooling by Cool Shirt Haven't tried it but it looks interesting.

Archaster777 said: View Post
    unfortunately where I'm from, weather is neither consistently cold or hot lol. stormtrooperguy, does the under armor keep the sweat off the jumpsuit and flak vest well?
    sort of... it's the difference between soaking through in 10 minutes vs. 30.

From
    Brisbane, Australia

I trooped here in Brisbane and the Gold Coast on the weekend, and I did wear a t-shirt under the jumpsuit but still sweated through the jumpsuit but not to bad considering it was a bit warm. I really don't think there is anything to do to prevent it apart from getting a cooling vest like some vaders do. I guess just a t-shirt or under armour as STG suggested.

From
    United States

I use short sleeve wick-away under garments made by Merona. Works good but hot days are just gonna be sweaty days. I recommend that you stay physically fit or do some cardio and stay very hydrated to keep the sweating down when you troop. I'm a runner so it works better for me when I troop. Also, lay off the beer the night before LOL; your body will purge alcohol through sweat.

From
    Murrieta Ca.

Hey Archaster- Stormtrooperguy is right on the money. Sweating (evaporative cooling) is the human body's way of keeping the system from overheating. Especially if the humidity is great where you live. Wearing under armor is a great way to control where the sweat pools, as well as keeping you cool and comfortable. As far as limiting the amount you sweat..well, just shy of removing your eccrine/ apocrine glands...this may be difficult...stick w/ a good quality under armor.

I helped at SDCC '08 Fett Seven's Avatar
    From
    Temecula, CA

Check out this video on the Cool Shirts. A jet pack could act as the cooling box while trooping.
    Cool Shirt® by Shafer - A Modern Marvel! - YouTube

guys, this is great information! I'd have to do more research on that cool shirt thing but as long as something, like under armor, that helps reduce sweat getting on the flight suit (I know I'm gonna get hot in there but as long as I can keep it mostly away from the suit I'm good) is something I will definitely utilize, either one or the other, in my suit.

Thanks for the help guys! And anyone else who has other creative ideas, please post them up! It's good to know different ways about how to keep things comfortable while trooping. Thrax, good call on keeping hydrated. I don't consume alcohol too often so I don't have much to worry about there but I'll keep that in mind before my first troop!

Don't drink fluids...it'll be an awesome challenge staying conscious you can be the ultimate Fett
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

Three words: Personal Coolant System. They are SERIOUSLY expensive, but well worth it, especially for full-body suits like Fett, troopers, and Wookies. Most especially if you live in a really hot area like I do.

From
    Murfreesboro, TN

Just go as the Kamino Jango and periodically have someone spray you with water to achieve the "Fighting Obi Wan in a storm" look. You will stay cool all day

Trout said: View Post
    Just go as the Kamino Jango and periodically have someone spray you with water to achieve the "Fighting Obi Wan in a storm" look. You will stay cool all day
    lol. Unfortunately I plan on either classic ROTJ Boba or SE (still fighting to figure it out) but either way it's sand, sand, sand lol.

Sandy. xD Actually.. I wanted to go as SE Boba to Burning Man. Tons of sand there. And heat. o.o And expensive tickets.

From
    Roanoke, VA USA

I use Under Armor as well. I did one troop last year that it was 95 degrees and sunny. I have a helmet fan in the helmet and it helped my head. I have a "coolmax shorty" on my head which helps with the sweat dripping down my face. As far as the flightsuit getting sweaty, its gonna happen. Can't get around it. I was a little uncomfortable that day but not too bad. I just have to wash the flightsuit after a couple of troops and "re-weather" it. Not bad at all. The key is to drink enough but not too much. You HAVE to make sure you drink enough fluids otherwise you will have more serious issues other than a sweaty Fett.

From
    Eastern Canada

only thing i got is keep a shirt in the fridge, velcro some freezes to it. lol

From
    Helsinki, Finland (Yeah, I'm one with the penguins)

I might add that in hot environments, when trooping, it is best to drink water that has calium, sodium and magnesium. These are the things you sweat out, and will cause you problems. Also, if the drink you are drinking is cold, it will not be absorbed by your body, but will go through your body and sweat out immediately...

From
    Long Beach, CA

From
    North Charleston, South Carolina, United States

I was told about Under Armor when I started building my fett 2 years ago. I'd never tried wearing em, but thought if the fat guy in Resident Evil Umbrella Corp body armor in the middle of a South Carolina summer says it works, it must.

My input for you... There's a lot of these type clothes. I found the Starter brand at Walmart is less than half the price of Under Armor from a sporting goods store. Unfortunately, neither of em work for me. They just sort of pool the sweat around you and make you feel like you're wearing a soaking wet shirt while keeping the outer clothing layers dry.

What I use is the brand that's right next to the Under Armor stuff at sporting goods stores and it's the same price: Nike Pro Combat. Get em to fit tight and you'll swear you're not sweating at all. Can't believe I didn't find these before... I'm playing with a band and/or setting up DJ-karaoke equipment 3-5 times a week, and I won't do either without one of these shirts keeping me dry for the chore of loading equipment in/out of my car.