Subscribe
    Mar 21, 2008, 5:29 AM - Help for a new guy #1

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and a day before finding this place i bought a bucket off ebay. I would in the future like to get what i need from other dented members after reading a lot of horror stories about ebay and recasters.

Anyway i really have no experience working with resin/fiberglass/bondo/whathaveyou. So can any veterans offer me some pointers or send me to a thread i may have missed. Any help is much appreciated
    Mar 21, 2008, 12:16 PM - Re: Help for a new guy #2

Welcome to TDH! There are soooo many threads here, the best thing would be to just pick a section and start reading thread after thread after thread...etc...etc.
    Mar 21, 2008, 12:32 PM - Re: Help for a new guy #3

Yes, what Shatir said. There are tons of construction/building threads. If you plug in a specific term in the search function, you'll come up with some great research.

Depending on your level of experience, people will be able to answer more specific questions for you once you narrow down a certain type of material or part of the costume that you're working on.
    If you've ever built models, the techniques you use (sanding/filling, etc.) won't be that different.
    Mar 23, 2008, 1:14 AM - Re: Help for a new guy #4

thanx for replying guys , i have been looking over as many posts as i have time for. i have started in with my dremel and put some nics in the visor area i bought something called epoxy putty will that work to fill in holes and the like or should i go get bondo? oh and i will try to post a pic or 2 tomorrow thanx again
    Mar 23, 2008, 1:38 PM - Re: Help for a new guy #5

bondo has been a life saver for me. As far as getting started, I made a list of everything I needed then came on TDH and researched makers and did alot of compare and contrast all while referencing visual dictionary pictures, ref. cd, etc. it helped a lot i think. good luck~!