Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Help! Anybody dealing with Predatormv?

From
    Fl.

Re: Help! Anybody dealing with Predatormv?

I contacted him via facebook about a helmet he has owed me for over TWO YEARS! We used to be friends and i found him via facebook.
    When i inquired about the helmet he clamed that because a misunderstanding about dog sitting he no longer owed me anything. So i am out the cost of a new helmet as well as a complete paint job! I am extremely pissed off to say the least. not only did he reply in that mannor, he did so by throwing personal insults and swearing at me. I once again attempted to contact him and he has blocked my facebook account.

From
    Iowa

Wow... this makes me feel like I will never get my jetpack. Great!

Wow this is pretty bad.Being a small time prop maker myself, I understand that there are delays,sometimes very long ones, I have that going on right now with a Vader helmet run..they were resin and all warped so now i have to start 10 helmets over again..but in fiberglass this time, that were paid for in January/Febuary. it sucks! and i feel horrible about it! The difference here is that i contact these people, answer their e-mails and update the thread on the 501st forum. Him just dodging his customers like this is just not cool. Im surprised as he's been a member for quite some time. A shame really.

From
    Iowa

I finally contacted him via Facebook and surprisingly got a response. He claims that my jetpack has been shipped and will arrive on Wednesday. He then decided to tell me that I got the best deal ever and shouldn't complain about having to wait. Ok... I never complained about the wait. I was pissed off because he had not responded for over 6 months. I thought I was NEVER going to see my pack! Now, he says it has been shipped... I'm pretty skeptical seeing as he never contacted me to let me know it has shipped or to confirm my address. I will be VERY surprised if it shows up. I'll keep you all updated.

From
    Rochester, NY via Orange County, CA

Kwally89 said: View Post
    I finally contacted him via Facebook and surprisingly got a response. He claims that my jetpack has been shipped and will arrive on Wednesday. He then decided to tell me that I got the best deal ever and shouldn't complain about having to wait. Ok... I never complained about the wait. I was pissed off because he had not responded for over 6 months. I thought I was NEVER going to see my pack! Now, he says it has been shipped... I'm pretty skeptical seeing as he never contacted me to let me know it has shipped or to confirm my address. I will be VERY surprised if it shows up. I'll keep you all updated.

Good luck with your jetpack.

mando1904 said: View Post
    Good luck with your jetpack.
    yeah, good luck. Now, I hope he gets back to the rest of us

From
    Iowa

Well, I actually got the jetpack today! I am very pleased with the paintjob and everything looks to be in order. I really wish he could have been more mature about this whole thing because I hate having to go through this. All I wanted was an update every couple months, and that is NOT too much to ask. Honestly, a good seller/painter should update his clients without being asked to do so. Anyone who has done this sort of thing knows that it is VERY scary when someone you don't know has your money/props and won't return emails. It really sucks that it had to come to this, and I truly hope everyone else gets what they were promised.

Wellthats good news bro! im glad its worked out! Hopefully everyone else will get their stuff too! Im glad he didnt stiff ya!

From
    Mama's Front yard!

I have given Florida Garrison Command a heads up about the situation.......So please stand by.

Well, I sent him a note on Facebook but that seem's to have been ignored as well.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I finally got my Stormshadow boots back from Mark at CV.

From
    Massachusetts

I wish I could be of help here guys but I've tried numerous times. I've spoken to him repeatedly about this. I know that talking to him definitely kicked him into gear into getting Kwally's jetpack done, I'm not sure where he stands on Verbal21's. I'm getting as frustrated with this as the rest of you because it obviously puts me in a tough position.

I'm going to contact him again for you Verbal21 and see if we can't get this straightened out once and for all.

From
    madison,ms.

webchief said: View Post
    I wish I could be of help here guys but I've tried numerous times. I've spoken to him repeatedly about this. I know that talking to him definitely kicked him into gear into getting Kwally's jetpack done, I'm not sure where he stands on Verbal21's. I'm getting as frustrated with this as the rest of you because it obviously puts me in a tough position.

I'm going to contact him again for you Verbal21 and see if we can't get this straightened out once and for all.
    this is why i like it here . well boba fett too .
    thank for what ya'll do
    Last edited by dlzx9r; Aug 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: tryed to get art's comment quoted

Sad to see things like this happen in a group of men and women that I admire so much for their dedication and honesty. I hope everything works out for those still without their gear. Best wishes!

I appreciate anything that can be done, webchief. I even contacted MoW about possibly buying another jetpack about a month ago and I haven't heard anything back from him yet neither. It sucks because this is really killing all the excitement I had making this suit

From
    North Texas

^^^^^^That is what I hate the most about this type of thing, all of this should be a fun hobby^^^^^^^^^^

another month and still nothing. I went ahead and called up my credit card earlier this week to see if I can at least get some credit back from all of this. They said it can take up to 3 weeks. *fingers crossed*

Anybody have any suggestions on where I can go from here since I'm never hearing from this scumbag ever again? Paypal denied my claims and the original maker of the jetpack can't even give me a little discount and says I have to repay full price just to get another one I feel like I'm been so patient with this, but no way am I gonna take being scammed $500 laying down. He's ignored my pm's on facebook and I know many of you guys are friends with him, can somebody me a phone # or something?

From
    Ipswich QLD Australia

you have your paypal invoices, i guess the next step would be the department of fair trading (or you US version of it) Local law enforcement, can this be regarded as theft, or maybe small claims court, is really disspointing to hear. hope it comes through for you> Webchief has done what he can i would take the next step, and ring police get them to pay him a visit, stolen property!
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Dec 15, 2010 at 4:50 AM.

Yeah that sucks more and more we see long standing members with good history do things like this, Is it so hard to do what youve been paid for!
    I dont think im alone when i say i feel for you on this , and if the whole deal was set up by maker of the pac they have a responsability to you the least he could do would be give u a dicscount his already made profit from u ( provieded there was an arangement with the maker and painter)

From
    Massachusetts

Verbal, I feel for you. I've tried multiple times to get Mark to at least RESPOND to you. I simply don't know what the issue is. I've emailed him, texted him, called him. All the same.

I appreciate it webchief. I see this jerk in his armor on Facebook and he doesn't even have the respect to answer my pm's. If anybody has any other info on how I can reach him, please feel free to pm me

From
    Ipswich QLD Australia

send him a money request via PP for your JP and paintwork, full total value, worked for some other members on here who had issues with another vendor, also if he gives you the "u gave it to me blah blah", it then becomes theft by finding.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Evilhemmes said: View Post
    send him a money request via PP for your JP and paintwork, full total value, worked for some other members on here who had issues with another vendor, also if he gives you the "u gave it to me blah blah", it then becomes theft by finding.
    That's not a bad idea actually, and it couldn't hurt to try. Once you dip your hand into his wallet, he'll listen.

I already filed a paypal claim and lost because it was so long ago. Same story with my bank. It just sucks how much money I lost out on this from 2 "reputable" guys and I would've hoped the Jetpack maker could've at least given me some sort of discount on another one, but nope, he wants fulls price again. Is it wrong of me to have thought he could've at least helped me out a little as well on this?