Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 12, 2009, 12:30 AM - holy poop lesner #1

nuff said. gave a good old fashion beat done, but what a jerk.
  2. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Jul 12, 2009, 12:32 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #2

Gotta have the support of the fans. I guess he doesn't want sponors either.
    Jul 12, 2009, 12:34 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #3

coors light. lol
  4. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Jul 12, 2009, 12:36 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #4

help me out...im confused...
  5. formerly Sgt. Skirata Huntman's Avatar
    Jul 12, 2009, 12:53 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #5

hunnh?????
    Jul 12, 2009, 12:57 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #6

ufc heavyweight championship. brock lesner vs. frank mir. lesner gave it to mir grizzly style.
    Jul 12, 2009, 1:05 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #7

It is making sense now. Thanks!
  8. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Jul 12, 2009, 1:09 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #8

gotcha!
    Jul 12, 2009, 1:51 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #9

get on youtube, you can probably find hi-lites
    Jul 12, 2009, 1:58 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #10

Thats the best shape ive ever seen Frank in, hes usually flabby and he showed up cut and lean. Wish that fight could have gone longer, would have been really fun to see how well Brock's jujitsu defense is.........

On a sid,e note Heavy Weight Division is looking pretty bleak right now, wish they could strike up a deal Lesner VS Emilnenko (sp) who IMO is the best fighter in the world and hes not even in UFC
  11. formerly LOPERO Scoutleader's Avatar
    Jul 12, 2009, 9:59 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #11

how many rounds did it go...if it did or was it a KO
    Jul 12, 2009, 10:27 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #12

ref stopped the lesner fight in the second round. then lesner went and talked trash to mir after he just beat the man. i have no respect for a guy like that.
    Last edited by mrbungle; Jul 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM. Reason: Code of Conduct violation- language
    Jul 12, 2009, 4:05 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #13

talked trash to mir, talked trash to the interview, flipped off the crowd. he was a general d-bag about the entire thing.
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Jul 12, 2009, 5:21 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #14

I read on Yahoo that Dana had a talk with both him and Henderson about his last blow to Bisping when he was clearly "out." Henderson said he had that last blow to make sure he kept his mouth shut.
  15. Jul 12, 2009, 6:17 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #15

this is what the UFC needs a heel to bring in the FANS,IN MY OPINION THE ufc IS BORING AND NEEDS SOME KIND OF STORY TO GO WITH IT,AND WHAT BETTER WAY THAN AN EX wwe SUPER STAR,LOOK AT ALL THE PUBLICITY THEY ARE GETTING NOW ALL PLANNED TO BRING IN THE PEOPLE TO VIEW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
    Jul 12, 2009, 6:47 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #16

that si true, i was hoping lesner would get beat, but i will have to wait to next time.
    Jul 13, 2009, 9:15 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #17

Mir talked a ton of smack prior to the fight though and he really did get lucky the 1st time around. I think Brock should of been the better man and not flipped the crowd off but I was totally fine with him going up to Mir after and saying talk smack now...Mir's face looked like damaged fruit!

I jumped for joy too when Bisping got KO'd! Sorry to all my Brit friends here but Bisping never shuts up!

And GSP is getting better and better...
    Jul 13, 2009, 9:43 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #18

alves(sp) should have got some BJJ and wrestling training before that fight. gsp was taking him down at will. i was really suprised that fight went the 5 rounds. gsp should have submited that guy in the second or third round.
    Jul 13, 2009, 10:12 AM - Re: holy poop lesner #19

GSP's takedowns are virtually unstoppable. Other than that, I think he was a little off his game for the fight. He is probably my favorite fighter in the sport at the moment. He is the complete opposite of Lesner as far as class goes. The UFC doesn't need to turn into the WWE. I lost what respect I had for Brock after what he did post fight. Going into the figtht I didn't care who won, and I thought I could have gone either way. If/when there is a Mir/Lesner III I'll definately be rooting for Mir!
    Jul 13, 2009, 12:15 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #20

i watch the ufc for the fighting and the skill the fighters, not for a soap opera.
    Jul 13, 2009, 12:22 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #21

ufc is the biggest **** in my eyes ...

But thatīs just my opinion. Showing children how to fight ... life is brutal enough ... sorry, but thatīs no sport ... itīs just rough **** fighting ... 10 fighting styles at once but none is done right.

"hey I am able to do a bit of this, and a bit of this ... nothing perfect but I am the greatest ..."

Biggest wonder is the upcoming hype about this **** .....

I still try to find the "sport" in it ... maybe someone can explain it to me ...

or better not ...
    Jul 13, 2009, 12:24 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #22

Quote mrbungle said: View Post
    i watch the ufc for the fighting and the skill the fighters, not for a soap opera.

What skill? To be just brutal has nothing to do with skills in my eyes ... just raw stoneage behavior ... this *** is the opposite to being civilized.

Jul 13, 2009, 12:27 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #23

they have to be well rounded because most fighters of one disipline get killed in the octagon. you have to have good stand up and good ground skills.

a karate guy is great on his feet, but what happens when he is flat on his back with a guy on top of him??? karate does not cover ground fighting. that is why you need to learn at least enough BJJ to get back to your feet.
    Jul 13, 2009, 12:31 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #24

Quote mmgraphics said: View Post
    What skill? To be just brutal has nothing to do with skills in my eyes ... just raw stoneage behavior ... this *** is the opposite to being civilized.

are you kidding me, it does not take skill to get out of an armbar ?? or to stop a guy from taking you down to the mat?? or how to get out of the clinch??

if you do not see skill in that , i do not know what to say to you, except go to a local MMA gym and roll with some of the guys there and see if you don't learn a thing or two.
  25. Jul 13, 2009, 1:36 PM - Re: holy poop lesner #25

To me, UFC is starting to become a spectacle like WWE when they brought in Brock with his tattoo that everyone picks on him about on The Underground, but now on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter they are going to have Kimbo on there ? ? ?

I remember seeing Dana talking about Kimbo after he lost that fight on CBS and saying what a loser he was, that he got knocked out by some guy who wasn't even a champion on the UFC and now he's on the payroll ? ?

I used to like it when Japan had the Pride Fighting Championship, cause it was just the big two (UFC and PFC) showcasing some great fights.

Now I wonder if Dana can get Fedor, and maybe even Bob Sapp. . .

But Lesnar is no people's champion and the last thing we need is for the UFC to start having smack talk sessions before fights.

Other than that, GSP !!!!!!!

- J